Is Tom Daley Gay

Comments

• gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gay or no gay it doesn't matter a heap! What a stupid thread!

He is a perfect role model and he makes a change from the usual badly behaved utter untalented rubbish in the news!
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Barely pubescent? Steven Webb was in his mid-twenties thus very much an adult whatever your sneering post is implying.

Actually when he met Fry and recorded Pooh he was 14 and when they worked together on The Magician's house he was 15. I'm 'implying' nothing, I'm saying exactly what I think of middle aged men who lust after pubescent boys.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    Actually when he met Fry and recorded Pooh he was 14 and when they worked together on The Magician's house he was 15. I'm 'implying' nothing, I'm saying exactly what I think of middle aged men who lust after pubescent boys.

:rolleyes: Yes you are. Your saying something happened back then or at the very least implying it.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Yes you are. Your saying something happened back then or at the very least implying it.

Nonsense. Read what people actually say instead of what you think they're saying.

I'm saying that Stephen Fry is comparable to a middle-aged man who you entrust to work with your 13 year old daughter, and ten years later he leaves his wife for her. Do you think there's anything unsavoury about that? If so, we're on the same page. If not, very well, you have a different point of view than mine.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Oh FFS. Do you live inside Tom Daley's head? Do you know his wants and desires? You cannot say someone is Gay because you "think" he is.

This is DS, people on here claim someone is gay all the time, when there is no proof. Also the ridiculous "Elton John was married" argument. That is an exception to the rule. Most men who are married are straight.

It's like the idiots who claim all gay men are paedophiles because of a few priests etc. Disgusting "logic" :eek::mad:
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    How sad it is, that from the age of what, 16 there has been speculation about this young man's sexuality. How about let him live, and let him be what he wants to be/what he is. Forcing someone to come out because people have weird idea that they can spot gayness form others is almost as bad as forcing people to deny their sexuality. It all comes form the same narrow minded place, and no one benefits from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad it is, that from the age of what, 16 there has been speculation about this young man's sexuality. How about let him live, and let him be what he wants to be/what he is. Forcing someone to come out because people have weird idea that they can spot gayness form others is almost as bad as forcing people to deny their sexuality. It all comes form the same narrow minded place, and no one benefits from it.

Perfectly put. You cannot tell someone they are gay, straight or bisexual. Only they know. Tom says he is straight and I believe him. It's not that there is proof that he's lying.

It shouldn't matter anyway :rolleyes:
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nonsense. Read what people actually say instead of what you think they're saying.

I'm saying that Stephen Fry is comparable to a middle-aged man who you entrust to work with your 13 year old daughter, and ten years later he leaves his wife for her. Do you think there's anything unsavoury about that? If so, we're on the same page. If not, very well, you have a different point of view than mine.

Confused. If it was 10 years later, wouldn't that make her 23?, an adult , so 2 consenting adults?
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Perfectly put. You cannot tell someone they are gay, straight or bisexual. Only they know. Tom says he is straight and I believe him. It's not that there is proof that he's lying.

It shouldn't matter anyway :rolleyes:

Of course you can tell when some people are gay , hence 'camp' - and gay men can tell other gay men . Its not rocket science .
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But the point is, you've managed to make Stephen Fry into an implied paedophile on an unrelated Tom Daley thread simply because you...don't like Stephen Fry.

What was the point? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Of course you can tell when some people are gay , hence 'camp' - and gay men can tell other gay men . Its not rocket science .

No, it's called wishful thinking. Either that, or appalling arrogance. You cannot tell someone what their sexuality is, especially when they are a complete stranger to you :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether he's just very camp..
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »

Really, you can't. And IMO it's pretty rude to assume people's sexuality just by them being "camp". Best way, if in need to know, is to ask the person directly, and then accept their answer whatever it may be as the truth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, you can't. And IMO it's pretty rude to assume people's sexuality just by them being "camp". Best way, if in need to know, is to ask the person directly, and then accept their answer whatever it may be as the truth.

This. Hilarious how people on here would get offended if someone told them repeatedly they were straight even if they aren't. You cannot tell someone what they are.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member

Mothers always seem to know and Tom's mother laughed when an interviewer asked her about Tom giving her grandchildren. Yes, there are 'camp' heterosexuals, but very few and far between and often it is part of a comedy routine and not something they are prone to do in their private life.

If I were an effeminate and 'camp' heterosexual I would 'butch up' to stop people assuming I'm gay all the time.

But as you say we must accept someone's answer as the truth.
  • Mr MacMr Mac Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Gay or no gay it doesn't matter a heap! What a stupid thread!

He is a perfect role model and he makes a change from the usual badly behaved utter untalented rubbish in the news!

Why doesn't it matter?

You cannot pretend that it "doesn't matter a heap" and then respond to it as if someone has accused him of committing a minor offence.

In the US they have black history month not a "Oh god, who cares about colour, I wish everyone would just shut up about it" month - for obvious reasons.

If him really being gay (or not) didn't matter then people asking the question wouldn't matter. If the OP was "what music does Tom Daley like?" I suspect people wouldn't come here all outraged at the interest. Why? Because it wouldn't matter.

If people still get their knickers in a twist about sexuality - then it still matters. To them, at least.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre's contribution to this thread is utterly disgusting. Why their homophobia is tolerated on here escapes me.
  • Mr MacMr Mac Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    From a legal perspective I'm surprised the comment hasn't been removed given the length of time between it being posted and now would leave the site legal liable for any libel suit. Especially if, as I suspect, people have alerted the comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Mac wrote: »
    From a legal perspective I'm surprised the comment hasn't been removed given the length of time between it being posted and now would leave the site legal liable for any libel suit. Especially if, as I suspect, people have alerted the comment.

Well written. This is a homophobic thread full of hatred. I hope Mr Daly's lawyers are reading these disgusting rants and slurs by bigoted idiots,
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Well written. This is a homophobic thread full of hatred. I hope Mr Daly's lawyers are reading these disgusting rants and slurs by bigoted idiots,

Ever heard of the Streisand Effect? Mr Daly's lawyers' involvement would bring the thread to the attention of the media, making matters worse.

Although I actually think the comment you responded to was more about slurs against Mr Fry than Mr Daly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His comment about "less attractive" girls being the ones who always come up to him is pretty damn unpleasant. I have gone off him big time since the Olympics and his desperation to become a "personality" in the media. I think he's developed a rather undesirable attitude in some ways, and I think it's a shame as he seemed lovely before. It's gone to his head, I fear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Feel a bit sorry for Tom with all this speculation :o

Feels like we're rifling through his private things (oooer)

I do agree.

Then again, by giving this rather random interview he's brought the speculation upon himself.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't care if he heterosexual, homosexual, asexual, bisexual, trisexual, quadrisexual, pansexual, transexual, omnisexual or that thing where a woman ties a belt around your neck and pisses on a balloon.

He has the personality and charisma of a damp cardboard box. His sexuality isn't gonna change that whatever it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people keep wondering about a person's sexuality then they must have doubts themselves about their own sexuality! There is no other reason for such stupid questioning.

If someone is gay,then it is: (a)none of your business; and (2)get over it.

In fact, the more a person keeps banging on others sexuality and using the moral argument, that person must be hiding a dirty little secret(in their own minds) and are deflecting their own tormented idiotic behavior on others!
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello :)

Well said.
This discussion has been closed.