Is Big Brother 4 really that boring?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    But he didn't need to promise to do anything except for to be himself as that is what people wanted to see when they put him back in, just more of the same from him. He was very funny albeit in an unintentional way from his hilarious "dancing" to the things that came out of his mouth. When he was evicted, it was the second eveiction on that particular week and was about the 5th week in a row where he'd been up so that showed how much the viewers and or his fans wanted to keep him in but probably were worried about their phone bills getting to high had they voted in massive numbers more to keep him in.

He might not have needed to promise to do anything, but Jon himself promised to 'mix it up' before saluting his people & going back in the house.

Tickle himself spent his whole time on RI:SE saying how dull it was & how it needed spicing up, so if someone who was in the house himself could see how dull it was, that tells you all you need to know.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB4 was dull as dishwater. People seem to have short memories. There were episodes where absolutely nothing happened. There were episodes where the housemates slept all day,. and episodes which started at 6pm with Gos just getting out of bed.
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the highlight shows being a real chore to watch, especially towards the end - and they were only 30 minutes long in those days.
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really enjoyed this season. It is also one of my favourite BB houses and it looks so comfy lol. I think especially when you look back at it, it makes you miss what BB used to be like.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbo19 wrote: »
    In a minority here but Big Brother 4 is my BEST and #1 series of civillian BBUK ever, I agree that people only make out as it was "boring" due to being compared with BB3 and BB5.

I agree with this. I honestly believe that if BB4 had come before BB3 and immediately followed the second series, then it wouldn't have been given its boring tag.
    I know there weren't 24/7 arguments/violence or any nudity but c'mon I'd rather have BBUK like BB4 than any of Channel 5's series. It was just a group of 12 NORMAL, GENUINE and NICE people left to get on with things for 64 days without any producer manipulation or forced arguments.

I'd rather BB4 over any of C5's series as well. Any day of the week.
    BB4 was dull as dishwater. People seem to have short memories. There were episodes where absolutely nothing happened. There were episodes where the housemates slept all day,. and episodes which started at 6pm with Gos just getting out of bed.

I rewatched BB4 a couple of years ago, and I can confirm that this was not the case. There was always SOMETHING happening, as there has been with every single series. There weren't episodes where the housemates slept all through the day or only starting at 6pm. When showing HL of each series in the past, when it came to BB4, they just showed the HMs sleeping or sunbathing, as if that was all they ever did, when it obviously wasn't.

Also, why do people single out Gos for being the laziest? He was no more lazy than any of the others. IMO, the laziest HM in there was probably Federico. He was the one that stayed in bed longer than the other HMs. He would almost always get up out of bed until about 2pm, but people don't really mention that.
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a few episodes last night. Was a bit disturbed by something I saw. Nush was sitting on the edge of the couch beside Cameron and he slid his finger down her pants into her bum crack. When you think of what's happening on BB now with Aaron getting kicked out, when out and out sexual assault in BB resulted in the guy actually winning then it's a bit shocking.

Was on Day 28 of BB4. I had no memory of this from the time.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stout was the beneficiary of favouritism by BB. Tickle was far more popular. .

So why did Tickle leave ? It was a vote to evict. >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    BB 4 had loads of great tasks, the reward room was very good, Tickle and ferico were very funny but if none of that appealed to you, what does? BB going into Jerry Springer mode? If ithat is what appeals to you then I'd say BB isn't the Jerry Springer show and those that want that kind of stuff should watch repeats of Jerry Springer and other programmes like that, Judge Judy and its spin off included.

Sorry, but it was dullsville
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Stout was the beneficiary of favouritism by BB. Tickle was far more popular. .

So why did Tickle leave ? It was a vote to evict. >:(>:(>:(

Because they changed it to a double eviction without any notice. They knew Jon was the only one who could beat Cameron and so took the chance to get rid. That double eviction of Fed and Jon killed the series imo and made the dull duo of Cameron and Steph the rulers of the house. Him in particular sucked every bit of life and fun out of that house and set the tone for a house where they were scared to upset him.

I just think it was such an anti climax after a great start with BB1 and then two brilliant but very different years with BB2 and BB3 which were the best years for me. The expectation was so high and yet fell so flat
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I just realised I meant Tania, not Steph... Oops!

I did wonder :D

Steph was the ex WAG who did nothing but clean and moan. Tania had potential but had no one decent to bounce off of. She claimed to be an ex of Peter Andre ad Dane Bowers (and you wouldn't admit that if you didn't have to) and I think she went on to marry a French footballer.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    He might not have needed to promise to do anything, but Jon himself promised to 'mix it up' before saluting his people & going back in the house.

Tickle himself spent his whole time on RI:SE saying how dull it was & how it needed spicing up, so if someone who was in the house himself could see how dull it was, that tells you all you need to know.

Every single year - every single housemate talk about the endless boring hours. Lets face it - after a couple of weeks they know all there is to know about each other and are all talked out. Unless it happens to be a very hot summer and they have fun in the pool - the hours drag,

They are all desperate for tasks. A lot of the interest depends on how good the tasks are - as I recall I think BB4 had some really good tasks.

What it lacked was spitefulness, rows and nasty HM's - personally I think that makes for a good series. They certainly made up for the lack in BB5.

We all have different expectations and opinions on what's good/bad I suppose.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I remember being slightly disappointed in it, but I still watched and enjoyed it enough. Now I look back at it with fond nostalgia. It was pretty much the last of old school BB.