Options

Do you think Diana's death was an accident?

SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do people think? I won't say what I think yet because I'm curious to see how well informed people are.

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am very well informed and it was an accident:)
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I have my doubts.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever happened to that white Punto?
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too am well informed, and can also confirm that it was an accident.

I'm so well informed, I'm going to take a punt here and assume "well informed" means "has read a bunch of conspiracy nonsense on the net".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do i think it was an accident? In a word... NO!
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't It Deacon Sharpe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whatever happened to that white Punto?

Wasn't that found some years later in a harbour somewhere? I'm sure I read that a white fiat previously owned by a pap was driven off a dock and sat under the water for ages before someone found it.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Has someone been reading the Daily Express?

Surely that's the only thing that keeps banging on about Diana.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Yes.

A poll would be good.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I'm a firm believer of the conspiracy theory because it's funny that as soon as there were rumours (according to my Mum) of Diana giving birth to a baby that went against Royal Family rules, she ended up in a crash.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a good conspiracy theorist should be able to connect diana's tragic death to the moon landings hoax in just one twitter feed ........
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a tragic accident, despite the rumours that her royal hagness told Kate on her wedding day that she shouldn't piss her off & to wear a seatbelt.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probly
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I don't believe it was an accident
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't normally subscribe to the usual conspiracy theories and think most are pretty ludicrous but I admit to having some doubts around this one. Also, if it was an accident, it was certainly very 'convenient'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I'm a firm believer of the conspiracy theory because it's funny that as soon as there were rumours (according to my Mum) of Diana giving birth to a baby that went against Royal Family rules, she ended up in a crash.

I don't believe every conspiracy theory i read,but it really irritates me how so many people just want to dismiss EVERY conspiracy theory as rubbish. It's like they want to believe we live in a nice cosy innocent world where every nasty bad thing that happens is just a terrible accident or we can believe the story the governments give us because of course they never tell any lies or cover things up.

I think most people know deep down inside that not everything is always as it appears, but its too dark and awful to face to they prefer to bury their heads in the sand and believe that it can't be true.
  • Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    The Queen organised it due to Diana marrying into a Muslim family

Is that not libellous?
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it was an accident

Nor me. Just too much that doesn't ring true about it.
  • Options
    Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member

Oh, well that's conclusive evidence then. The prosecution rests its case, M'lud.

But seriously, for a start, no pregnancy was ever confirmed. Some papers said she was, some said she wasn't, some said she was pregnant but Dodi wasn't the father (and given Diana's track record, that is probably the most likely scenario of them all).

For another thing, I always figured that if I was going to go for an assassination, and knew I would only get one attempt at it, my method of choice wouldn't be the highly uncertain method of staging a car crash. What if she had survived.? What then..? And how would they persuade the driver to do something that would be more likely to kill him than the intended victim...?

"M'sieu Paul, we want you to take part in a mission which will almost certainly end in your death, but might be reasonably survivable for the intended victim.

"Mais oui, mon ami. I will do it gladly. I will 'it ze concrete post with such style.... such elan. It will be an, 'ow you say, 'onour..!!"

Not a likely scenario, is it..?

Call me Little Miss Stick-in-the-Mud if you will, but I reckon it was an accident.
  • Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone knows that the most foolproof way to murder someone is to get their driver drunk and then hope that he crashes the car in a way that will cause them fatal injuries and they won't be wearing their seatbelts.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the great Carl Grimes once (sort of) said, sometimes a brick is just a brick.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well if your Mum says so then who are we to differ. And of course it had nothing to do with Mr Fayeds notorius drug taking son (sorry to speak ill of the dead but it is perfectly true) who changed chauffeurs from a sober one to one over the limit, changed his plans umpteen times and left for no reason other than his own sport a perfectly safe hotel to drive at speed through the streets of Paris without seatbelts did it.

And if Diana had had her police security who she dismissed but was frequently asked to take back by the Royals themselves she would still be alive as they would never have allowed that journey to take place in the way that it did..
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a theory. Diana with a Muslim's baby would have made the next 20 years of foreign policy a bit awkward..

But, that implies that everything from 9/11 onwards was planned by the uk/us....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, well that's conclusive evidence then. The prosecution rests its case, M'lud.

But seriously, for a start, no pregnancy was ever confirmed. Some papers said she was, some said she wasn't, some said she was pregnant but Dodi wasn't the father (and given Diana's track record, that is probably the most likely scenario of them all).

For another thing, I always figured that if I was going to go for an assassination, and knew I would only get one attempt at it, my method of choice wouldn't be the highly uncertain method of staging a car crash. What if she had survived.? What then..? And how would they persuade the driver to do something that would be more likely to kill him than the intended victim...?

"M'sieu Paul, we want you to take part in a mission which will almost certainly end in your death, but might be reasonably survivable for the intended victim.

"Mais oui, mon ami. I will do it gladly. I will 'it ze concrete post with such style.... such elan. It will be an, 'ow you say, 'onour..!!"

Call me Little Miss Stick-in-the-Mud if you will, but I reckon it was an accident.

The pregnancy thing may well be rubbish, but she had upset a lot of people before she died. She was treading on peoples toes, saying too much, doing things people didn't like and as with JFK before her thats always very dangerous.

Regarding the car crash, one interesting thing that people forget is that there was mysteriously around an hour or so's delay before the ambulance carrying Diana arrived at the hospital and it was never really explained what actually went on during that time to cause such a delay
  • Options
    Forum Member

BiB - isn't that the Conspiracy Theory, that she did survive (for a short while anyway)? I remember reading one theory that apparently she was awake and got out of the car, had some minor injuries and was fairly OK until that Dr driving in the other direction arrived. Then it all went downhill.

Just one of the many CT's I have read.