The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

1120121122123124126»

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    http://t.co/JSsJrA8u if this is right so they will work on their third album in Sweden? No ESC promotion?

That's the first we've heard of them recording songs in Sweden.

Apparently they arrive there around now or in an hour or so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Thanks for posting all the photos and vids from the marathon and the premiere everyone :)

Are they on their way directly to Sweden now, do we know? and what work is lined up for them there - I haven't heard anyone mention that they're doing any TV/radio appearances but that must be the best way to promote the song.

Re the commercial break thing on Eurovision - regarding the semis, I always thought there was a commercial break after the first half and then after all the songs had been sung, but I might be mistaken. Ireland has definitely done the best thing in choosing to go last.

Two commercial breaks in the semis Marc, usually after Song 6 and Song 12 or so (though BBC3 in the UK don't actually take the breaks of course),

The twins were very lucky with the draw as the semi looks ultra competitive.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC News Magazine have an interesting article about the science of running a marathon without any preparation, particularly looking at how J&E were able to manage it - and why we mortals shouldn't attempt that sort of thing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17456672
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Maybe they'll they'll do both...we all know how much stuff they can fit into a couple of days :cool::D

It looks like Waterline writer Nick Jarl is writing more stuff for them, so they may be going off to record at his studio. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they got some promo in there as well! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Waterline writer Nick Jarl is writing more stuff for them, so they may be going off to record at his studio. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they got some promo in there as well! :D

Interesting : I wonder if they're re-recording Waterline too? They normally do all their recording work in London, not Stockholm.
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree

About the colourful clothes, I kinda want them to wear white skinny jeans in Baku just for a change... :D okay maybe not just for a change, but I was watching the All the small things video and they're wearing white skinnies almost the whole time and damn, they look great on them :o Or maybe some dark shiny skinnies like in the Childline concert

Any news from Sweden?

Oooo the all black outfit does it for me in that video the black jeans, jumper and flat hair it makes me all unnecessary :o
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think he is writing some more songs for them :) he tweeted at the end of January:

Springcleaning the studio! Time for some new jepic songs!

Looking at his twitter he seems to love the twins :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just reading peoples tweets...it seems there has been a bit of mobbing at the airport in Sweden, apparently one girl has fainted, another hit her head, and Johns been knocked to the floor twice :(

After what happened at Estonia, why on earth did they not have proper security?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »
    Oooo the all black outfit does it for me in that video the black jeans, jumper and flat hair it makes me all unnecessary :o

Gotta agree with this as well :o
    Just reading peoples tweets...it seems there has been a bit of mobbing at the airport in Sweden, apparently one girl has fainted, another hit her head, and Johns been knocked to the floor twice :(

Awww too bad, from what I've read other times, the fans in Sweden are actually quite calm and don't mob them :( I don't know why this has happened this time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like what happened to them in Estonia at the ferryport in Tallinn in January as well. Perhaps too many fans turned up and they were a bit overwhelmed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »

Lol. Those black turtlenecks really suited them though. I wish they'd have worn them more often.
    BBC News Magazine have an interesting article about the science of running a marathon without any preparation, particularly looking at how J&E were able to manage it - and why we mortals shouldn't attempt that sort of thing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17456672

Interesting article. And nice to see that they've done their research and unearthed the twins' previous athletic experience.

Re. the marathon. I know people tweeted that they saw John at the finish around the 4 hour mark, but, thinking about it more, that doesn't mean he took four hours to run the course since most runners have to wait for a good bit after the official start for the entire crowd to file across the start line and get going. I'm hearing in various places around twitter that the time was closer to 3hrs 30. Does anyone know if the twins have told anyone their times themselves?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure nothing serious happened in Sweden.
    Small incidents tend to get greatly magnified @ Twitter.

It just takes one over-zealous (i.e. slightly hysterical) fan for "John tripped" to morph into "OMG!!! John almost murdered!!!" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure nothing serious happened in Sweden.
    Small incidents tend to get greatly magnified @ Twitter.

It just takes one over-zealous (i.e. slightly hysterical) fan for "John tripped" to morph into "OMG!!! John almost murdered!!!" :rolleyes:

I'm sure it wasn't serious.everyone came out of it ok, as far as I am aware..although John fall on a girl who banged her head quite badly ..I think it was just a case of too many people in too small an area ...all pushing to get to them..

Its just a shame so many turned up to meet them and couldn't get anywhere near :(
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57238432#post57238432
    This discussion has been closed.