Options

CONFIRMED:Viewers to DECIDE judge's categories!!

pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For the first time in X Factor history, viewers will vote via hashtag on Twitter to determine which of the judges is allocated each of the four categories – the Girls, Boys, Groups and Overs.
The four judges, Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw will then be informed of the public’s decision during filming of the six-chair challenge at the SSE Arena, Wembley.

Viewers can vote by tweeting the hashtag with the name of their chosen judge followed by the category they want to see them mentor, for example #SimonBoys #SimonGirls #SimonGroups #SimonOvers.

To celebrate this brand new event, the judges and categories have each been captured in emoji form with their very own specially created characters, which will appear across tweets during the vote.

With the auditions well underway and the judges’ eyes firmly fixed on their favourite acts, who will be rubbing their hands in glee once the public have had their say?

Find out more on how to get involved during the first episode on Saturday, 29th August.

http://www.itv.com/xfactor/news/which-x-factor-judge-gets-which-category-you-decide

Great change and idea imo.No more favouritism towards certain judges and hopefully some new changes!

Comments

• Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    well thats going to end in tears :D
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    In theory it's a good idea, I guess one concern would be an anti vote. Like people voting for Cheryl to get the overs just to be mean spirited. :blush:
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #CherylGroups is trending on Twitter!
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm voting #NickOvers #RitaBoys #CherylGroups #SimonGirls
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I actually had twitter I'd vote #NickOvers #CherylGroups #RitaGirls #SimonBoys
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #SimonGroups -> because of 1D and 5H.
    #CherylGirls -> because of Cher Lloyd and Rebecca Ferguson
    #RitaOvers
    #NickBoys -> because I like Nick more than Rita. :p
  • Options
    Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan R wrote: »
    #SimonGroups -> because of 1D and 5H.
    #CherylGirls -> because of Cher Lloyd and Rebecca Ferguson
    #RitaOvers
    #NickBoys -> because I like Nick more than Rita. :p

lol the overs are really strong this year
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #SimonGirls - Leona, Fleur, Alexandra (at the time) etc.
    #CherylGroups - because duh
    #NickBoys - would be great to see him with a young category and provide R1 knowledge
    #RitaOvers - last one left, and she could probably handle coaching and criticising older contestants after being on The Voice
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #NickBoys - would be great to see him with a young category and provide R1 knowledge
    #RitaOvers - last one left, and she could probably handle coaching and criticising older contestants after being on The Voice

Alexandra was in Cheryl's category actually :)

#CherylGroups
    #SimonBoys
    #RitaGirls
    #NickOvers - don't care for him being a judge, so he can have the worst category.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fleur was not a girl...:confused:

Anyways,

#CherylGroups...Please!!!!????
    #NickBoys...cuz he'll love it ..lol..jk
    #RitaGirls because I don't know...
    #SimonOvers because old man with young girls seem slightly creepy...I'm joking... I rather Rita have the girls...
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheryl: Groups - she was in one and it's about time she gets the chance to handle them
    Nick: Boys - think he'd interact with them better than any other category
    Rita: Overs - has experience of mentoring older acts from The Voice... and they're the only ones left
    Simon: Girls - he hasn't had them since the categories went from three to four and should be capable of mentoring them
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top trending for each at the moment are...

#CherylGroups
    #SimonOvers
    #NickBoys
    #RitaGirls
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl has got to get the groups
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    This is actually quite a good idea!
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl surely has to get the groups be interesting to see how that goes as obviously she hasnt wanted them in the past
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Least popular judge to be saddled with the girls category I expect. Probably the one they are all dreading.

The boys category is absolutely impossible to fail with. Most popular one will get them.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is time for Cheryl to get the groups or the overs.
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope the viewers get this right. Nick's expertise is in youth culture. There's no use in him getting the Overs.
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the other 3 categories yet but I am definitely voting Cheryl for the groups. She was in a group formed on a talent show, it's really a no-brainer.
  • Options
    Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Groups - Simon
    Girls - Rita
    Boys - Nick
    Overs - Cheryl
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #CherylOvers
    #SimonGroups
    #NickBoys
    #RitaGirls

About time Cheryl had the Overs or the Groups, but have a sinking feeling her more fickle fanbase on Twitter will vote to give her the Boys or Girls

Simon's experience speaks for itself so any category will be ok for him

Nick's down wiv the yoof attitude could work really well

Likewise with Rita's experience and sassiness
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Top trending for each at the moment are...

#CherylGroups
    #SimonOvers
    #NickBoys
    #RitaGirls

I don't think Simon would want the Overs for a second time in a row.

And if Rita gets the girls, you might as well remove the category altogether, cause they're not gonna get far with a female judge as we have seen for the last 3 years.
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen, Cheryl's fans are basically threatening her for not following them by sending loads of tweets with #CherylOvers haha :D
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    And if Rita gets the girls, you might as well remove the category altogether, cause they're not gonna get far with a female judge as we have seen for the last 3 years.

That's more down to the fact the girls have been either inconsistant (Lola), boring (Ella, Lauren, Abi, Steph) or unlikeable (Tamara). The others weren't cutting it either. Kelly had the Girls and, despite her being a horrendous mentor, Amelia got to third place (I know!), Misha was dragged to fourth and Janet, who topped the votes in the first five weeks, finished in 5th due to producer manipulation. Cheryl did great with them in 2008 and 2010 (1st/4th and 2nd/4th respectively). In short, the poor performance of the girls category over the past few years isn't down to the mentoring, it is mainly down to the girls chosen.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheryl said she wants the groups