News Of The World price rise

neswnesw Posts: 238
Forum Member
The price of the News Of The World increases by 5p to 95p from this Sunday, 8th June.

Comments

• Jack_OJack_O Posts: 991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pay more to read more bullshit.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People actually spend 95p of their hard earned money on glorified toilet paper? Insane.
  • CousteauCousteau Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People actually spend 95p of their hard earned money on glorified toilet paper? Insane.

wel, let's be fair. for the plebians that can't read and need the pretty pictures to see what's going on in the world, news of the world is top dollar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I have used News of the World as toilet paper in my broke student days and let me tell you, it is not to be repeated. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack_O wrote: »
    Actually I have used News of the World as toilet paper in my broke student days and let me tell you, it is not to be repeated. :(

It is, however, good for firelighting material. Now usually I wouldn't condone the burning of the written word in any form, but seeing as gutter press such as news of the world, the sun, the star, the sport etc., could hardly be considered literature, I'm willing to make exceptions. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only good thing about the News of the World was Captain Cash.

Typical letter:

"Captain Cash, please may I have £500 to pay for some bills?"

"No you can't you greedy bastard, I'm gonna come round to your house and give you a good kicking if you ask again"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is, however, good for firelighting material. Now usually I wouldn't condone the burning of the written word in any form, but seeing as gutter press such as news of the world, the sun, the star, the sport etc., could hardly be considered literature, I'm willing to make exceptions.

Just make sure you're living next door to someone who has a recycle bag full of these papers, they are very useful during a power cut when you need to light some torches to read proper newspapers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just make sure you're living next door to someone who has a recycle bag full of these papers, they are very useful during a power cut when you need to light some torches to read proper newspapers.

Indeed! And you're always nearby an idiot, so there's bound to be a plentiful supply. It's also good for heating up food. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed! And you're always nearby an idiot, so there's bound to be a plentiful supply. It's also good for heating up food.

95p to save lives, its worth it!
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOTW is downmarket, yet it provides a service

sometimes one wants to balance up more serious news with some cheap thrill reading :o

its easy to take a pop at the NOTW isnt it but its the best selling sunday rag
  • sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only good thing about the News of the World was Captain Cash.

Typical letter:

"Captain Cash, please may I have £500 to pay for some bills?"

"No you can't you greedy bastard, I'm gonna come round to your house and give you a good kicking if you ask again"

LOL, agreed. It was also good when people asked for money with some sob story and Captain Cash would do some investigating and find out the sob story to be complete fabrication.
  • WomanerrrrWomanerrrr Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    semiminted wrote: »
    NOTW is downmarket, yet it provides a service

sometimes one wants to balance up more serious news with some cheap thrill reading :o

its easy to take a pop at the NOTW isnt it but its the best selling sunday rag

Appeal to Popularity
  • holli1holli1 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    oh dear my paper normaly goes up by the same as NOTW a couple weeks later (the people)
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get used to it, the first in a series of price rises. With huge increases in the cost of fuel and newsprint the costs of newspapers and magazines willl rise it is inevitable.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus, what a bunch of bloody snobs on here. I read the NOTW as I really havent got the time to read The Telegraph etc. A quick 20 minute read is my limit. And at the moment they are providing £5 off at Tesco for over £30 spent, so I buy 2 or 3 a week. So who are the stupid ones now eh?:rolleyes: That means they are giving me £4.95 for each paper:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Jesus, what a bunch of bloody snobs on here. I read the NOTW as I really havent got the time to read The Telegraph etc. A quick 20 minute read is my limit. And at the moment they are providing £5 off at Tesco for over £30 spent, so I buy 2 or 3 a week. So who are the stupid ones now eh?:rolleyes: That means they are giving me £4.95 for each paper:)

no not snobs necessarily

its an easy target

anti-popularism its called

i made a comment a few replies ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Womanerrrr wrote: »

or anti-popularism
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »

£4.05 actually, if it cost you 95p
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NOTW is back to over 3,000,000 sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Does anyone still have last Sundays News of the World? Would they kindly scan in the Australian football results?

Thanks