Options

Poll: Do you think the 50th will include 10th Doctor or Meta-Crisis 10th Doctor?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    So does it mean that Ingrid Oliver's character is really Rose in disguise? A plan hatched by the Zygons, maybe?

Still doesn't totally explain why Billie wasn't at the read through before filming commenced. :confused:

Maybe she's not really interested after all. Would make sense as Rose is supposed to be locked in a Parrallel Universe, unable to get back to ours.

Billie was on holiday at the time. I think her husband posted holiday photos on twitter.
  • Options
    mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    David will be back for the 10th anniversary of the new show and probably the 60th of who in general. David will always come back if they ask him

It's extremely unlikely that there will be a 10th anniversary special celebration of new who.

For a start, it will be less than two years after the 50th. To have two anniversaries so close together would inevitably mean the 10th would lack impact.

And second, we're celebrating the 50th, which means the BBC views Doctor Who as one continuous show. What you refer to as the 10th anniversary will really be the 52nd...

Aside from all that, Tennant may be a huge fan of the show, but he's also a successful actor, he's not desperate. I can't see him returning again after this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    It's extremely unlikely that there will be a 10th anniversary special celebration of new who.

For a start, it will be less than two years after the 50th. To have two anniversaries so close together would inevitably mean the 10th would lack impact.

And second, we're celebrating the 50th, which means the BBC views Doctor Who as one continuous show. What you refer to as the 10th anniversary will really be the 52nd...

Aside from all that, Tennant may be a huge fan of the show, but he's also a successful actor, he's not desperate. I can't see him returning again after this year.

I can see him returning with the right story assuming that he isn't tied up with anything at the time. But I agree it won't be for while, maybe the 60th anniversary possibly the 70th would be more likely if he's still around then (not saying he won't but you never know, he may decide to pursue something else later in life and not return to acting just as an example).