Any indication of HD Mux on 5800?

albertdalbertd Posts: 14,358
Forum Member
✭✭
I know that the 5800 cannot do HD, so that is not my question. I am in a slightly below par signal area on Crystal Palace, and the HD Mux on Ch31 is lower power than the others so, as yet, I have not bothered trying. However, I was wondering if there was any way of using the 5800 to determine what the signal is like on the HD Mux, or will it be totally invisible regardless of the strength?

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,622
    Forum Member
    I am pretty sure that it is not possible. Some people have created a dummy channel in their MyStuff EPG and populate it with info for the BBC HD channel from the Radio Times website.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well, never mind, it was just an idea. I am not too bothered about HD anyway, but I just wondered.

Many thanks.
  • DavidStewardDavidSteward Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I live in the Pontop Pike area and manage to get Freeview HD on my Panasonic TV on channels 50, 51 and 52. The TF5800 just ignores these and jumps from channel 45 to 70.

Is this what you wanted to know?

David
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in the Pontop Pike area and manage to get Freeview HD on my Panasonic TV on channels 50, 51 and 52. The TF5800 just ignores these and jumps from channel 45 to 70.

Is this what you wanted to know?

David
    Not really. I did not imagine that the 50s would show up on the channel list, but I wondered if there was any way of checking just the signal strength of the transmitter for the HD Mux to give some idea of whether it was even worth thinking about getting an HD STB, or better to wait until DSO in 2012.
  • PTDPTD Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    Not really. I did not imagine that the 50s would show up on the channel list, but I wondered if there was any way of checking just the signal strength of the transmitter for the HD Mux to give some idea of whether it was even worth thinking about getting an HD STB, or better to wait until DSO in 2012.

Try the manual tune menu and enter the mux directly. I know some machines won't show a reading for signals not recognised, but others like my Sagem do, so might the Topfield.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PTD wrote: »
    Try the manual tune menu and enter the mux directly.
    That was a good idea. All signals appear with a strength value (even from the analogue transmitters) but only the SD digitals show any quality values (not surprising, of course). It looks as if I am receiving the HD Mux, but not at any great strength.