ANTM Cycle 8 - US Pace

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    jobbio wrote:
    I'm just reading the Cycle 9 "news" now.

It's so fake it's funny. How can they know so much about the next season when they don't even know who won this season??
    I laughed when Andrea was eliminated in Episode 1, only to be delighted with her makeover in Episode 2! :D

I'm considering re-writing it entirely, for comedic effect :p
    Forum Member
    (I also saw some speculation that Natasha was a Russian mail order bride, so if there is truth to that, I could see Tyra not wanting that image to be associated with her show's winner.)
    I seriously doubt that's true...I think people just made it up because she's so young and married to a 40 year old...and the fact that she's russian...

but I've seen a picture of her husband, and he's actually quite attractive...not someone that would need a mail-order bride, IMO :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea won didn't she? And Lara called Jay a "pretentious prat"!
    Forum Member
    Ansildrall wrote:
    Andrea won didn't she? And Lara called Jay a "pretentious prat"!
    haha, yeah I laughed at that.

No, 'King' won...:rolleyes:

I was so shocked at Melissa's departure! She did an AJ...:o

And Week 2: Makeovers..."Tyra says she has decided the girls should have their makeovers early because they're ready for it"

Makeovers are always Week 2. Well, mostly...Cycle 8 they were Week 3, but they're normally Week 2...:p

ETA: S'been deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh , and Katherine was another Diana! Tall and plus sized :D . I loved Hannah too , when she said that the other girls were fat and had bad skin!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to keep going on about it , but it's too funny!

It's not fair! Ruthanne the hillbilly should have won! Andrea didn't go on enough of a journey!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a warning to you all... This cycles winner has been added to the wikipedia page. As has the full order of elimination
    Forum Member
    gn1 wrote:
    Just a warning to you all... This cycles winner has been added to the wikipedia page. As has the full order of elimination
    thank you...

I'm sure it's a hoax, but I don't want to risk it being true...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I haven't actually looked, but I'm pretty sure the Wikipedia 'spoliers' are wrong; because the other week it said that the bottom 2 were going to be Dionne & Jael, with Dionne eliminated. That was the week that Sarah actually went, with neither Dionne or Jael in the bottom 2. I guess it's someones wishful thinking!

I remember it happening last cycle too, everyone was convinced that Melrose won because of the internet spoilers!
    Forum Member
    Kolakube wrote:
    I worry that Brittany is starting to fizzle out, she's losing her energy it seems. She certainly seemed the strongest at the start but has had more criticism recently. I still want her to win though.

I think Dionne will make the final because of her progression.

They are editing Brittany to make it look like she's struggling, but then she will 'triumph' over the odds and will be in the top 2 I bet. They did the same thing with CariDee at this point of the cycle last year.

Dionne will be the new Eugenia, a bit lacklustre and will do okay by default, but will be way out of her depth if she's in the top 3. I reckon Renee will take great pictures, but they will say she looks too old, Lisa Cycle 5 style and will be cut.

Think Natasha will have a big mess up somewhere along the way that will prevent her from winning. Tyra will say she hasn't got the right demeanour/personality to be the winner. And I doubt she'd risk a non American winner either!

As for Jaslene, she's a gonner. She's dying on her feet. Although her Covergirl ad was possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen, especially when Tyra took the mick out of her overenthusiastic waving :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That thing on Wikipedia is definetely a hoax! It says that Jaslene comes second!
    Forum Member
    Persephone wrote:
    They are editing Brittany to make it look like she's struggling, but then she will 'triumph' over the odds and will be in the top 2 I bet. They did the same thing with CariDee at this point of the cycle last year.

Dionne will be the new Eugenia, a bit lacklustre and will do okay by default, but will be way out of her depth if she's in the top 3. I reckon Renee will take great pictures, but they will say she looks too old, Lisa Cycle 5 style and will be cut.

Think Natasha will have a big mess up somewhere along the way that will prevent her from winning. Tyra will say she hasn't got the right demeanour/personality to be the winner. And I doubt she'd risk a non American winner either!
    Firstly, comparing Eugena to Dionne is nonsensical...Dionne has SO much more personality than Eugena. Sure, she hasn't the best portfolio, but it's still better than Eugena! And she's not being kept in every week despite lagging performances, like Eugena.

Secondly, Natasha's portfolio up to now is awful...I like her, but there are plenty of reasons why she shouldn't win. Her portfolio, her inability to make sense of anything etc. For me, she's not the one that jumps out to me as top model.

Thirdly, Lisa is not comparable with Renee! Lisa rocked, and was eliminated for having too much of a personality, not looking too old. This is hardly something Renee can be accused of. But if Renee were eliminated for looking old, oh I'd be maaaad...it annoys me when it happens, because they haven't begun to look OLDER as the competition went on! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking back on it now I think Brittany will win. Although reading the pages on Cycle 8 on Wikipedia are quite confusing and throw you off the scent! (These are real :D They mention the content of the episode but not the names!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Jonny. Dionne is a MUCH better model than Eugena and has double the personality. Comparing them just because of their skin colour is stupid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you...

I'm sure it's a hoax, but I don't want to risk it being true...:D

Snap!

I made the mistake, last year, of clicking on a website that had the winner on season 7 on it :mad:

I will not be making that mistake again :D

Loving season 8 though so far...except for Tyra's hair :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jaslene just might scrape it next week. Out of all the girls , Jaslene and Brittany have the overall best portfolios. If Jaslene wins the go-see challenge (as they judge the portfolios too) then the judges just might put her through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ansildrall wrote:
    I think Jaslene just might scrape it next week. Out of all the girls , Jaslene and Brittany have the overall best portfolios. If Jaslene wins the go-see challenge (as they judge the portfolios too) then the judges just might put her through.

I hear what you're saying, but do you really think Jaslene has what it takes to be a top model?

Granted, she can look very good in photo's, but in person, she's a bit of a mess (IMO, of course).

I do like her, though, she's fun to watch..but I don't think she's a 'top model'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No , I don't see Jaslene as a Top Model , but she takes great pics! Opposite for Renee in my opinion. It could go either way in the next elimination :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renee looks like an older Sienna Miller!

I think Nigel is right when he says that Renee photographs quite old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I reckon Renee will go next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just say, great to see Erika in this weeks episode! And she had a lot to say, it seemed like Tyra really valued her opinion, or it was edited that way at least! :D
    Forum Member
    Firstly, comparing Eugena to Dionne is nonsensical...Dionne has SO much more personality than Eugena. Sure, she hasn't the best portfolio, but it's still better than Eugena! And she's not being kept in every week despite lagging performances, like Eugena.

I'm not saying she's AS bad as Eugenia was, but my point was that neither of them are going to set the world on fire with their modelling abilities. Dionne has had lacklustre pictures and stayed in, just like Eugenia. I agree that Dionne has a lot more personality, that was never disputed! I like her interview parts a lot actually.
    I agree with Jonny. Dionne is a MUCH better model than Eugena and has double the personality. Comparing them just because of their skin colour is stupid.

Oh, here we go. People on these forums are so quick to bring up a racism issue. I did not compare Dionne & Eugenia because of skin colour, if I did, why didn't mention Koryn or Danielle or Eva etc? Because I personally am reminded of Eugenia's performances when it comes to Dionne, no one else white or black reminds me of her. It's just my opinion, not the start of some kind of race war. At the end of the day, how do you know that I'm not black?
    Thirdly, Lisa is not comparable with Renee! Lisa rocked, and was eliminated for having too much of a personality, not looking too old. This is hardly something Renee can be accused of. But if Renee were eliminated for looking old, oh I'd be maaaad...it annoys me when it happens, because they haven't begun to look OLDER as the competition went on! :D

I can totally see a Lisa happening with Renee, I've gotta tell ya. I always thought Lisa going was a bit of a conspiracy from Tyra, she didn't want Lisa to win but couldn't fault her on photos so made up a lame excuse. I remember Tyra saying that she didn't have the right demeanour to be a Top Model, and I do remember the age issue being mentioned on several occassions.. I agree with you that Renee shouldn't be eliminated on this basis, but knowing Tyra, it could happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Persephone wrote:
    I'm not saying she's AS bad as Eugenia was, but my point was that neither of them are going to set the world on fire with their modelling abilities.

Ummm you are WAY in the wrong, since Eugena's got undoubtly the most credible work out of all the models in C7. She's walked in 11 shows for LA Fashion Week, has several ad campaigns with Southpole, some of which have appeared in Teen Vogue and Seventeen. One of her ads is apparantly on Times Square as well. Frankly in this short time she's blown all of the other b*tches out of the water.

So BASICALLY your point about Eugena is invalid if we consider post-show work. We don't know if Dionne will get the same level of success, but they can't really be compared in that respect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Persephone wrote:
    Oh, here we go. People on these forums are so quick to bring up a racism issue. I did not compare Dionne & Eugenia because of skin colour, if I did, why didn't mention Koryn or Danielle or Eva etc? Because I personally am reminded of Eugenia's performances when it comes to Dionne, no one else white or black reminds me of her. It's just my opinion, not the start of some kind of race war. At the end of the day, how do you know that I'm not black?

Your skin colour is not the issue.

And I wasn't even calling it racism, if I had thought it was racism I would have reported you!

I am just saying, I find it funny how of the 100+ models we have had in ANTM now, the only one you can think to compare her to is another black model. Personally she reminds me a lot of Alysse(sp?) from cycle one.

So before you get on your "i'm not racist" trip. Read what other people are saying, because if I did[/] think you were being racist, I would have had A LOT more to say!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Will Tyra please get rid of Renee! She makes me sick! Tyra really knows how to wind me up sometimes :rolleyes: :mad: :D