Options

GTA V Midnight Launches and Supermarket Deals

13»

Comments

• Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just bought a 500GB playstation + GTA V bundle on Amazon for £200.

I haven't bought a console in 10 years so I've no idea if that's a good deal, but separately they come to a lot more in Argos.
  • Options
    JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went into my local Asda at 1:15pm and they appeared to have plenty of copies on both platforms, I bought the PS3 version for £39.97
  • Options
    Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Just bought a 500GB playstation + GTA V bundle on Amazon for £200.

I haven't bought a console in 10 years so I've no idea if that's a good deal, but separately they come to a lot more in Argos.

That's probably with the Last of Us as well?

If so, that is a great deal.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titan9 wrote: »
    That's probably with the Last of Us as well?

If so, that is a great deal.

Nah, think it's just the console and GTA. From the sounds of it Amazon are having delivery issues though...
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Xbox and PS3 copies sold out at Tesco Extra Brent X...did manage to get the last copy though!
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asda at Ventura Park, Tamworth still have stock at £39.97. (Handy for anyone on the M42/A5 this evening)

I'm surprised it was available. Even at 4pm there was quite a queue for it. I even got stopped in the car park on the way out and asked if it was still available.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for that 25 quid with shopping deal that was promised by a poster :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    So much for that 25 quid with shopping deal that was promised by a poster :p

That was me! :D

I did post it a month in advance, after being told that was the plan, but the Sainsburys boss clearly thought "F- it, I'm a COD fan. Let's only do this for COD".

Barsteward! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For York people:

Just done a bit of shopping and the huge ASDA at Monks Cross York still has copies. About 50 for Xbox and 100 for PS3.

Woman at the till says they've been refilling that rack - which looks like it holds about 400 of each - all day.

Would love to know how many this sold today. Must be a record, by a long way.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was me! :D

I did post it a month in advance, after being told that was the plan, but the Sainsburys boss clearly thought "F- it, I'm a COD fan. Let's only do this for COD".

Barsteward! :D

To be fair people are gonna buy it anyway so why go to the hassle of putting on a deal.
  • Options
    stej86stej86 Posts: 921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For York people:

Just done a bit of shopping and the huge ASDA at Monks Cross York still has copies. About 50 for Xbox and 100 for PS3.

Woman at the till says they've been refilling that rack - which looks like it holds about 400 of each - all day.

Would love to know how many this sold today. Must be a record, by a long way.

I can confirm that in a conference call this evening it was mentioned that GTA 5 sales in our store are the biggest ever, and it is expected that it will become the most sold entertainment product of all time!

Apparently the figures are absolutely astounding. We are talking a figure of nearly 1 in every 13 people in the UK bought GTA 5 today alone.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granger Games selling it fot £47 ... wow