I've come to the conclusion I'm pretty awful at gaming

2»

Comments

• cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is people online either play it ad-nauseum so are really good at it, or they cheat. Back in the olden days a game of Doom 2 or Duke 3D was pretty fair, but these days you seem to get spanked far too easily.

OP you should try a game like World of Warcraft where you fight with other players. Makes it a lot nicer.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I used to think I was the mutts nuts at games when I was younger (before online). I could beat any of my friends and family no bother. I was literally invincible with a games controller in my paws.

Then along came the wrld of online gaming and I was swiftly brought down to earth. It doesn't matter how good you are at a game, there's a million other people who will be better than you.

So true.

I thought I was pretty good beating Left 4 Dead on expert when it first came out. Looked on youtube only to see some guy playing through on his own without team mates or the bots. :o

I just have fun playing games that's the main thing. It's just entertainment not an Olympic event.
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in the same boat as the OP and a few others in this thread. Way I see it, I switch the PS3 on every now and then in between work and general family things, it kills a couple of hours a week, and I'd rather be that and shit at games than on it for hours every day to be one of the better players. I have a life, a very small part of that life is playing games, and I like it like that.

SHIT PLAYERS UNITE, WE HAVE OUR PLACE IN THIS WORLD :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Function wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as the OP and a few others in this thread. Way I see it, I switch the PS3 on every now and then in between work and general family things, it kills a couple of hours a week, and I'd rather be that and shit at games than on it for hours every day to be one of the better players. I have a life, a very small part of that life is playing games, and I like it like that.

SHIT PLAYERS UNITE, WE HAVE OUR PLACE IN THIS WORLD :)

Yeah let's piss the good players off by messing up their game lol
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    Matching making in COD never worked, espcially if you were in a large team. Well I've never found it too.

The problem I found with CoD is people group up and then enter public games so you have a fully miked up team of friends versus a group of random people with limited communication, no amount of match making can balance that out.

Statistics also make online gaming a lot more serious these days, gone are the days of changing sides to balance the teams, if I am on a the winning team I would rather increase my K/D and W/L ratios than balance up the teams by switching sides. Playing TFC back in the day I would happily throw myself at the enemy life after life to hold back their progression, but nowadays after a few deaths I will start to play a lot more conservatively hoping to at least finish the game with even stats. Statistics are not good for the OCD gamer :o
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah let's piss the good players off by messing up their game lol

:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, top posts lads. Made me feel a whole lot better about my shortcomings :D
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only the online versions of games weren't full of ******* who take it all so bloody seriously, then more of us would play! Having said that, I put my tag on the Bioware ME3 bronze level forums looking for people to play online with and met a really nice crowd. It was also a way to make sure we were all at the same level. But as the others have said, just play because you enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I am not great but I have managed to get top 2000 or so in Killzone 3 through practice
  • adamc01adamc01 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    What helped me on cod is combat training play with people your level, and its all down to what gun you pick to.
  • GamerGirlGamerGirl Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to run n gun with everybody else, but now I settle for being the support part of a team like Medic or Engineer.
    It is nice to feel like a necessary part of a team even if they're complete strangers you've only just met that evening. If the dynamic works then we all stick together on each map change... as much as team-balancing allows :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    mojobrew wrote: »
    I just can't understand why games like COD don't make a proper effort to put similar-skilled players together. Must put so many people off, when any time they attempt to journey online that get killed literally every 10 seconds.

Because it gives us that have been playing a while a chance at the Christmas noobs ... that is my only time of year that I feel I can play a FPS competitively. Of course this 'Golden time' only lasts so long before they get good then it's back to square one again :D