Abi Alton - Counting Stars (OneRepublic cover)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first line sums you up then basically. Why are you in this thread if you're not going to comment on what you hear? Logic. :confused:

I could tell you the truth, but you can't handle the truth! :D
    She seems to be a proficient musician but a weak singer.
    I find her vocal tone quite grating even when she is in tune with her instrument. Her tendency to re-arrange every number into an angst ridden versions is depressing and she does not have the ability to perform them with comparable ability to similar accomplished artistes. I would suggest that Abi may have a future as a songwriter/composer rather than a performer.
    I see/hear nothing that makes her standout as a performer. She may be different from other xfactor contestants but she is not individual in the real market and not as good as others of similar style.
    I do not wish her to fail as she does seem determined and is willing to keep working at it. I wish her every success in her future career, whatever line that may take!
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think she arranges them badly, i think she puts her own spin on things.

lovely singer.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iofiel wrote: »
    I dont think she arranges them badly, i think she puts her own spin on things.

lovely singer.

But that "spin" is to turn every song, no matter how jolly or up-beat, into a funereal hymn of adolescent yearning.
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I don't see the problem since there's no other activity going on in here anyway, if you don't want to listen then don't enter the thread, it can't be that difficult to ignore. She's doing weekly covers so you'd better get used to it.

There's an appreciation thread for a reason...
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    comment wrote: »
    There's an appreciation thread for a reason...
    Maybe I want to see people's opinions of it? Not that the majority won't be biased of course :D But it is nice to see the few that aren't and can be honest about it. People barely even enter appreciation threads especially if they're not fans of her at this moment in time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I want to see people's opinions of it? Not that the majority won't be biased of course :D But it is nice to see the few that aren't and can be honest about it. People barely even enter appreciation threads especially if they're not fans of her at this moment in time.

I doubt anybody will become an Alton fan. We all get older and her appeal is age specific - though, in theory, there could be a few infants on the forum who could grow into Abi.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt anybody will become an Alton fan. We all get older and her appeal is age specific - though, in theory, there could be a few infants on the forum who could grow into Abi.
    Why not? She was pretty different on the show at times tbf, she knew herself that some of her performances weren't always the best. Just for example; I couldn't stand Diana Vickers on the show but since she released her own music I really like her. Opinions can definitely change...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I'd consider myself a fan of Abis, so thats crushed whatever argument you thought you had going, there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'd consider myself a fan of Abis, so thats crushed whatever argument you thought you had going, there.

You were an Alton fan during the show. The suggestion was that others,on the forum, who are currently not fans, might become fans. This is unlikely as everybody on the forum has heard her and we are getting older and adults don't like her music. Do try to keep up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You were an Alton fan during the show. The suggestion was that others,on the forum, who are currently not fans, might become fans. This is unlikely as everybody on the forum has heard her and we are getting older and adults don't like her music. Do try to keep up.

No. You specifically put "I doubt anybobody will become an Alton fan"

Nice try backtracking there but it did not work.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are you being so rude? If you don't like Abi and know that you won't ever then why would you enter the thread to continually slate her and her fans? It's called trolling really, and coming from somebody who is supposedly middle aged, you would think you'd a) know better and b) have better things to do!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. You specifically put "I doubt anybobody will become an Alton fan"

Nice try backtracking there but it did not work.

I'm not backtracking - I'm endeavouring to explain veiled insult without making it too obvious and ruining your fun. Perhaps you should just take it as read that I'm being mean and not actually wonder too much at the semantics?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you being so rude? If you don't like Abi and know that you won't ever then why would you enter the thread to continually slate her and her fans? It's called trolling really, and coming from somebody who is supposedly middle aged, you would think you'd a) know better and b) have better things to do!

b) clearly, I don't.