Masterchef The Professionals - New Top Chef

andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
Forum Member
"Breaking news: It's official, chef @Marcuswareing is the new face of MasterChef the Professionals, joining @MGaletti01 and Gregg Wallace."

Love Marcus and looking forward to watching it again.

Shame though Galetti & Wallace are still on it, the producers should have taken the opportunity for a total revamp of presenters.

Comments

• latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feared it would be him, I cannot stand him or his hairy arms.

It won't bother BBC at all but I'll not be watching this one anymore.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be nice to have a change from MRJ. Although I don't normly like him when I see him on TV. I like Monica but they should ditch Gregg.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised Monica is still doing it, I thought her boss might not approve. As for Gregg, he's there as a critic, I wish everyone would just accept that.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Marcus, but I accept that he is very "marmite"
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I would have liked to see Tom Kerridge as I think he has a nice encouraging demeanour, but perhaps he is too young, not well enough known?

I can understand people being put off by Marcus Wareing, I used not be a fan, but I saw him on some cookery show last year, and I felt his attitude was a bit better, the moer I think about it he could be a very good replacement.

I will miss MRJ though, he really made the show, glad Monica is sticking around.
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    I would have liked to see Tom Kerridge as I think he has a nice encouraging demeanour, but perhaps he is too young, not well enough known?

I can understand people being put off by Marcus Wareing, I used not be a fan, but I saw him on some cookery show last year, and I felt his attitude was a bit better, the moer I think about it he could be a very good replacement.

I will miss MRJ though, he really made the show, glad Monica is sticking around.

He's only 4 years younger than Wareing! He may not be well known enough, although having just eaten at his restaurant after a 1 year wait i'd say he's pretty well known.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised Monica is still doing it, I thought her boss might not approve. As for Gregg, he's there as a critic, I wish everyone would just accept that.

There are other people who could do that job though.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Marcus - liked him when he put Shrek in his place last year (when Shrek was talking utter nonsense), I also liked him with Johnny Mountain on GBM..

I think he will be fine .... and makes a custard tart to die for
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Noooo - he's "The Diner" whatever that means!
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    I would have liked to see Tom Kerridge as I think he has a nice encouraging demeanour, but perhaps he is too young, not well enough known

I'd guess his seafood allergy counts him out for a long competition - it's only a week on GBM and they can bring in a substitute. That would be difficult over the several weeks of MChef.

Twinkly and nice as MRJ is, I'm glad to have a change from the constant 'The Fench invented food'. I've seen Wareing be nasty and I've seen him be nice so I'm looking forward to seeing which one he brings out - or perhaps which one the director suggests he brings out. Delighted that Monica is staying on!
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    There are other people who could do that job though.

Well yes there is, but most of the criticism Gregg seems to get is because he's not a chef.
    Forum Member
    Noooo - he's "The Diner" whatever that means!

Diner, food critic, it's much the same thing.
  • Ariel_KAriel_K Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I'm pleased. Felt certain he was doing an audition of sorts after his appearances in the last series of Masterchef, and GBM, as he seemed very toned down, more positive and smiley.

Sorry about MRJ, though, I did like him.
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness Monica is staying!
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have loved to see Angela Hartnett.

I don't mind Marcus though. But in all honesty I only watch to see the faces Monica pulls. They're top telly.
  • DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Happy with Marcus, Gregg needs to take a step back and be in a supporting role
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Awful choice of a rude, ignorant man. I shall not be watching.

How is Monica going to say "cooking for my boss" now?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

She appears to happy with him on the programme and knows them both better than any of us here.
    "Marcus is an incredibly talented chef and I can think of no better person to follow in Michel’s footsteps. I’m really looking forward to filming with him." Monica Galetti
    Forum Member

He's got better lately.

He is also one of the finest chefs this country has ever produced so a great choice and a bit of a coup to get him.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member

Unless you have evidence and can justify describing Marcus with those words, then your post is just "ignorant".
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Unless you have evidence and can justify describing Marcus with those words, then your post is just "ignorant".

I've seen him enough times on TV to come to my conclusion.
    I know people who've dined with him, who say similar.

He might be a god in some eyes, but not mine.

I shall not be watching.
    Forum Member

To be fair, anyone who has seen him over the last few years on tv would agree he is at least pretty rude. He doesn't come over very well at all, but he seemed a bit nicer last series.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather it wasn't Marcus but I'll still be tuning in.
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather it wasn't Marcus but I'll still be tuning in.

Same here, he doesn't have the charm or sensitivity of Michel Roux but I'll still be watching.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all have evidence of Marcus being rude .. we haven't much evidence of him being anything else though as some rightly thought .. he toned it down on his last appearance on Masterchef .. they were also correct in guessing the reason why.
    He's not a patch on Michel .. never mind .. things move on I guess.