GrolsGrols Posts: 297,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Did anyone watch this total crap? I can't believe how bad it was. :confused::o

Comments

• Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit Green Wing with the speedy up bits and a bit sitcom.

Bit being the operative word. Very feeble.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Wow...I thought it was EXCELLENT! Very fast paced and good quality one liners. Yes I had the thought re. the similarity of the Green Wing too. Defo my kind of offbeat/wacky humour and I was surprised that it was so good. Not seen anything on that standard on TV for a while now in comedy. Great cast too!
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think we'll see this being shown at 10.40 soon,,,then the second series (if there is one_
    will be on ITV2. Let's just hope they haven't made a JOB LOT.....
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've recorded as I thought the very short preview didn't seem bad. But as it often happens, that could be the only watchable part of it.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though it was a load of rubbish too.

I used to like Paddy McGuiness before he became famous on the coat tails of Peter Kaye; now he's just an annoyingly loud bighead.
  • popamberpopamber Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I though it was a load of rubbish too.

I used to like Paddy McGuiness before he became famous on the coat tails of Peter Kaye; now he's just an annoyingly loud bighead.

I had this on in the background and it was awful to listen to, were the visuals any better?

I remember the blonde fella from Drop the Dead Donkey but he's struggling here, as for Paddy M, never been sure........................he's no Peter Kaye that's for sure.

Won't bother next week
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched it and the only thing i could notice is how beautiful Aisling Bea is, WOW
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed it.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recorded it (dunno why as the trailers didn't look amazing) , looks like I'll delete it!
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I recorded it (dunno why as the trailers didn't look amazing) , looks like I'll delete it!
    Well at least give it a try, i.e. 5 - 10 minutes. It depends what you find funny - since I love wacky/oddball humour it was a real treat! If you liked Green Wing you should like it.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I liked it. Great cast.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it and put it on series link. The only weak link was paddy mcguiness who was not needed at all.
  • Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Quality cast in a pathetic show, another dire itv offerring and who commissions this codswallop !
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it made me laugh a lot! (and cough as I'm recovering from a cold :-( )

I've never seen Green Wing but the fast-paced and sarcastic script reminded me a bit of Frasier and Will & Grace. The black nurse and consultant especially were hilarious.

I think this could become a real hit of a show.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched it and the only thing i could notice is how beautiful Aisling Bea is, WOW

I know, that's the key reason I'll be watching it.
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was surprisingly good, two good shows, one after the other (Newszoids) on itv blimey.
    Forum Member
    I thought it was surprisingly good, two good shows, one after the other (Newszoids) on itv blimey.
    Yes my thoughts exactly....should have been Saturday night viewing.
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »
    Well at least give it a try, i.e. 5 - 10 minutes. It depends what you find funny - since I love wacky/oddball humour it was a real treat! If you liked Green Wing you should like it.

Nope..........green wing was edgy,wacky and very very funny, delivery man was just bloody atrocious.
    Forum Member
    lorry wrote: »
    Well it made me laugh a lot! (and cough as I'm recovering from a cold :-( )

I've never seen Green Wing but the fast-paced and sarcastic script reminded me a bit of Frasier and Will & Grace. The black nurse and consultant especially were hilarious.

I think this could become a real hit of a show.

You would get better odds at the bookies for that plaid cymru lady leanne wood winning a majority government in the next election , delivery man is a stinker whose audience will confine it to the sitcom bin in a short period of time where it will reside with me and mrs jones.
    Forum Member
    Mr Stokes wrote: »
    Nope..........green wing was edgy,wacky and very very funny, delivery man was just bloody atrocious.
    I disagree. Delivery man WAS wacky! The humour was quite off the wall...maybe not as surreal as Green Wing but defo in that style. Others here have also remarked on the similarity to Green Wing.
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did not raise a smile, never mind a laugh, load of sh°te
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched it for this reason only. She is gorgeous.
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful, utterly dire.
  • WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey. Marmite programme alert.
    Forum Member
    I am wondering if those that disliked it approached it with an open mind. Sometimes - like, if you are not in a good mood - then you are not really conducive to finding things funny.