Options

More than one ipod in the family ! - help please!

I got my daughter an Ipod nano last christmas and eventually figured it out and set it up on my pc and sorted her out with it.
I then decided how good it was and bought one of my own ( an 80gig video one!)
I connected it to my pc and it automaticaly stuck on all my daughters stuff as that was in my music folder so then as i had the space I just added mine.
I am wanting to know now about how I go on for putting my daughters one back on as hers will not fit or will she want all my music.
Do I have to have 2 music folders?
Basically I need to know how I can use 2 seperate Ipods on one PC?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apple have a very good help section.

google is also useful.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300432
  • Options
    spikejspikej Posts: 3,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be tempted to set up two big playlists, one with all your daughters music and one with yours in and then set each iPod to only sync from that playlist...
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Set yourselves up as two different users on the pc, then your 'My Music' directories and the iTunes and it's libraries will be completely seperate. You can copy or just move the music in groups or individually over to the new user.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    thank you all :D
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Set yourselves up as two different users on the pc, then your 'My Music' directories and the iTunes and it's libraries will be completely seperate. You can copy or just move the music in groups or individually over to the new user.

Thats what I have done with iTunes on my PC - I've setup a diffrent XP account (one for my usual iPod and then one for the wifes one.

Then just login and treat iTunes as a seperate account (make sure that you don't search for all the music on the PC though, as it will add the other accounts songs).