GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like the new family at all maybe I will warm to them though as they settle in
  • fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Didn't like the new family at all maybe I will warm to them though as they settle in

I think it will take a while for a new family to settle in. Give them a couple of episodes. This show is all about familiarity.
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fanstar77 wrote: »
    Yes I understand that however if people comment on the progs within Gogglebox this thread could get rather messy.

Erm it's a program about people watching other program's of coarse they will comment on them:confused:
    I don't watch X factor and would not have seen the clip if it was not on gogglebox, so why would anyone go on the x factor thread to comment on what they saw in tonight's show?
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I understand that however if people comment on the progs within Gogglebox this thread could get rather messy.

How could it get messy? I don't watch X Factor stopped watching it since the farce back in 2010, I was only commenting on what the "reviewers" had said hence why I said the "gin and tonic" comment
  • fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    How could it get messy? I don't watch X Factor stopped watching it since the farce back in 2010, I was only commenting on what the "reviewers" had said hence why I said the "gin and tonic" comment

This thread is getting messy now, Hence my comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No its not I have been watching Gogglebox since it started I know what I want to say and be able to say it - so you going to tell others off next for commenting on other programmes featured in this really? :confused:

Oh look BBC News was featured about the Referendum, I guess you can't speak about BBC News as I have to say it in another thread - see how stupid it actually comes across?

What would you like us to comment on then since programming featured seems a no (do tell us)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

May I suggest that you read the thread from the beginning, it may shock you but from the very start of the thread us posters have commented on the program's watched.
    I note you didn't comment on any other comments tonight,ie Gordon Ramseys show, downtown abbey, Mrs Doubtfire etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tylersnan wrote: »
    May I suggest that you read the thread from the beginning, it may shock you but from the very start of the thread us posters have commented on the program's watched.
    I note you didn't comment on any other comments tonight,ie Gordon Ramseys show, downtown abbey, Mrs Doubtfire etc

I'll also add Gordon Brown was mentioned and so was ITV and the man with many wives as well - so someone please tell me why all of a sudden I feel like I am being told what I say is wrong suddenly?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I'll also add Gordon Brown was mentioned and so was ITV and the man with many wives as well - so someone please tell me why all of a sudden I feel like I am being told what I say is wrong suddenly?!

I can only assume that fan star is new to gogglebox and doesn't understand the premise of the show or he's a personal friend of the female shown on X factor :o
    Personally speaking I have caught up on shows because of gogglebox showing clips. I've also avoided some.
    You are entitled to your opinion whatever it is and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only assume that fan star is new to gogglebox and doesn't understand the premise of the show or he's a personal friend of the female shown on X factor :o
    Personally speaking I have caught up on shows because of gogglebox showing clips. I've also avoided some.
    You are entitled to your opinion whatever it is and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

Just find it strange - I have commented on this thread (not all the time I admit that), but to be told that I can't air a difference in opinion (be that of X Factor is a bit over the top), I may comment on the reviewers and their reactions to the programmes but your not allowed to say anything about a programme they spoke about :confused: (not at you tylersnan)

I have to admit I was surprised in this weeks Gogglebox it had 2 about the Scottish Referendum and the X factor (next week I can see both being featured Strictly and XF), was it my imagination but was there one family missing is that due to the guy appearing in Celeb Big Brother recently (can't remember his name nor family for that matter!)
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah george gilbey was offered celeb big brother but was informed that he and his family could no longer appear on gogglebox. They decided that celeb big brother could lead to big things for george so he went for it. Unfortunately it didn't prove to be the case as he finished outside the top 3 and didn't even get a management deal after.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George winding up his (not so clever) mum was a highlight for me!
    They have been missed tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah george gilbey was offered celeb big brother but was informed that he and his family could no longer appear on gogglebox. They decided that celeb big brother could lead to big things for george so he went for it. Unfortunately it didn't prove to be the case as he finished outside the top 3 and didn't even get a management deal after.

Thanks for that info bitchboyblue .... I did wonder where they were tonight .... oh well :o (I still wouldn't even class him as a "celeb" thats for sure!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George winding up his (not so clever) mum was a highlight for me!
    They have been missed tonight.

Totally agree and his sleeping dad :D
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Well none of them are earning bundles out of Gogglebox itself.
    The occasional national news paper interview might be worth more than expenses.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

Your comments about it being messy are making it messy!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Vicar and husband should go, but their dog should stay.
    The woman who dresses up as a vicar 24/7 tries desperately to be interesting and fails miserably.
    haha cheryl really did hate her :D
    Doubt it. It's all theatre.
    Andagha wrote: »
    Mute guy has had a hair cut, where's all his hair gone? It makes him even more creepy though...lol
    OMG! Where has silent boy's hair gone? :eek:
    More to the point how did he manage to give the Barber instructions.
    Mrs. Doubtfire is a terrible film. As are most Robin Williams films.

I liked him though. Huge tragedy what happened.
    However, we viewers will not miss him. We can still look at his films.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I thought the same too, he really is a twit isn't he..

He's a really vile human being and I wish they weren't on the show any more
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you listen to Mr. lefty....Give me a cracker June, the man who wants to let every immigrant from everywhere in the world into our nation, he doesn't care if they are extremist, let em in.
    The stupid old Scouser is a danger to our democracy.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    If you listen to Mr. lefty....Give me a cracker June, the man who wants to let every immigrant from everywhere in the world into our nation, he doesn't care if they are extremist, let em in.
    The stupid old Scouser is a danger to our democracy.

I'd love it if the Tories won the General Election and it was featured on Gogglebox. Can you imagine his reaction? :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member

:o What in the earth did they think it was going to lead to :confused: My God, they are up themselves if they thought he was going to makes his millions from CBB :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    :D:D:D i watched him on plus One,,,he loves his Jammy Dodgers :D:D

Seems he had been told to hide his lower regions this series. We only saw his tail :kitty:
  • 1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think that Sandy (the one on the left) has got the stardom bug?

She seems pretty made up just to be watching TV and I think she is very self aware now which won't be too good for the show if she continues.

Sad to see that the Clacton family have been dropped - the mum was hilarious. (Bet she's a bit peeved at George for going on CBB.)

Sad to see that the mouthy leftie vicar is still on - would love to hear her chat to her mother this weekend.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well he did get £100k for appearing on Celeb BB according to his Mum..so it wasn't all bad. ;-)

Given the rumoured £15 a day fee for Gogglebox (which might even be per family as opposed to per person)...he'd have to do another 80 series of Gogglebox to make the same amount.:D

Seems a bit of a cutting off your nose to spite your face situation wth C4/Gogglebox to be honest. They were a popular family...and his raised profile would have been have been an additional marketing tool for the show to exploit.
  • 1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    Seems a bit of a cutting off your nose to spite your face situation wth C4/Gogglebox to be honest. They were a popular family...and his raised profile would have been have been an additional marketing tool for the show to exploit.

I think C4 did the right thing,

The danger with this show is if the families start playing up to the cameras and their comments have been thought out beforehand for effect rather than natural.

I thought BB went downhill after about series 4/5 for this reason so stopped watching.
This discussion has been closed.