Options

Lulu

Comments

• Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    It's funny whenever I hear a Scottish person mention her they all seem to hate her!

She is the Scottish cilla black a tuneless raspy voiced bad karaoke singer, a faux Glaswegian who hates her city of birth, she has many names, Glasgow bike being one of them.😜
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulu is set to embark on her first solo tour in over ten years throughout May 2015, and will be releasing a new album.

I hope she finally finds a sound she likes :)

Is mute a sound? 😭
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is the Scottish cilla black a tuneless raspy voiced bad karaoke singer, a faux Glaswegian who hates her city of birth, she has many names, Glasgow bike being one of them.��

Scottish Cilla Black is the best description I've heard of Lulu !!!
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is the Scottish cilla black a tuneless raspy voiced bad karaoke singer, a faux Glaswegian who hates her city of birth, she has many names, Glasgow bike being one of them.😜

This is strange about Lulu hating Glasgow. I remember reading the Daily Telegraph's holiday section last summer and came across an article about Lulu's comments on her hometown in Scotland, nothing negative there, only praise from her.

Here's the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/scotland/glasgow/10977031/Lulus-Glasgow-My-Kind-of-Town.html

Although Lulu mentions that Frank Sintara once got pelted with rotten fruit & eggs when he sang onstage by the ever-so-good Glaswegian folks, I thought: Wow, looks like Lulu's quite lucky so far then! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newsflash!

Lulu's going to appear on BBC 1's The Great Comic Relief Bake Off next Wednesday!

She will team up with fellow celebs Joanna Lumley, Jennifer Saunders & Dame Enda Everage.

What's the bet if Lulu flirts towards Paul Hollywood, fluttering her eyelashes at him? Or will her baking skills fall short of Paul's exceptions?

Can't wait to see this!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Newsflash!

Lulu's going to appear on BBC 1's The Great Comic Relief Bake Off next Wednesday!

She will team up with fellow celebs Joanna Lumley, Jennifer Saunders & Dame Enda Everage.

What's the bet if Lulu flirts towards Paul Hollywood, fluttering her eyelashes at him? Or will her baking skills fall short of Paul's exceptions?

Can't wait to see this!
    What's she gonna make?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll..................nut cookies? ^_^
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scottish Cilla Black is the best description I've heard of Lulu !!!

I have heard she is just as bad as Cilla Black.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Newsflash!

Can't wait to see this!
    I'm just wondering what accent she'll use since she seems to have two to choose from.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what accent she'll use since she seems to have two to choose from.

Mmm... I'll guess she'll use that attempt at a Home Counties one she does ;-)
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems whenever she's on anything soley Scottish she puts on that "pair wee wumman fae glesga" voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Seems whenever she's on anything soley Scottish she puts on that "pair wee wumman fae glesga" voice.

Lulu forgot to use that accent when being interviewed by fellow Glaswegian Lorraine Kelly a few weeks ago :D

You'd have thought listening to Lorraine would have reminded her lol
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I do like that song, and her cover of "The Man Who Sold The World."

No it was horrible. Bowies version was so much better.

Can't stand Lulu myself. She's really overrated
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she makes me wanna shout
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    She makes me wanna puke
  • Options
    jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Here is the music video for Lu's upcoming single, it's becoming a real grower on me, any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oukj0JvRd9w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Lulu doesn't look her best there, does she?

Still wearing the cap and jacket and has she any make-up on at all?
    She could do worse than get Freemans delivering again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hahahaha! I do try to win you over fans and nice comments Lulu, I do try :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the music video for Lu's upcoming single, it's becoming a real grower on me, any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oukj0JvRd9w

Can someone please pass me the brain bleach. 😝
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lulu has given a big interview in the Daily Mail today.
    'I've had the most unbelievable life. I've been to hell and back, but I've lived': Lulu talks bedding Bowie, bumping into Lady Di on the school run and why Miley Cyrus is bad for pop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2970598/Lulu-talks-bedding-Bowie-bumping-Lady-Di-school-run-Miley-Cyrus-bad-pop.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Lulu losing her hair? In that article's photos she seems to be wearing a lot of head gear lately.

Does she never tire of telling us all about how she married a Bee Gee & a hairdresser, grew up in Glasgow, knows lots of celebrities and that she has got a lot of money? The funniest part of that interview was the comment about her ever-changing accent!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having had sex with Bowie way back in the 70s? Really?! How could his ex, Angie, not have sussed Lulu out at the time if her latest claim of her 'affair' with Bowie is true? I very much doubt this.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I seriously can't see David Bowie with Lulu.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still denying anything happened with Jason Orange..... and her only comment is to say that he was "troubled!" Not very nice - maybe he spurned her advances! Get off me Lulu! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having had sex with Bowie way back in the 70s? Really?! How could his ex, Angie, not have sussed Lulu out at the time if her latest claim of her 'affair' with Bowie is true? I very much doubt this.

As if Bowie would touch her with his barge pole, it's pure BS from the pointless poisonous screechy munchkin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed at these negative comments about Lulu. She's always come across as a delightful lady, very attractive and with a good sense of humour. Not one of my favourite singers admittedly but I cannot understand why so many of you seem to dislike her.

Unlike Cilla Black I have never seen any articles in the press saying she is a prima donna.

She did do the very good " To sir with love" single