Phil Daniels: "Why are they ruining EastEnders?"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2948871/Former-EastEnder-Phil-Daniels-slams-shows-clueless-bosses.html

It's a chance for me to come back from the dead if they want glamour. There aren't enough laughs in EastEnders for me - and there weren't when I was doing it either!"

:rolleyes: This guy hasn't got a clue IMO

Comments

• iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only comedy has been the acting by fatboy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Phil Daniels thinks he added "glamour" to the show then it is him who doesn't know what the viewers want.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I think he's spot on:)

No suprises there
  • Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest the double storylines of Chryed and Lucas the mass murderer have been brilliant (despite how stupidly unrealistic burying the body under the tree was). I said I would never get back into the show again after they killed off Danielle (which I still consider a terrible decision but lets not go there) but they have dragged me right back in.

The only thing at the moment that is pissing me off about eastenders is Ben Mitchell. Other than him I am liking the show alot.
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    He wasn't comedy or glamour, the fool.
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is wrong with Ben??
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's true.
    It hasn't been great since Archie's murder.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    h the sun as usual:yawn:

Its not like he's actually a good actor is it
    Forum Member
    It's true.
    It hasn't been great since Archie's murder.
    A whole 2 months:yawn:

It's not the first time phills moaned
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    A whole 2 months:yawn:

It's not the first time phills moaned

Yes, because christmas was two months ago.
    Forum Member
    Yes, because christmas was two months ago.
    I was actually going on about the LIVE episode.
    He just wants to get in the paper thats all
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    um, ive read his article, I know Phil is entitled to his POV, but I just dont see it.

Maybe he is saying this because some friends of his have been axed, but getting rid of Minty is generally exactly what the fans want.

Meanwhile the episode are as good as they have ever been
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,952
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »

Maybe he is saying this because some friends of his have been axed, but getting rid of Minty is generally exactly what the fans want.

Meanwhile the episode are as good as they have ever been

maybe but some of us do like minty lol
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    If Phil Daniels thinks he added "glamour" to the show then it is him who doesn't know what the viewers want.

I think he was joking!!

This made me laugh:
    Instead he wants to ape the success of talent search shows like I'd Do Anything and Over the Rainbow by turning his notorious 1977 film Scum - about life in a British borstal - into a musical and casting the roles in a telly contest.

Phil reckons his acting experience and time spent singing with Blur give him the perfect credentials to be a judge.

He said: "Scum the musical - that would be good. We'd have to have a mixed borstal to get girls in it too.

"I'd like to pick a star. I could sit alongside Louis Walsh. Anybody interested contact me. I'd be a good judge."
    :D
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe but some of us do like minty lol
    well there is no accounting for taste.
  • Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minty is alright, but like Billy Mitchell, if they are not going to evolve his characters in any way then I would rather he just left or at least it wouldn't matter too much if he did.

Especially Billy, he is just getting boring now

Billy has a good intentioned idea - Billy is trying his best to make it work - Billy looks like he is going to achieve his goal - Billy tells everyone - Something happens and it doesn't work and Billy either ends up upset or with egg on his face. Mix in a few scenes of people disrespecting or having doubts about Billy amongst the chain. Then rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

Once characters get like that then it really is not that big a shame if they go and Minty may be one of them. He may be a little grumpier than he used to be but it is a bit same old same old with him. Unless I have missed some big character beefing storylines from Q2 - Q4 2009 when I didn't watch EE.
  • Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    All this coming from Phil Daniels, who acted very badly throughout his stint in EastEnders. Phil is a great actor, but in EastEnders he was something else. Also, his character, Kevin Wicks, was absolutely dire. I couldn't stand him.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    No suprises there

lol at people who get upset when someone doesn't like EE.

Why do people care what Phil Daniels says. He's entitled to his opinion. If it's different to yours then so what? Get over it
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin WIcks was one of the worst characters ever.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    apart from the live ep last nights ep was one of d best in a good while
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Daniels is a very good actor and the writers on EE really messed up with him. He could have been as popular as Alfie was at one time as an East end character with a bit of banter and humour. Its sad that they didn't write better for him, but instead they had to give him awful kids and a really depressing storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol at people who get upset when someone doesn't like EE.

Why do people care what Phil Daniels says. He's entitled to his opinion. If it's different to yours then so what? Get over it

Your just the same though. So wot if I don't agree with people who don't like EE? there's always people like you who try and get there two pennys worth moaning about the people who "moan" about the who don't like EE. in your words "get over it" too
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this coming from Phil Daniels, who acted very badly throughout his stint in EastEnders. Phil is a great actor, but in EastEnders he was something else. Also, his character, Kevin Wicks, was absolutely dire. I couldn't stand him.

All the above was the fault of the script writers who signed him up then couldn't think of anything decent for him to do. The storyline with the kids finding out he was lying to them was appalling. However good an actor is they cannot save a production from a really bad script!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Phil Daniels is a very good actor and the writers on EE really messed up with him. He could have been as popular as Alfie was at one time as an East end character with a bit of banter and humour. Its sad that they didn't write better for him, but instead they had to give him awful kids and a really depressing storyline.

I'm probably wrong in saying this but everything I have ever seen him in, he's place a variation of the same part. Tough guy, idiot, cheeky cockney sparrow etc etc.

All as Phil Daniels.

PARK LIFE!