Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

Just to let people know this is on tonight (Mon 26th Jan) on E4 at 10:45pm (after the acting masterclass that is 90210)

I found it funny when I last saw it but IMDb disagrees!, giving it a 5.8/10

Lisa Kudrow, Janeane Garofalo and Mira Sovino star.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just me then.

Oh well...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of me fave films. Reminds me of when I was about 11, and I actually thought life would be like that, that me and my friends would still be best friends years later. lol

Needless to say I grew up lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst films i've ever seen. Not one funny joke at all i'm afraid and i love Lisa Kudrow normally.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    Hilarious movie. Both were great in it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very funny! not meant to be Oscar worthy-which makes it great cult classic
  • wombat79wombat79 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this :o It has a bad rep, but I think it's pretty funny; sometimes you don't need a great film, just a silly comedy, and this fits the bill.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it, and thanks to seeing a warning on another forum about it being on, I sat and watched it too!

So many quotable lines, and Mira Sorvino stole the show for me!

Paddy :D
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd not seen this in years so I recorded it last night after finding the first 10 minutes funny.

One thing I thought of when it started (after knowing the bad rep this movie has) is that if it was a movie about 2 blokes (say, Will Ferrell & Jon Hederson for example) it would be seen as a classic, must see movie.

Random thought I know :o
  • iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought it was a little gem of a film when i saw it years ago.

loved the thing about the post-it notes!

Iain :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it's daft spirit, and Janeane Garrofolo. The scene at the car rental where she explains how she did not have a thing with the guy in highschool is hilarious.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    scoobyju1 wrote: »
    I'd not seen this in years so I recorded it last night after finding the first 10 minutes funny.

One thing I thought of when it started (after knowing the bad rep this movie has) is that if it was a movie about 2 blokes (say, Will Ferrell & Jon Hederson for example) it would be seen as a classic, must see movie.

Thats true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love it :-) was working last nite so watching it now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of my favourite films, I love it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the first film that springs to mind when someone asks 'what's your favourite movie?' then to save face I give my second favourite as an answer lol

I've been dying to use 'I'm sorry I cut my foot a while ago and now my shoe is filling with blood' as an escape line for ages, but I've never been quite that brave!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scoobyju1 wrote: »

Funny you mentioned Will Ferrell... he did a movie called Night At The Roxbury about two dim blokes who try to get into an exclusive nightclub and be part of the IT crowd... not too dis-similar to some of the plot pieces of Romy & Michelle...

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    So many quotable lines, and Mira Sorvino stole the show for me!

Gulftastic wrote: »
    I love it's daft spirit, and Janeane Garrofolo. The scene at the car rental where she explains how she did not have a thing with the guy in highschool is hilarious.
    Oops, I meant Jeneane Garrofolo! I got her a Mira Sorvino mixed up! Glad she got it on with the cowboy at the end!

Most of Jeneane's lines are brilliant!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite films. I'd love to see a sequel to Romy and Michele.
  • trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant film

Heather Mooney steals every scene she is in
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I went the cinema to see this and found it rather amusing :D

Heather: Why are you tormenting me? Why don't you go **** a sheep, or your sister, or YOURSELF? Braindead redneck asshole! :D:D

The bit where one of them swings her hair around made me chuckle, too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if its repeated on E4 this week?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    One of my favourite films. I'd love to see a sequel to Romy and Michele.

They made a prequel. It sucked massively. Kelly Brook was the best actress in it. What does that tell you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heather: Why are you tormenting me? Why don't you go f*ck a sheep, or your sister, or YOURSELF? Braindead redneck asshole! :D:D
    And of course, the follow up when they're older...

Coyboy: "I was a braindead redneck asshole... but I never f*cked a sheep... or my sister..."
    Heather: "Why... couldn't catch 'em?!"

• robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best film ever
    "you look so good with blonde hair and dark roots..it's like not even funnay!"
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This film is brilliant. I love it. I once watched this film 3 times in a row while cleaning my room throughly when I was a teenager. It never gets old. Love Lisa Kudrow in it. Also, notice how the guy Romy fancies, played Fun Bobby in F.R.I.E.N.D.S? His onscreen gf/Wife (Christy) was also in it too for an episode.

Michelle: For me, it's like I've just given birth to my own baby girl, except she's like a big giant girl who smokes and says "shit" a lot. You know?

Michelle: Remember the prom? You got so thin by then.
    Romy: Oh, I know. I was so lucky getting mono. That was like the best diet ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, while you were busy doing that....