'Waiting for Genhil to Get It On' - Gennie & Nikhil (P2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,743
Administrator
shazf wrote: »
I'm glad Nikhil helps out.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1480868

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Congrats on the new part.
    • lizirayliziray Posts: 344
      Forum Member
        Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1480868
        Blimey we must have been too successfull:)

But just in time for the first anniversary, Can't believe its a year since that kiss:)
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        liziray wrote: »

But just in time for the first anniversary, Can't believe its a year since that kiss:)

Was it the 22nd or the 23rd?
      • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        liziray wrote: »

Oh my word! Yes, it was a year ago this week!!

Quite a lot has happened to "Genhil" since then! :D:):D
      • Telly TotTelly Tot Posts: 1,037
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        20Colmanct wrote: »
        Oh my word! Yes, it was a year ago this week!!

Quite a lot has happened to "Genhil" since then! :D:):D
        They've certainly packed a lot into a year!:) I think the kiss in the factory was the 21st Nov last year and Nicky the unfortunate plot device, was finally kicked to the curb the next day, if memory serves. Liking some of the new spoilers
        I'm beginning to wish I was as lucky with the lottery numbers as some of the predictions.:) No insider knowledge, I swear. Respect to liziray, who I remember, definitely mentioned a similar idea for Gennie a while back. Great to see Nikhil stepping in with Debbie and it would seem that Gennie and Katie are also back on speaking terms again by mid December. Hopefully, this will put Gen in a happier place over the next few months and if we are to see a wedding some time next year (fingers crossed) at least there'll be a decent potential guest list of family and friends. If Gennie and Nikhil are looking for help with Molly, maybe Edna might provide a solution as she clearly needs the money. Personally, I'd rather leave a baby with her than with Brenda any day!

So Jai and Rachel's baby is a boy, that was frighteningly predictable. You just know how furious Nikhil will be about this when he finds out. The infidelity he could probably deal with, although he'll definitely be shocked but there's no doubt that he'll see the baby as Jai's attempt to out do him, yet again and as adoring as he is of Molly, we all know how much he wanted the traditional son and heir. I just hope he doesn't give Gennie the unintended impression that in producing a boy, whatever the circumstances, Jai has triumphed over him. That won't play well. If he's any sense, the whole sorry mess should make him value what he has with Gennie and Molly even more...but then sense is often an alien concept to Nikhil sadly.:rolleyes:
        Forum Member
        Yep your rite with the dates Telly Tot the kiss was the 21st then Nicky getting the chop on the 22nd and Nikhil standing up to Nicky in the pub on the 23rd, We didn't see to much of them then till the 29th when we got that sexy little scene at Gennie's, Remember LUNCHTIME, ;)

Yes ime going to have a few extra goes on the Lottery aswell;)
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Telly Tot wrote: »
        They've certainly packed a lot into a year!:) I think the kiss in the factory was the 21st Nov last year and Nicky the unfortunate plot device, was finally kicked to the curb the next day, if memory serves. Liking some of the new spoilers
        I'm beginning to wish I was as lucky with the lottery numbers as some of the predictions.:) No insider knowledge, I swear. Respect to liziray, who I remember, definitely mentioned a similar idea for Gennie a while back. Great to see Nikhil stepping in with Debbie and it would seem that Gennie and Katie are also back on speaking terms again by mid December. Hopefully, this will put Gen in a happier place over the next few months and if we are to see a wedding some time next year (fingers crossed) at least there'll be a decent potential guest list of family and friends. If Gennie and Nikhil are looking for help with Molly, maybe Edna might provide a solution as she clearly needs the money. Personally, I'd rather leave a baby with her than with Brenda any day!

So Jai and Rachel's baby is a boy, that was frighteningly predictable. You just know how furious Nikhil will be about this when he finds out. The infidelity he could probably deal with, although he'll definitely be shocked but there's no doubt that he'll see the baby as Jai's attempt to out do him, yet again and as adoring as he is of Molly, we all know how much he wanted the traditional son and heir. I just hope he doesn't give Gennie the unintended impression that in producing a boy, whatever the circumstances, Jai has triumphed over him. That won't play well. If he's any sense, the whole sorry mess should make him value what he has with Gennie and Molly even more...but then sense is often an alien concept to Nikhil sadly.:rolleyes:

I love your post.:D
      • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        New thread!!!!!
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        New Thread, New Baby and hopefully a wedding SOON which will result in a New Husband and Wife.
      • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
        Forum Member
        Can't wait for the wedding. I can see Gennie wearing a 50s style dress :)
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        lea_uk wrote: »
        I'd love to see them finally tie the knot. The 50's look would be great for Gennie and let's face it, you'd be hard pressed to find a more gorgeous groom. As with all soap weddings I'm sure the build up wouldn't be without incident but it would be lovely to have a great big village celebration. Jai and Charity's do was a bit subdued and Declan and Katie's left me cold. I just love the idea of everyone being involved in this one. Georgia's reaction to a full on Dingle do would be hilarious.:D
      • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        New Thread! :D
        Telly Tot wrote: »
        I'd love to see them finally tie the knot. The 50's look would be great for Gennie and let's face it, you'd be hard pressed to find a more gorgeous groom. As with all soap weddings I'm sure the build up wouldn't be without incident but it would be lovely to have a great big village celebration. Jai and Charity's do was a bit subdued and Declan and Katie's left me cold. I just love the idea of everyone being involved in this one. Georgia's reaction to a full on Dingle do would be hilarious.:D

Has Georgia met any of the Dingles yet? Apart from Charity and Gennie obviously!:D
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        New Thread! :D

Has Georgia met any of the Dingles yet? Apart from Charity and Gennie obviously!:D

Don't think so. But more importantly have any of the Dingles met Molly yet?
      • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        Don't think so. But more importantly have any of the Dingles met Molly yet?

Chas and Debbie have....I think that is it
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Chas and Debbie have....I think that is it

I thought Lisa or perhaps Belle might have gone to see her.
      • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭

Happy New Thread Everyone! :)

Georgia (sort of) met Chas in the pub last year before Genhil got together. There was a brilliant scene where Nikhil said something to do with how Charity set himself up with Chas. He points her out in the pub and Georgia takes one look at Chas and sneers. :D
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Mrs_Stig24 wrote: »
        Happy New Thread Everyone! :)

Georgia (sort of) met Chas in the pub last year before Genhil got together. There was a brilliant scene where Nikhil said something to do with how Charity set himself up with Chas. He points her out in the pub and Georgia takes one look at Chas and sneers. :D

I remember that ep.
      • Kazz64Kazz64 Posts: 432
        Forum Member
        lea_uk wrote: »

I seem to remember reading an interview with Sian about a year or so ago where she said that she knows exactly what type of wedding dress Gennie would wear I think she said it would probably be "Doris Day style".

I wonder if they may opt for a wedding and Molly's christening on the same day. I could just imagine Gennie dressing Molly in a miniature version of her own dress although no doubt Georgia would want Molly to wear a family christening gown which had been worn by Jai, Nikhil and Priya.

Loved the bit in tonight's episode when Nikhil told Declan that he "loved looking after Molly and that having her had changed his life" :)
      • bettyeagletonbettyeagleton Posts: 166
        Forum Member
        Georgia will have met most of the Dingles at Jai and Charity's wedding, except for Cain, who she'd already met, and Aaron, who wasn't there. But most were there I think.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Will Gennie feel bad that she didn't let Katie into the house.
      • Kazz64Kazz64 Posts: 432
        Forum Member
        Will Gennie feel bad that she didn't let Katie into the house.

Yes she will and I think Nikhil will feel bad about Katie's situation too.
        However, it looks as if Katie does survive and makes up with Gennie as a spoiler for 10th December says - Gennie’s taken aback when Katie confides her true feelings about Declan.

On another topic I cannot believe that Ali thinks that she can be the new sales manager at the factory. It's only 7 months since she caused chaos by messing an order up. Hopefully Nikhil will remember that when she applies. I also hope that Gennie remembers to tell him how Charity nicked her contact and won the big order to land the job in the first place.
        Whilst Nikhil agrees to interview Gennie for the job according to an Inside Soap tease for the week beginning 3rd December -
        Gennie's upset as Nikhil stands in the way of her career
        My guess is that they fall out when he's concerned about how many hours she's going to work and who's going to take care of Molly.
      • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        Kazz64 wrote: »
        On another topic I cannot believe that Ali thinks that she can be the new sales manager at the factory. It's only 7 months since she caused chaos by messing an order up. Hopefully Nikhil will remember that when she applies. I also hope that Gennie remembers to tell him how Charity nicked her contact and won the big order to land the job in the first place.

I know, it would be absurd to consider her for the job!! Even if her reading had come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months (from Friday's ep, it doesn't seem to have), are we really supposed to believe she would be considered for a sales "manager" position. A junior sales assistant perhaps. Manager, no.
        Whilst Nikhil agrees to interview Gennie for the job according to an Inside Soap tease for the week beginning 3rd December - My guess is that they fall out when he's concerned about how many hours she's going to work and who's going to take care of Molly.

That's a bit disappointing.
        I hope it is his concern for Molly that's paramount, rather than his failure to see how capable Gennie is at work
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Kazz64 wrote: »
        I know, it would be absurd to consider her for the job!! Even if her reading had come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months (from Friday's ep, it doesn't seem to have), are we really supposed to believe she would be considered for a sales "manager" position. A junior sales assistant perhaps. Manager, no.
        I agree with both of you. Suggesting that Ali would be a viable candidate for the Sales Manager's post, at this stage, would be truly ridiculous. She's clearly still struggling with basic literacy and whilst that wouldn't necessarily stop her from being a persuasive sales woman, I can't see how she'd cope with the contracts, emails, paperwork etc that would be involved. Given the general people skills we've seen thus far, I wouldn't be optimistic that she'd manage the persuasive bit either to be honest. I'm not sure, "D'ya want these toffees or what?!" is quite the sales style Sharma and Sharma would be looking for.:D
        I suspect the job will be Gennie's in the end. The tiff about him damaging her career prospects is most likely yet another storm in a teacup and more evidence that he still can't suppress his natural control freak tendencies. He will doubtless raise issues with how she'll balance a Sales Manager's job with caring for Molly and she'll have to drag him kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. Even in the good employment practice black hole that is Sharma and Sharma, essentially being reluctant to give someone a job because they have a baby is dubious to say the least but then again, interviewing your fiancée for a job is also an ethically grey area. Nikhil should take a moment to remember that he's raising a daughter. I'm not sure he'd want to send a message that her future career prospects will be limited by giving him a Grandchild.
        Forum Member

That's a bit disappointing.
        I hope it is his concern for Molly that's paramount, rather than his failure to see how capable Gennie is at work
        Pretty sure it would be the first rather than the latter.
        Forum Member
        Really nice pic of Gennie and Rishi on ITV.com, Gennie looks lovely.:) Hope they don't keep us waiting to long for the wedding, Gennie is going to be the most stunning bride. Don't suppose the groom will look to bad either.;)