Arthur Darvills out trashed and items stolen

2»

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    It is awful that Arthur (if you're reading) has suffered that, but I would ask you to (respectfully) get a sense of perspective and consider what the poor family of Winnie Bennett has gone through this week :cry::cry::cry: other stuff seems like nothing to me to be honest

Of course Winnie Johnson's story is horribly sad, but you can't expect the world to permanantly stop.
  • aiseyaisey Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    It is awful that Arthur (if you're reading) has suffered that, but I would ask you to (respectfully) get a sense of perspective and consider what the poor family of Winnie Bennett has gone through this week :cry::cry::cry: other stuff seems like nothing to me to be honest

Probably the most randomly idiotic post ever. Congratulations.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winnie Johnson*
    And this is a Doctor Who forum, we're not exactly going to be talking about that on here now are we? Have some respect for Arthur too and don't talk wet.
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    This is a Doctor Who forum. Terrible tragedy strikes every day. Terrible, but not relevant. If the criteria for chatting about Doctor Who related info is the absence of other tragedy then you may as well call for the permanent closure of all forums.
    Of course Winnie Johnson's story is horribly sad, but you can't expect the world to permanantly stop.
    But surely then we should get some perspective and not talk about either of them, because what about all the people in Syria?
    :confused:
    (See, this argument does not really work.)
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigheather wrote: »
    It may be of some comfort to Arthur and to everyone else that has had their homes violated, to know that the culprit(s) will be swiftly apprehended and given a suitable custodial sentence/punishment that will ensure they never do it again.

Apologises, that post was done far too early this morning, I was confusing reality with my imaginary alter ego 'Vengeful Cow'. She wears the severed hands of thieving scum as pretty trinkets.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    bigheather wrote: »
    Apologises, that post was done far too early this morning, I was confusing reality with my imaginary alter ego 'Vengeful Cow'. She wears the severed hands of thieving scum as pretty trinkets.

:D **cowers in fear of 'Vengeful Cow'**

I remember when my befuddled grandpa was conned by door to door "antique dealers" I spent several days as "DeathWish Man!" also severing heads of thieving scum. In my imagination.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William65 wrote: »
    Did you all here?

Arthur darvill who plays Rory Williams house has been trashed and stuff have been stolen :eek:

Who would do this!

(Look at his Twitter if you have not seen it yet)
    I hope he manages to get all his stuff returned.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right, this is the part where the thieves breaking into his flat, taking some of his stuff and trashing the rest make it all Arthur's fault for not backing up his music...

No chance you work in insurance, do you?

You can't plan your whole life like you're expecting the worst to happen at any moment.

I never said it was his fault, just that if you have something important, you should keep it safe.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Poor Arthur, no-one deserves that to happen to them.
  • aiseyaisey Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    He will hunt them down, in full Roman costume.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    This is a Doctor Who forum. Terrible tragedy strikes every day. Terrible, but not relevant. If the criteria for chatting about Doctor Who related info is the absence of other tragedy then you may as well call for the permanent closure of all forums.

Thank you, I'm glad you agree.
    Forum Member
    But surely then we should get some perspective and not talk about either of them, because what about all the people in Syria?
    :confused:
    (See, this argument does not really work.)

My point was that this is a Doctor Who forum, so we're going to be talking about Doctor Who related things. Not murders and deaths of people completely unrelated.
    Forum Member
    aisey wrote: »
    Probably the most randomly idiotic post ever. Congratulations.

This. ^
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory :(:(:(
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a shame. Poor Arthur.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would he not have his music backed up?....

why do people steal other people's stuff?
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would he not have his music backed up?....

Backed up on what? The Laptop, Ipods etc that were stolen too... Stupid comment to make to be frank.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »
    Backed up on what? The Laptop, Ipods etc that were stolen too... Stupid comment to make to be frank.

One could copy to an external hard drive and keep in a safe place at the house of a relative. Or copy to internet based storage. Paper documents can be digitally scanned or photocopied.

But I expect this will have occurred to Arthur without people wagging their fingers in his direction. ;)
  • YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur is getting back on track :)
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William65 wrote: »
    Arthur is getting back on track :)

That's good, maybe it might take a while but with some inspiration, it's hula baby.:D
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is awful that Arthur (if you're reading) has suffered that, but I would ask you to (respectfully) get a sense of perspective and consider what the poor family of Winnie Bennett has gone through this week :cry::cry::cry:other stuff seems like nothing to me to be honest
    So why are you even posting in the Doctor Who subforum?

As others have demonstrated, the "worse things in the world" argument can be used to trivialise pretty much anything less than mass genocide. While it's certainly very sad that Winnie never gave her son a proper burial before she passed, I find it rather tasteless that you should play this story as some sort of trump card against relevant Doctor Who-related news.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's awful and should never happen but the fact he posted a twit pic shows what kind of society we live in, what's the point in posting a picture of it?

And am I the only one who read the thread title and thought he had his items stolen while he was out drunk lol