The Good Wife - Season 5 - More4 Pace *No Spoilers*

1323334353638»

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Characters like Elspeth and Canning work so well because they are used sparingly. Make them a regular and you lose what makes their appearances special. (as seen in the recent few episodes) Besides, we have enough characters we barely see......

I liked this season, but it was definitely 'a weird year'. I hope Cary and Alicia stay together, but I guess she'll be going for SA now :(
  • CyberdameCyberdame Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Characters like Elspeth and Canning work so well because they are used sparingly. Make them a regular and you lose what makes their appearances special. (as seen in the recent few episodes) Besides, we have enough characters we barely see......

I liked this season, but it was definitely 'a weird year'. I hope Cary and Alicia stay together, but I guess she'll be going for SA now :(

I agree regarding Elspeth, but I would like to see a bit more of this character.
    Cyberdame
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Cary and Alicia stay together, but I guess she'll be going for SA now :(
    I wonder if the SA job offer is a bit of a season finale red herring. I cannot see how Peter can endorse his wife for the job and anyway she'd have to be elected... perhaps it could make great tv with equally great storylines but it would look a bit nepotic, wouldn't it? :confused:
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I wonder if the SA job offer is a bit of a season finale red herring. I cannot see how Peter can endorse his wife for the job and anyway she'd have to be elected... perhaps it could make great tv with equally great storylines but it would look a bit nepotic, wouldn't it? :confused:

I can't see Alicia as SA. She's more a defender than a prosecutor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Yes, I agree this is a great summing up.
    Thursday nights at 9pm will not be the same as The Good Wife is required viewing.
    Along with SUITS of course.
    Hope it's not too long to wait until they come back.

Claire
    Normandie wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with you. Eli is wonderfully written and acted; David Lee I dislike as a person but love as a character; Canning I used to like in small doses but as a main player... no. I adored the scenes with the mothers. :D

I think she would have - Diane is lacking in support this season and Kalinda has been someone she has turned to repeatedly. I have a mild issue with Kalinda being able to solve every problem that comes her way but as I love the character, I'm willing to let that ride. However, I'm sure that part of the reason for Kalinda going to the Peter / Eli meeting is that Kalinda has that history with Peter... and I'm sure that Diane is not aware of it. As Eli isn't.

I don't think he's a strong enough actor to bring out the steeliness that I think Cary now needs to demonstrate. Cary going to Canning wasn't steeliness... it was desperation and a low thing to do.

So true. :cool:

Kalinda uses sex as currency. She's always done that. I did think that she had genuine affection for Cary and her behaviour this series has suggested that she doesn't. It's not weird per se - just demonstrates that Kalinda has something in her background that seems to prevent her forming honest relationships. Her relationship with Alicia and now Diane seem the most honest. As she's written, once sex enters the equation, she can't help but manipulate the power it gives her.

I'm still in love with this show. There've been ups and downs this season but it's still been one of the shows I will always make time to watch. There are precious few of those.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Any news on when The Good Wife will be back on More 4 - the new year, presumably?
    Forum Member
    Last Thursday in January.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Thursday in January.

Is this confirmed that Season 6 will be shown in the UK in January?

I managed to miss the first half of season 5 and ended up buying it on DVD! It's still nowhere to be found on Netflix etc.

Knowing my luck, More4 won't pick it up this year.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Is this confirmed that Season 6 will be shown in the UK in January?

I managed to miss the first half of season 5 and ended up buying it on DVD! It's still nowhere to be found on Netflix etc.

Knowing my luck, More4 won't pick it up this year.

Geektown is still suggesting January but no particular date. So, not actually confirmed as far as I'm aware.
    Forum Member
    More4 definitely do have the rights. It was confirmed a few months ago.

Suits starts on Jan 15th, and TGW always starts on the same night, so.....