HTC One or Nexus 4?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »
    Another vote for the Nexus 4 here as well, yeah the HTC is newer and there is no denying it is lovely but in use its not going to feel any faster, its not like the N4 is a complete dog is it.

Android 4.3 is only a matter of days away as well and the N4 will undoubtedly get it before the HTC

My SIM free deal is

500 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    1GB data
    £7 per month (EE)
    That's a good plan, is there a link to it?
  • Options
    AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the HTC One I would go for that if your going on contract otherwise the N4 if you can buy it outright and a monthly sim deal.I use the HTC as my main phone and the Nexus as a back up phone, its silky smooth with pure android.The HTC is just as smooth in use but has great software on top like zoe,blinkfeed and the txt reflow browser which also still has flash.Would miss all of that in pure android version of the phone.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    That's a good plan, is there a link to it?

I doubt it mate as it was a retention deal, i just rang T-Mobile up and requested a PAC so i move to GiffGaff and they just offered me that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it mate as it was a retention deal, i just rang T-Mobile up and requested a PAC so i move to GiffGaff and they just offered me that.

Thanks anyway - it's a cracking deal that you were given
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    is the one better than the s4?

No idea as I've never tried the S4. For build quality alone it has to be the One for me.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the HTC One Mini, due out in August. The One is a great phone but a little too big for me.
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    is the one better than the s4?
    That depends, what are your needs and preferences?

bampsam wrote: »
    For build quality alone it has to be the One for me.
    That's something of a fallacy.
    For choice of materials, the One is considered to be better by some people but that's not the same as build quality.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Thanks anyway - it's a cracking deal that you were given

If its any use my old biddy rang up and asked for the same deal and they gave her it so if you are on T-Mobile give it a shot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its any use my old biddy rang up and asked for the same deal and they gave her it so if you are on T-Mobile give it a shot.

hmmmm.... I'm on Orange, might be worth a try.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Another vote for the Nexus 4 here as well, yeah the HTC is newer and there is no denying it is lovely but in use its not going to feel any faster, its not like the N4 is a complete dog is it.

Android 4.3 is only a matter of days away as well and the N4 will undoubtedly get it before the HTC

My SIM free deal is

500 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    1GB data
    £7 per month (EE)

Is that 30 day rolling or 12 month?