American idol -back on UK Tv?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
Forum Member
When is American idol back on uk TV? It starts in USA next week but nothing in TV guide for it on five star or itv2 where it's usually been shown and they usually show it a day after the usa

Comments

• Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i have a strange feeling channel 5 have dropped it... though i cant be sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »

Yeah it looks that way. The ch5 American idol website hasn't been updated fir ages or to say it coming soon.

Where can I each it now? 😞
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »

It looks that way even the ch5 website for the show hasn't been updated for ages. You'd think it would say coming soon on the site by now. Where can I watch it now?
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's crap then. Another show dumped for no reason, just like Dancing with the Stars.

I enjoyed AI over our poor efforts. They never seemed to over produce the weeks songs, just letting the acts get on with it.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first chance to watch the new season of American Idol (apart from online) is on Sky 182, channel 3e, next Saturday, 18 January 17.30-20.00.

Channel 5 is still referring to it being broadcast "early next year".
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    It was dropped from ITV2 because Simon left so they did not renew the deal and just waited until the existing one was finished.

Channel 5 is not a channel people generally watch having American Idol on that channel made the show have a cheap feeling.
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to 5*'s official Twitter page, it is coming back, but will be broadcast in the spring at an as yet unconfirmed date. I won't be watching it anymore, though-it's totally worn out now, Fox need to move on and get rid of it. Shame, it was epic in its day. Made my Friday night, did that show.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    The first chance to watch the new season of American Idol (apart from online) is on Sky 182, channel 3e, next Saturday, 18 January 17.30-20.00.

Only if you have an Irish Sky subscription!
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    J - Lo's back this year aswell so I wanted to watch it on TV :(:D
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    It was dropped from ITV2 because Simon left so they did not renew the deal and just waited until the existing one was finished.

Channel 5 is not a channel people generally watch having American Idol on that channel made the show have a cheap feeling.

I watch Channel 5.
  • tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    This was posted on Twiiter yesterday by Channel 5.

Channel 5‏@channel5_tv·14 Jan
    Hi @NatSasic yes Americal Idol will be back on @5star_tv. Date still to be confirmed, but we'll tweet when we know.

It's a shame it won't be up-to-date. T enjoyed just watching it a day after the USA airings.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    tommYHYH wrote: »
    This was posted on Twiiter yesterday by Channel 5.

Channel 5‏@channel5_tv·14 Jan
    Hi @NatSasic yes Americal Idol will be back on @5star_tv. Date still to be confirmed, but we'll tweet when we know.

It's a shame it won't be up-to-date. T enjoyed just watching it a day after the USA airings.

What's their pitiful excuse for not showing it earlier I wonder.
    They did last year !
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate them for doing this. i love idol and i MUST watch it on time >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Idol is now on 5* and 5*+1!

It seems as though it started yesterday, with a second part today.

I am not sure what the timing was yesterday, but today it started at 5pm until 7pm (and of course 6pm to 8pm on +1).

I will be setting my PVR so I don't miss any more episodes.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched and thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 shows. Harry Connick Jr is a great addition and very funny. Is this going to be the official thread?
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was ep 2 on 5*?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Was ep 2 on 5*?

I am not sure about the numbering of the episodes, but there was a two hour programme on Saturday and another one on Sunday.

When setting my PVR for next week I realised that while 5* is continuing 5*+1 is not, as it is being replaced by C5+24.

For me it is refreshing to see the auditions with just three judges - I am not a fan of auditions with a live audience like X-Factor has.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I watched both shows over the weekend.

Harry is quite amusing although he seems to be moaning rather a bit too much about not being recognised or appreciated by the contestants! I didn't agree with a lot of his 'No' votes either, but fortunately the other judges didn't either!

In fact there were several contestants who I thought were in the top 10% of those I'd heard who only scraped by by the skin of their teeth. Which makes me a little bit concerned by the judges' judgement this year :o

That stuff about the penatonic scale seemed a bit odd too. I didn't really understand what he was getting at even after looking it up (and it's actually pentatonic - not penatonic!)
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those interested it's available in HD on Sky's On Demand service, even though it's only broadcast in SD.
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't be rating well in recent years for ITV2 to drop it then 5* to drop it from a prime time slot to a rubbish 5pm weekend slot. They didn't even tell us the 2nd show was on Sunday!

There is an AI forum on here btw.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=61
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    American Idol is now on 5* and 5*+1!

It seems as though it started yesterday, with a second part today.

I am not sure what the timing was yesterday, but today it started at 5pm until 7pm (and of course 6pm to 8pm on +1).

I will be setting my PVR so I don't miss any more episodes.

I watched the first episode, but found it so boring I didn't bother with the 2nd. It was just auditions of people singing, without musical backing in most cases, not the most exciting of events! 5* +1 has now disappeared on Virgin Media TV (and probably other platforms) in any case.
  • Rolling StoneRolling Stone Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see the final few episodes that were repeated on 5* last week ? It was great !!