Katy Perry- Not so nice?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cromwell wrote: »
    I think Brand resented her for standing up to him by not having children straight away, taking a photo of her with no makeup and putting it on Twitter was brutal. He seems to have found himself a doormat now, which is the kind of female he can handle.

i think brand resented her for continuing to do things that he himself was trying to steer well clear of.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    i think brand resented her for continuing to do things that he himself was trying to steer well clear of.

Bingo.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Their entire union was surreal
  • Options
    SulalaSulala Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    What, the song 'Ur So Gay' or 'I Kissed A Girl'?

If you mean IKAG, what's always confused me is she's always denied being bisexual (which is fine, it's just a song of course) but it's like she really goes out of her way to confirm it, and also saying her parents disagree with the song etc. I guess at the time it was a controversial song drawing attention to her which helped put her out there.

Ur So Gay was a song about a ex who was metrosexual, so she was saying he seemed so gay, but he's not. Kind of insensitive looking back on it now, but not the super offensive homophobic thing people think it is.

Katy doesn't strike me as the type of person who's a super mean girl, but more somebody who likes to be funny, and sometimes makes jokes that are insensitive. Her humor seems to be stuck in a place that was acceptable 15 years ago. That comment about Britney, nobody would've batted an eyelid about that 10/15 years ago and people would have laughed at it. Now it's not ok to make jokes like that, we've progressed as a society slightly but Katy hasn't seemed to. She doesn't strike me as a nasty person, but maybe slightly catty.

Also, she is bisexual. She's talked about it before, but has never said the word "bisexual", and like so many other HW bisexuals, only dates men.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sulala wrote: »
    Ur So Gay was a song about a ex who was metrosexual, so she was saying he seemed so gay, but he's not. Kind of insensitive looking back on it now, but not the super offensive homophobic thing people think it is.

Katy doesn't strike me as the type of person who's a super mean girl, but more somebody who likes to be funny, and sometimes makes jokes that are insensitive. Her humor seems to be stuck in a place that was acceptable 15 years ago. That comment about Britney, nobody would've batted an eyelid about that 10/15 years ago and people would have laughed at it. Now it's not ok to make jokes like that, we've progressed as a society slightly but Katy hasn't seemed to. She doesn't strike me as a nasty person, but maybe slightly catty.

Also, she is bisexual. She's talked about it before, but has never said the word "bisexual", and like so many other HW bisexuals, only dates men.

Doesn't sound very bisexual to me :confused:
  • Options
    eff_imdbeff_imdb Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    When lack of food and sleep kicks in who knows
  • Options
    cromwellcromwell Posts: 2,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »

He must have known that before he married her so why go ahead? Did he use her to try and raise his profile in Hollywood?
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She certainly has her knockers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    cromwell wrote: »
    I think Brand resented her for standing up to him by not having children straight away, taking a photo of her with no makeup and putting it on Twitter was brutal. He seems to have found himself a doormat now, which is the kind of female he can handle.

While I agree that putting a photo of her with no make up on without her permission seems unnecesaary, I don't know if I'd call it brutal. It's so sad that a woman without make up on is seen as a bad thing by the media (not you, cromwell, just in general) :(
  • Options
    thirstyelephantthirstyelephant Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can do no wrong in my eyes. Much better than Swift.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amen
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not the eyes you hear with though, is it?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hmVt0MDVzVw
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not the eyes you hear with though, is it?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hmVt0MDVzVw

Tbh, I never plan on seeing her live, so I'm fine with her strained live vocals.
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Zarla wrote: »
    There was a lot of fuss about her stealing Taylor Swift's backing dancers back in 2014 -don't know how much truth was behind it.

They were mid-tour, Taylor had given them a work and they left at Katy's beckon call.

The idea that Bad Blood is about Katy is a media fantasy, which Katy has milked. Because Bad Blood is about someone that Taylor was close too, and she and Katy were never close. Taylor says it is about someone she had a relationship with. "Baby, we had mad love"
    Taylor did mention that Katy took her dancers back but Katy is the one made herself a victim and she has done well out of it.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/taylor-swift-reveals-bad-blood-song-not-about-katy-perry-ex-boyfriend-1524462

Taylor swift has the biggest victim complex going and its worked for her. We all see her s "poor taylor" when shes more like in charge of the Mean Girls
  • Options
    Adam_ReyesAdam_Reyes Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Not bad. Want to impress with glamour rather than music.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foox wrote: »
    milliejo wrote: »
    Zarla wrote: »
    There was a lot of fuss about her stealing Taylor Swift's backing dancers back in 2014 -don't know how much truth was behind it.

They were mid-tour, Taylor had given them a work and they left at Katy's beckon call.

The idea that Bad Blood is about Katy is a media fantasy, which Katy has milked. Because Bad Blood is about someone that Taylor was close too, and she and Katy were never close. Taylor says it is about someone she had a relationship with. "Baby, we had mad love"
    Taylor did mention that Katy took her dancers back but Katy is the one made herself a victim and she has done well out of it.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/taylor-swift-reveals-bad-blood-song-not-about-katy-perry-ex-boyfriend-1524462

Taylor swift has the biggest victim complex going and its worked for her. We all see her s "poor taylor" when shes more like in charge of the Mean Girls

It don't think she does..She is not different from most other singer/songwriters, she writes about her personal life. Ed Sheeran, Adele, Sam Smith, Sia (writes about her mental healthy battles), Beyonce have all used their lives for their music. I am not sure why Taylor has the biggest victim complex, she seems to be happiest single and she has disappeared completely for now. And the so called "Taylor Squad" are all friends with each other, not just Taylor. Selena, Lily Alderidge, Ed Sheeran have been close friends for years. They are models, musicians, actors and her friends she has had since school. They are support network, they are not people that go to clubs, do cocaine, fall out of clubs drunk. Taylor has managed to get to 27 and no fall into any of the traps that so many others have, her weakness if she tends to go for men that are womanisers but I also think she is not going to want to settle down for a few years. She has not needed to be political or controversial to sell her music. She is even close to her parents, rather than using music to offend them.
    Being truthful about her break ups isn't about "poor Taylor", it is just her life and the things that she has learnt from it. As for Katy, I am not sure she has any friends, she is often down right rude to people and her fans love her for it.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member

That's not fair though. That's comparing petty theft to murder.