[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    I agree with you,

I think I'm actually glad it is indeed only a 3 part reunion not a 4 part,
    How unbelievable is Juicy? If he opens his mouth then to me he's lying. All of them ganging up on Tre is nauseating. Caroline with her halo polished and her snide remaks sotto vocce (I bet that;s completely the wrong spelling. Unlike Caroline I am completely non Italian ;) ) is the biggest hypocrite of them all. When did I bully you (screech over and over again) is easy. You did it right through the Reunion.
    Melissa is slightly better but I wish Tre wouldn't give them so much ammunition. She doesn't help herself at all.
    But if I put myself in her position I might come out firing on all cylinders.
    It's painful to listen to - literally if you haven't got ear plugs. What a totally screwed up bunch this lot are. Talk about "will do anything for fame" whoredom.
    Seriously, do any of us know a bunch like this in real life? If I did, and I dont! I'd run a mile. Dina did the right thing.

And, as you say Bumblesquat there's 8 small children who will watch their parents lie, cuss and scream at each other and accuse them of having affairs all over the place. Think of the kids. :mad:

So next week the men and that harridan, Kim D join them. Should be fun.

:rolleyes:

I agree about Dina. Getting out when she did was the smartest move. Teresa's table flip should've been a giant red flag for anyone involved - once that moment happened, you just knew producers would try every trick in the book to top it.

As for this reunion - don't get me wrong, I'm loving the drama. It's why we watch these shows. But it is kind of like a chore to watch a 40 minute episode where everyone is shouting over each other, with insults and accusations. NJ housewives are probably the most volatile - and they're the first I'd watched in the franchise so I'll always have a ''thing'' for it.

I forgot to mention Jacqueline 'revealing' how Teresa had caught Juicy Joe with a secretary or babysitter on the desk in his office! I say 'revealing' as I'm not sure if she was just lying. The look of horror on Caroline's face when she said it was interesting - was it a ''why is she bringing this up?'' look or a ''why is she making this up?'' look? Season 5 should be interesting - if there's a new piece of info revealed on the reunion, it'll probably be a storyline in the following season.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, so I just watched part 2 of NJ reunion. Lunacy, total lunacy!

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the crazy drama of it all- but OMG these women are an embaressment. The worst thing is that they are all family. I totally agree with those saying about the kids and how they are going to see this one day- look at Gia (Tres eldest) shes already more than aware of the total trainwreck her family is and I just think its really sad, what age is she, about 12?! She shouldnt be dealing with all this at her age. The Gorga/Giudices need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I really dont mind Melissa, and I dont think shes as bad as Tre wants us all to believe. They are as bad as each other though. Unfortunately for Tre, Melissa knows when to stop, and keep her mouth shut. Tre just cant, she has to keep hammering her point home and it makes her look worse. Having said that though, I would come out swinging aswell if I was faced with the total vitriol that is levelled at her on this reunion. I felt for her though when Juicy came out, the whole atmosphere just changed and he really is a vile man. I dont believe for a min that he was talking to an "old friend" during that phonecall. Bullsh*t :mad: I hope Tre wises up and leaves him, I really do.

I was cringeing for Tre when she demanded a "sing off" with Melissa :eek: Oh Tre, just Shhhh!! And the she started yelling for people to bring her food so that she could prepare it from scratch :D

Next week is the last, and I think thats good. But we have to deal with that hard faced witch Kim D. Please Andy, dont bring her on as a Housewife for season 5! :eek:

On the up side, a few weeks and Atlanta will be back! Im so looking forward to that :D and BH aswell, though I could do without another seaon of Taylor!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    It's funny having the two reunions on consecutive nights as they were really two worlds apart. RHONJ is just sad to see family and friends fight like this and while the drama is good Bravo knows that the show cannot continue like this for season 5. IMO Caroline and Jacqueline should leave the show, Kathy be downgraded to 'friend' and 3 new housewives brought in. Although I think Caroline and Kathy are going to not be housewives next season for sure. Caroline has been horrible this season but I couldn't help liking her a few points this reunion. She has the balls to say that she didn't like who she became on Season four which is more then Teresa will ever admit to. I think I would like Teresa more if she didn't put up such walls around herself when some things are obviously not great in her life and if she truly believes that Juicy Joe was talking to a work friend in Napa then I actually feel really sorry for her because he is a loser and she needs to dump his ass quick! I'm still undecided about Melissa tbh, I cannot work out if she is just a really good actress or just pretending to be the innocent sister in law. She did make a good point about her & Kathy joining the show though (Like Teresa would of said no if it had been reversed?) They were joining the real housewives, not 'The Teresa Show' but obviously if Teresa had not been there they would not of been asked. Does that make sense? lol Anway I cannot wait for this season to end tbh. Do you realise this has been airing since APRIL? :eek:

The RHONY reunion was a lot calmer then previous years I thought. I suppose they were on their best behavior considering what happened after last years reunion (Btw Jill Zarin is going on Watch What Happens Live next Monday for anyone who can catch that) But wasn't Luann a total bitch? Over reaction much? lol yes Carole did say some not very nice comments but I don't think she meant them maliciously but the whole argument was silly tbh. Aviva's story is sad but tbh I want crazy Aviva or no Aviva tbh. I cannot stand the neurotic/apologetic/boring Aviva. If she comes back she needs to go cray-cray again (Maybe no one put up banners for when she arrives? :D) Theres not much else to say really. I loved Heather though in the reunion and if Sonja does what I think she does next week, I will be so angry with that bitch and hope Heather takes her down! :mad:

Is anyone watching RHOM? I'm loving this season :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimkam_kim wrote: »

I'm getting into it now. It's much better than Season 1, that's for sure.

I pretty much agree with all you've said. Personally I'd ditch Aviva, she doesn't "gel" while I've hated Lu since S1 so the sooner she and her utter lack of class haul her sorry backside off into the real world, out of HoWives bubbleland, the better.
    She's a stirrer, snob, hypocrite and so much more. I still cant think what Bravo were thinking when they axed Jill and kept Luann. :mad:

Heather is the future of this franchise. Mind I think some parts are beginning to look stale in all of them except Atlanta and Miami.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree with all you've said. Personally I'd ditch Aviva, she doesn't "gel" while I've hated Lu since S1 so the sooner she and her utter lack of class haul her sorry backside off into the real world, out of HoWives bubbleland, the better.
    She's a stirrer, snob, hypocrite and so much more. I still cant think what Bravo were thinking when they axed Jill and kept Luann. :mad:

Love Lu or hate her she is brilliant with her 'class' & hypocrisy. I just don't understand why she was quiet all season and now the reunion she has a lot to say. I liked how she was the only housewive who admitted to being sad about 'the girls' not coming back this season, unlike Ramona & sonja. I do agree she needs to go though unless Jill comes back because the only time she was any good to watch was when she was with Jill & Kelly..who I'd LOVE to see back! But if she is leaving she can take Sonja with her. I've had enough of her. Aviva can go too, can't be bothered listening to another season of her moaning. Bravo should bring Jill & Kelly back.
    Forum Member
    Has a housewife ever returned to a show? And not just a one-off appearance, but with a full-on Housewife status?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D LOVE it! Its much better than season 1 and I think its really starting to find its stride now. Hope Bravo keep it around. I love Adrianna, and Lisa is fun to watch.

Looking forward to catching up with last nights ep.

Ive watched the first part of the NY Reunion now, and pretty much agree with everything tally, kimkam and Andrew_Duncan have said.

Agreed tally Heather is the future of this franchise and she needs to be brought back next season. I love her, wasnt sure of her at first, but she is the star of this for me. The reunion was good, as has been said, definately calmer than previous reunions, and dare I say, Aviva was much more tolerable on this :o I still think shes crazy, and seriously needs to get over herself, but at least she had the good grace to admit she was "unhinged" in St Barths. I can see Bravo maybe wanting her back next season, but I dont think she will.

Ooh and Luann, the classless Countess came out her shell again didnt she. Shes been fairly background all season but found her voice again with the reunion. Im undecided on Lu, I cant stand her so I dont think Id miss her if she didnt come back, but then, theres something about her that just works on NY I think. I do feel shes perhaps a bit surplus to requirements now though, and Im not sure what her "storyline" is anymore- lets face it, NOBODY cared about her delusions of pregnancy ;) As If!! Theres more chance of Lu starting menopause than getting pregnant.

Can I just ask, what the Hell is Ramona wearing on the reunion?! :eek: The woman has absolutely no taste or flair for style whatsoever! Its hideous, she looks like shes constantly stuck in the late 80s/90s with her hideous cocktail dresses! I actually really liked Sonja's dress :o shes looking good. And I loved Heathers shoes.
    Has a housewife ever returned to a show? And not just a one-off appearance, but with a full-on Housewife status?

I dont think there have, there have been a few who have come back as "friends" or to make the occasional guest appearance, but I dont think as a proper "full time" Housewife.
    I dont see why they couldnt, but I think it would depend on the manner in which they left the show originally. I mean, if they left of their own choice then I guess Bravo could ask them back if they wanted to. But if they were shown the door by producers then Id think they are gone.

Take Jill from NY as an example. I think a lot of viewers would like to see her back on NY, and in fairness, maybe even the producers wouldnt mind having her back. Love or hate Jill, she was fabulous on that show and she always brought drama. I was shocked when she was "let go", but sadly I dont see them bringing her back, that would be like admitting they made a mistake in the first place by letting her go and I dont see them doing that. Personally Id love to see her back on NY, of all of them she was the one who really shouldnt have been fired. Kelly however, was a certified crazy and I dont miss her at all.

Im going to make sure I catch Jills ep of Watch What Happens Live next week. Im intrigued to see what she has to say! :D
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been re-watching the NY shows from series 1 being shown on ITV2. It all looks so err dated. I think because there is so much scene setting and the women are all introducing themselves.It is a bit stilted.

I just wanted to remind myself of how they all knew each other to start with. I love all the "so I decided to introduce... to.. " stuff. Interestingly Jill said on the first show that she and Ramona had known each other for a few years but not closely and "never had lunch together or anything like that", but this was not the impression either of them give in later shows with all the "We have been friends for years so it hurts.. etc etc".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
    Can I just ask, what the Hell is Ramona wearing on the reunion?! The woman has absolutely no taste or flair for style whatsoever! Its hideous, she looks like shes constantly stuck in the late 80s/90s with her hideous cocktail dresses! I actually really liked Sonja's dress shes looking good. And I loved Heathers shoes.

Just had to quote you on this bit Sassy It's been bugging me since I watched it, butyou've got it! She's "The Poison Dwarf" aka Charlene Tilton ( I think it was Terry Wogan who nicknamed her that), from "Dallas". Or maybe Sue-Ellen because they're both lushes. Do we ever see Ramona without a glass of her ruddy PG in her hands? Free advertising cant be working, because no one would want to identify with Ramona.................would they? Bethenny, yes but most certainly not R.

And sadly "No"I dont think they've ever bought anyone back. Shame, NY screams out for Jill to rejoin.
    Forum Member
    I have been re-watching the NY shows from series 1 being shown on ITV2. It all looks so err dated. I think because there is so much scene setting and the women are all introducing themselves.It is a bit stilted.

I agree with this. It does look ''dated'' - and by ''dated'' I mean it doesn't look glossy in comparison to how it is today.

I only watched the first few episodes of season 1 recently, but what really irritated me was Alex McCord. All she was interested in was social climbing. She only seemed to be interested in meeting new people if their high social status could benefit her.

And as for Ramona's daughter Avery. Has there ever been such an irritating child on these shows?! She was like Mary Whitehouse in a 12 year old's body.
    Forum Member
    So I just watched Part 3 of the NJ renunion. There was the usual shouting and insults flying. But this was probably the saddest of the 3 part reunion - mainly because Teresa and her brother clearly desperately want to go back to how they were. You don't get that emotional and passionate if you just don't care anymore.

I think Bravo producers are hating this. Whilst it's great drama, gets good ratings and brings in the cha-ching, they don't want to be responsible for a family falling apart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad, just sad. I agree Bumblesquat you dont get that het up if there's not an awful lot of emotion there. If Melissa wasn't such a golddigger ( surely she's not with him for his looks, charm and neverending demands for sex? ) and Tre could just shut the hell up and listen, there might be hope. Juicy's never going to have her back. One thing Caroline and I agree on- those two need to split up.

After 4 Seasons I still have a lot of time for Chris Laurito. He comes out of it with dignity, unlike Jaq who has turned into a complete fishwife.

The rest of the men are as bad as the women, with most of the screeching between Jaq and Tre. Melissa tries to be beyond it but keeps letting her mask slip.

I dont think Caroline will be back. I wish they'd get rid of Joey- so he used to a Chippendale? Not that that's my scene but I thought they had to be tall? Though with his non stop bragging there's only one part of his body he thinks about. :rolleyes:
    He and Juicy really turn me off, lock Juicy up and gag Little Joe or censor him.

So that's it for another year. I cant say I enjoyed it. It was way too bullying, argumentative and just downright sleazy at times. Let's hope they come back with a better cast and that Teresa learns not to have foot in mouth disease. She's the stand out personality. I want to like her and root for her, but boy, she makes it hard. :(

Is anyone else dying to know what the big feud around Dina is? I've searched but cant get an answer. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The part3 of the reunion was horrible, especially with Melissa and Jaq bringing up the kids. Tre needs to leave Juicy Joe fast. It's a catch 22 because I want them all back next season except Jaq as for all Carolines a bitch she does talk sense sometimes and is the only one to attempt to diffuse a situation thats went way to far. I hope next seasons better. Hope Dina comes back, can't see it though.
    Is anyone else dying to know what the big feud around Dina is? I've searched but cant get an answer. :confused:

I'm the exact same Tally. My guess is that Caroline wanted Dina to take her side against Tre like Jaq done but Dina didn't so Caroline took the huff and pushed Dina away and now she's regretting it but Dinas having none of it. I think Chis may have just got caught in the crossfire trying to sort the situation out. Just my guess but who knows..maybe next season eh?
    Forum Member
    I'm the exact same Tally. My guess is that Caroline wanted Dina to take her side against Tre like Jaq done but Dina didn't so Caroline took the huff and pushed Dina away and now she's regretting it but Dinas having none of it. I think Chis may have just got caught in the crossfire trying to sort the situation out. Just my guess but who knows..maybe next season eh?

From the various stories I've read (I'll try to condense it) ...

If you remember when Dina was on the show, she ran a charity called Project Ladybug. She made it seem like she was the blood, sweat and tears behind it - when in reality it was a charity set up by all of the Laurita sisters. Caroline and Cookie (another sibling who has appeared on the show once or twice) let her have the glory when discussing it on the show. Anyway, after Dina left the show, Jacqueline allegedly posed as a ''source'' for a story in the media about how the charity wasn't legit, after a mistake on a tax form had cropped up. This mistake was being rectified.

Jacqueline doing that obviously annoyed Dina - and that's why they no longer speak. But because Chris Laurita or Caroline didn't back her up over it, she fell out with them too.

Now it seems Caroline and Jacqueline believe Teresa has been stirring the pot and trying to make things worse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Here's the WWHL episode with Jill from last night. She is seriously deluded :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qc_-5wbSlJ4
  • RecurringRecurring Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Here's the WWHL episode with Jill from last night. She is seriously deluded :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qc_-5wbSlJ4

Watching this now, it's slightly surreal how narcissistic and plain deluded she is. I've never seen someone make so many excuses in my life. If this is what they had to deal with behind the scenes it doesn't surprise me that she got dropped, Andy looks plain confused at some of the rubbish she was coming out with.

Just watched the New Jersey reunion part 3 too, it's kind of sad that it's come to what it has. Out of the different RHs I've seen, I'd say NJ is the best all round but it's frankly depressing to go from seeing them all getting on as a close family together (ie. the RV trip before the last night) to screaming and lunging for each other (the reunion). Unless Teresa sees the light and becomes a bit more grounded, I hope they drop her next season. Another Teresa vs Everyone season would just be tedious and it'd allow the others to shine a bit more. I hope they keep Kathy, she probably had the least screentime but she seems the most genuine housewife on there. I'm not a massive fan of Caroline but her family provide a lot of light relief that the show desperately needs, and I hope Jacqueline sticks around (though I don't think she herself any favours with her behaviour at the reunion). As for Melissa, I found Joe entertaining but I can take or leave her. I always found something disingenuous about her but couldn't put my finger on it and even though Tre's disdain for her seemed irrational, I could kind of see where she was coming from. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey! That was interesting. I thought Jill let rip through the behind the scenes and machinations of the producers. Quite an eye opener.

I think there's going to be some major cast changes on NJ. They cant have another season like this one. Yes we want to have the crazy, but this is family that's being torn apart with lots of young kids involved.

Just watched the second part of NY Reunion. Pretty normal, even Aviva was reasonable. It certainly didn't leave Lu looking good though. I really hope she's got the chop.

Miami is hotting up! Man, those males are sexist pigs at times and the two camps the woman have split into could be interesting.
    Believe it or not I dont know all their names yet :o. I took a long time to get into it and am still trying to get the dynamics behind them all. I'm not clued up on all the back gossip with this franchise. So I need to get reading some blogs and articles and acquaint myself with all of them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Jill on WWHL. Still love her, she's just fabulous. Loved how she kept putting him on the spot and called him out over Bethenny. Shame he couldn't admit they were wrong for firing her though and pretending the season was a success was ridiculous, everyone knew the ratings have fallen. For Andy to try blame Jill for the toxicity of the show was dumb. For me she was comedic.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Jill on WWHL. Still love her, she's just fabulous. Loved how she kept putting him on the spot and called him out over Bethenny. Shame he couldn't admit they were wrong for firing her though and pretending the season was a success was ridiculous, everyone knew the ratings have fallen. For Andy to try blame Jill for the toxicity of the show was dumb. For me she was comedic.

Please excuse my ignorance, what is WWHL?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please excuse my ignorance, what is WWHL?

Watch What Happens Live... It's Andy Cohen's Chat Show.:D
  • RecurringRecurring Posts: 287
    Forum Member

I don't think she really called him out on anything, she sounded ridiculous and she's been pretty widely panned for the rubbish she was coming out with. I agree that he may as well have conceded the latest NY series hasn't been great. I don't think he attributed the toxicity on Jill specifically either, just that the hostility was the reason for the cast change. It would have been nice for him to give a straight answer for dropping her but I think the truth is she was getting too big for her boots and had an inflated sense of self importance as evidenced in the interview and the only thing she really contributed in her last few seasons was drama, and not really entertaining drama at that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a bit to catch up with as havent had a chance to post in a few days.

So, NJ is over for another season. Im glad :D I havent enjoyed this season in general, except for the odd few eps, and even thats usually due to the frankly shocking things these women say and do to each other :eek:

They all really, really need to take a long hard look at themselves. Is fame on a reality tv show really worth selling your soul and exposing your disastrous family relationships to the masses? Im looking at Tre and Melissa specifically with that one! The sad thing is they are family, and they are ripping each other to shreds, exposing all sorts of nastiness about each other that really shouldnt be aired on camera, and they bring the kids into it! Its great drama, I admit. But its just not very classy behaviour is it?

So at the end of the reunion, I like Tre (sort of) though she doesnt make it easy and I wish she could just learn to keep her mouth shut at times. Melissa, unfortunately, plays that game MUCH better than Tre which is why its easy to paint Tre as the trouble. I feel bad for her and her brother- its so true, you just dont get that angry and crazy if you dont care about each other anymore :cry: Its a shame what that family has done to each other. Tre, please wise up and get a clue and leave Juicy :mad: the man is odious beyond belief.
    The only NJ husband I have any time for is Chris Laurita. He came across well on the reunion, which made a change considering Joey Gorga and Juicy acted as bad as the women!

I have to agree with Chris when he said they all act as if being a stripper is as bas as being a serial killer! Well said. I honestly couldnt care less if Melissa, or Jac was a stripper before. There are worse things! Jac however, I think the lady doth protest too much! She was a lunatic on this reunion and clearly those Xanax she was apparently popping didnt work! she really needs to get a grip of herself. And Kim D....well she seemed to get off pretty lightly I thought. She is desperate to be a houewife Im sure of it.

I think big changes are needed for next season though, I dont see Melissa or Tre going anywhere, but the others I think have had their time. Caroline, although not as bad on the reunion as she has been on the show, really needs to go now. I dont think I could watch her and her awful attitude for another season.

I did laugh that for all the accusations of stripping being thrown around, it was actually Joe Gorga who was a chippendale :D I dont really see the appeal myself, hes a munchkin and a total creep. But Im not surprised either!

I also caught the WWHL with Jill Zarin. Hmmm......she was very much the Jill we remember I thought. Some of the things she came out with defy belief though, and shes as utterly deluded as she ever was. She certainly has a high opinion of herself aswell! Ive been quite honest in saying that I never liked her, but I found her entertaining on the show, but after watching this its made me realise that actually I dont want her back on the show. She needs to get over herself and let it all go.

When she was talking to Andy about Bethenny, and she said that Bethenny told Jason on her show she was done with him, yet she got over it. Jill thinks the same rules should have applied to her and Bethenny. Shes ridiculous. The diff is, Beth is married to him and they have a kid. Jill is just some crazy witch she was on a tv show with! I doubt she gives Jill much of a thought these days.

It was interesting what she said about the producers though, and what goes on behind the scenes.

Havent had a chance to catch part 2 of the NY reunion yet, but will post when I do.

Still to catch up on last weeks Miami aswell, but Im absolutely loving it :D Its turned into a fab show. Really enjoying it.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch What Happens Live... It's Andy Cohen's Chat Show.:D

Muchas gracias! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, so I just caught up with last weeks Miami and wanted to post my thoughts.

Firstly, Im loving this show more and more every week. Its vastly improved on last season and I think the cast is great. The drama is really starting to ramp up now and you can see the battle lines being formed among the ladies.

Karent (Im with Alexia, drop the "t"- just who is she trying to convince?! :rolleyes:) there really is just something of the desperado about her is there not? I just feel shes so incredibly fake most of the time, and I dont even know where to start on her and her boyfriend. Ive no doubt shes invested in the relationship, but I have a feeling that when hes "travelling" hes doing a lot more than that! She mut have these suspicions herself though, even if she wont admit it, her behaviour with him is so cringey :o Its like "Look at us, we are the perfect couple, and sooo in love!" Girl needs to get a clue.

Also, at Lisas event, when she kept butting in on everyones conversations, laughing too loudly and trying to be involved in everything. She needs to calm down!

Talking of, did anyone notice that guy Thomas at Lisas event was the same one from RHOA?! :D I think it was season 3 of Atlanta, when the ladies went to Miami and Kim and Nene had their big bust up on the bus, it was this Thomas house that they were staying at. He was a "friend" of Kims, and I think it was hinted he was another of her Big Poppas lol He gets around doesnt he, he obviously has a thing for "real housewives" :p

I loved that scene where Lisa and her maid were bathing her dogs! The dogs were so cute, and i loved when Lisa was blow-drying the little pomeranian :p

Looking forward to tonights ep, looks like its going to kick off at Alexias party with Karent and some of the ladies!

p.s, this ep really made me want a holiday in Miami again. The place that Lea had her food tasting was the Fontainebleau resort and thats where my boyfriend & I stayed last year when I was there, its gorgeous- and now I really want to go back! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when Atlanta's back on?