Simpsons Hit & Run

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Great game but what are you going to do with the petition?
    EA already cancelled a sequel to The Simpsons game last year and that sold way more than Hit & Run...

Probably bring their attention to it (Radical) or whoever could make it happen ;)
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little naive, there... EA have the rights to Simpsons stuff currently, have done since 2005, so it's up to them who develops for the licence. Vivendi published H&R so, possibly, own the specific IP and Radical are now owned by Activision, too, as well as being tied up with Prototype. They won't be going back to do a sequel to H&R any time soon, if ever.

Also, 50k names won't swing it. Even if all those 50k names bought the game for £30 that would only make £1.5 million which probably wouldn't even equate to any profit nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this game, a sequel would be great.
    Forum Member
    Bump...
    Forum Member
    Bump...

Anyone else signed it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Bump...

Anyone else signed it?

Dude, you're looking desperate. Also, no response to post #28?
    Forum Member
    A little naive, there... EA have the rights to Simpsons stuff currently, have done since 2005, so it's up to them who develops for the licence. Vivendi published H&R so, possibly, own the specific IP and Radical are now owned by Activision, too, as well as being tied up with Prototype. They won't be going back to do a sequel to H&R any time soon, if ever.

Also, 50k names won't swing it. Even if all those 50k names bought the game for £30 that would only make £1.5 million which probably wouldn't even equate to any profit nowadays.

Other companies can still help with game development, I think it's happened before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not making any sense, there. How would another company getting involved help matters? Everything has to go through EA already.

The current situation is that two, possibly three, rival publishers would have to do a deal over the specific IP and a completely different dev team would then have to handle it, after a sequel to a subsequent, and better selling, IP involving The Simpsons has already been cancelled.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this game! Great fun as a standalone title, but it also had lots of details and inside-jokes for Simpsons fans. By far the best Simpsons game out there!

I always remember back in the day, taking the rocket car through the Stonecutters tunnel and glitch flying through the roof and seeing lots of the town. I was unaware of the "no car damage" cheat at the time, and spent hours on end trying to do it again to prove a point to my brother, but just couldn't get back there without totalling the rocket lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Simpsons is still worth a lot; it's baffling that there's been no sequel to this game. As a standalone game it's not brilliant, but for even a passing fan of the franchise the references and familiarity make it a very memorable experience. I'd love another one certainly.

EDIT: I didn't even read the previous reply; how weirdly similar :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean, that happened to me with the original Spyro trilogy. Loved the games as a kid, but playing Spyro 1 again recently, it didn't hold my attention quite like it used to, perhaps because it was overly familiar and not that challenging.

However the music is still brilliant and I'm happy to have it on my iPod. :D
    Spyro 1 has dated pretty badly; it seems short, easy and pretty shallow, but 2 and 3 still stand up really well. Not as bad visually either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plastik2k9 wrote: »
    Spyro 1 has dated pretty badly; it seems short, easy and pretty shallow, but 2 and 3 still stand up really well. Not as bad visually either.

I haven't played 2 or 3 recently but I reckon I'd agree with you if I did. This is gonna sound slightly ridiculous but I recently ordered Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly, which should arrive by the weekend. I just wanted to experience how bad it is for myself. :p But hey, I only paid £4 for it so it'd be no big loss anyway. ;)

P.S. Despite not enjoying Spyro 1 so much nowadays, I do still have the game's music on my iPod, it's a great soundtrack IMO. :)
    Forum Member
    Almost forgot about this thread :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because it's pointless? Apart from folk reminiscing about the game...
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a fantastic game, easily one of my favs of all time. There isn't a single thing about the game i don't like. Looking for collectibles is usually annoying but with this game it's great fun.

A sequel would be brilliant.

They should make HD version on Xbox 360/PS3, i reckon it would do very well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That petition isn't doing so well :p

I doubt it will work anyway but one thing you could do is find a video on youtube of this game and link the petition in a comment. I would love to see a sequel to this game so a petition couldn't hurt.
    Forum Member
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    That petition isn't doing so well :p

I doubt it will work anyway but one thing you could do is find a video on youtube of this game and link the petition in a comment. I would love to see a sequel to this game so a petition couldn't hurt.

Only because I never bumped this thread enough :p

As you mentioned, HD graphics would be brilliant.
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who couldn't skip that pesky last mission?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    The eBay sellers are saying that it may not work on 360, does anyone play this game on a 360 with success?

I have played it on the XBox 360. I purchased it for £1 from a charity shop in November.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidlees wrote: »
    I have played it on the XBox 360. I purchased it for £1 from a charity shop in November.

It's on the compatibility list but not at 60hz, apparently.
    Forum Member
    davidlees wrote: »

Surely it's a lot more valuable than that (in my eyes).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it's a lot more valuable than that (in my eyes).

A few months ago i couldn't find this game on the PS2 for any less than £5 on ebay, usually PS2 games go for about £2 these days.

He did say he got it in a charity shop though so it's no surprise it went for £1. You never know what bargain you are going to find in a charity shop, sometime last year i got the Sims 3 on the PC for £1 in my local charity shop, now that is a bargain :D
    Forum Member
    What do you think of online multiplayer in missions?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EA already cancelled a sequel to The Simpsons game last year and that sold way more than Hit & Run...

Seriously? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Seriously? :(

That's typical EA for you. If they ain't going to bother making any more Simpsons games then they may as well sell the rights to someone else. There is always room for a Simpsons game :D