How **** long have you been watching Big Brother?

Comments

• Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    The beginning.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I geneuinely think I've watched every single episode. I could easily name every housemate if I saw a picture of them all.

I need to get a life
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If DS is representative of the viewing public at large (it probably isn't) the poll suggests the series is hanging onto loyal fans rather than attracting new ones.
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Since series 1 episode 1

...what did you put in the title that got starred out?
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First series I watched was BB5 and then every series since then.
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since 2006 BB7 but there is no option for that.
  • ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Since BB2 and watched all of the following C4 BBs. Didn't watch C5 until a couple of years ago and mainly CBB.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Sada's eviction.
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He also told rather a lot of lies. Remember the dead wife and his Armed forces past?

He was good tv though

Maybe he just had a very bad memory :D. In the overall scale of things though Nick wasn't anywhere near as bad as some of his successors.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    If DS is representative of the viewing public at large (it probably isn't) the poll suggests the series is hanging onto loyal fans rather than attracting new ones.

I think there's a large core of original fans who vote in moderation.

Then we have a very large 'new wave' every year - some stay - some don't come back (most don't bother with this place or don't know about it) - they just get behind someone and vote like mad - I think that's why this forum is often un representative.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of an obsessive from day one but started losing interest when it went to ch5. Didn't watch the last couple of series as I find the new format boring.

Did enjoy bb17 though so might check out the next civilian but if I'm not interested I'll turn over - I'm not hooked anymore.

Never been fussed on CBB so only watched it on and off - mostly off - when the notion took me but can never really get into it at all.

I loved the old BB format but reality TV has moved on and I can't see it grabbing ratings nowadays...unless this scripted reality goes full circle and burns itself out and they eventually feel the need to reinvent the wheel.
  • M_J2M_J2 Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I geneuinely think I've watched every single episode. I could easily name every housemate if I saw a picture of them all.

I need to get a life

Nothing too wrong with that, shows you got a very good memory. ;-)
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Since BB 2. I haven't been a regular viewer since C5 took over and we lost 24/7 live feed.
  • clippaclippa Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Since series 2.
    Thought I was above it all, series 1.
    Watching series 2, I quickly realised that I wasn't.

I still have vague memories of Elizabeth Woodcock dancing in a stripey jumper that just touched the top of her thighs though that might have been a dream.
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the first one although I've watched more sporadically the last 3 or 4 years. This series has been more irritation and aggravation than entertainment though so may well be my last. There always is that element to it of course but usually there are/were lighter or more interesting moments in it too. IF it were to go back to being more like the original series than I would stick with it but I can't see that happening.
  • clippaclippa Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Such a shame that "big brother on mars" thing fell through - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2965182/No-Big-Brother-red-planet-Endemol-axe-plans-reality-TV-record-life-Mars-One-explorers-documentary-made.html

That would be a kick up the arse for any flagging TV show :D
  • PotNoodleMonkeyPotNoodleMonkey Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched bits of series 1 & 2. Then watched from series 3 to about 7. then my interest started to peter out because of the deluge of famewhores since. Did watch the one with Dan Neal in it, 2012 was it? But, that's it really.

Have watched CBB for maybe 3-4 years on and off. So, all in all, I've probably missed out on nearly 80% that has been shown over the past 16 years. So, I'm probably going to be a strong candidate of not watching at all if this current CBB is anything to go by. It's why I don't follow the civvy BB. Also, I do like Emma Willis (although I didn't watch her much on BOTS), but if she left (which is probably a good thing now), I'd follow suit tbh.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single episode since Day 1. I now know no-one in 'real life' who watches it. It's my secret. :blush:

We're not who the makers of this show want, though.

We're too old. We don't particularly want to watch sex non-stop (the odd bit of :o is OK). We like the quieter conversations and the quieter contestants mixed in with the explosions of temper and the loud mouths. We want to see ALL the housemates equally. We want challenging, thoughtful tasks that produce spontaneous, memorable moments. We want the privacy of the Diary Room to be sacrosanct. We want everyone to know the difference between 'nomination' and 'eviction'. We want straight-forward nominations and the rules on how many noms puts you on the chopping block set in stone. We want housemates who need neither subtitles nor psychiatric evaluation.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,177
    Forum Member
    Since the second week of the first one in 2000 - i was on holiday when it launched and had friends telling me about it as soon as i got back to the Country. Saw the first nominations and evictions (Sada) though as they waited 2 weeks to chuck the first one out back then.

Watched religiously until BB8 (2007 - the Brian Belo one) after which i rather lost the faith just dipped in and out for the rest of the Ch4 time though i did catch most of the last series which Josie won.

I haven't watched any of the civilian ones on Ch5.

I've watched every Celeb one since the start except for the one a couple of years ago with James Jordan which i turned off purely because of him as I can't stand the man.

I'm seriously doubting whether i'll bother again though. The seeming acceptance that the housemate who puts in the 'best performance' should be the winner is such a betrayal of the original concept to me (that you'd see true, honest interactions as their fronts were stripped away from being in such an alien environment for weeks) that i just don't see the point of it.

Plus, the in my opinion, dubious morality, of having somebody that has, either by their genuine personality or show personae, made most of the housemates time almost unbearable idea of 'fun' and 'what makes a good show' and, depressingly, that so many people have voted for it.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,177
    Forum Member
    Every single episode since Day 1. I now know no-one in 'real life' who watches it. It's my secret. :blush:

We're not who the makers of this show want, though.

We're too old. We don't particularly want to watch sex non-stop (the odd bit of :o is OK). We like the quieter conversations and the quieter contestants mixed in with the explosions of temper and the loud mouths. We want to see ALL the housemates equally. We want challenging, thoughtful tasks that produce spontaneous, memorable moments. We want the privacy of the Diary Room to be sacrosanct. We want everyone to know the difference between 'nomination' and 'eviction'. We want straight-forward nominations and the rules on how many noms puts you on the chopping block set in stone. We want housemates who need neither subtitles nor psychiatric evaluation.

Amen to this.

We're never going to get it again though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M_J2 wrote: »
    Nothing too wrong with that, shows you got a very good memory. ;-)

This show has been a big part of my life since I was 13, I was gutted when I saw the scripted video, I never wanted to admit to myself that that is how it's going now, I'm probably one of the very few old timers who wanted bear to win though :blush:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Amen to this.

We're never going to get it again though.

It's really sad that anyone who's not of a certain demographic isnt deemed the target audience anymore. .
  • Wainy84Wainy84 Posts: 12,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    This show has been a big part of my life since I was 13, I was gutted when I saw the scripted video, I never wanted to admit to myself that that is how it's going now, I'm probably one of the very few old timers who wanted bear to win though :blush:

Old timers. I wish I was 13 when I got hooked.:D
  • kat_mieowwkat_mieoww Posts: 3,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuned into to some later weeks of bb2,watched fully since bb3 ,still my favorite,this celeb one is the worst yet totally dire.>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wainy84 wrote: »
    Old timers. I wish I was 13 when I got hooked.:D

I'm 30 In two months and it's absolutely devastating :cry: