Best FULL HD TV WITH BUILT IN BLU RAY????

Hi,
can anyone advise me of a good :-

> HDTV (Full 1080)
> with a built in Blu ray player or recorder
> for under £500
> and over 26"-Under 40"

I'm not at all picky am I ... lol.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dan.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it were my wallet being emptied I would not touch a combo telly/player unit with the proverbial bargepole.

The problem with all in ones is that if any one bit goes wrong you lose the whole lot while the problem is being fixed. And if you want to upgrade one section you have no option but to throw away everything and start again.

So if the Blu-Ray went belly up you would lose the telly as well. Or if you decided a 32in telly wasn't big enough you'd have to replace what could be a perfectly serviceable player as well. Which would probably work out more expensive in the long run than buying separates.

At least with separates if one bit goes wrong you just lose that bit. Also if you feel the urge to upgrade you can do it in stages, one bit at a time rather than everything at once.
  • hardeephardeep Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Chris says seperates is really the better way to go.

For £500 you can get a Sony 32EX503 LCD (£399) and a Sony BDP-S370 (£99). The TV is pretty good and the player is probably as good as you'll get for under £200 - they also integrate extremely well with the TV's remote being able to fully control the player.

(If you really, really, really, really must have an integrated player/TV have a look at the Sony 32EX43 @ £500 from Amazon but I rather you didn't...)