Did not see that coming!

2»

Comments

• TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayneykul wrote: »
    She missed a trick not taking Andrew in the boardroom. The task failed on pricing that is what he does as was pointed out make desserts and sell them in a pub. He should have known what to sell and how to price it. Im glad he wasnt btw I like him. Thought Alice did deserve to go as she just didnt grasp things. Maria is like nails on a blackboard to me. Ashleigh is my favourite

Andrew nailed the kitchen process, though. He did more good than bad and I think that if Alice had tried to pin everything on him, she'd have still gone, imo.

Lucy has gone from obscurity to one of the frontrunners in two weeks!

Contenders

Lucy - She's the favourite right now. Another assured week for her, but again in the area she is expert in. Did excellently with the production of the cakes and was a calm voice in amongst the chaos.
    Andrew - Still very much a frontrunner. He perhaps didn't force his opinion down on pricing, but he did make his opinions known and was seen to do an especially proficient job in the kitchen. Note that Odyssey didn't have the same kitchen troubles Platinum did. This was probably because of Andrew.
    Navdeep - She started off very, very well, but is on a bit of a downwards slide atm. It's a good thing that she's PM next week as she can reboot her chances. Did little this week apart from wonder around on selling day. Previous tasks have emphasized that she has some very good skills, so I expect her to do better next week.
    Ashleigh - Reluctantly as I do dislike her. However, she performed well this week, making most of David's decisions for him. She is assertive, which can be good or backfire, but next week could be key for her chances.

Outsiders

Steven - A bit of a nothing episode for him moves him into the outsiders. For him to move into contention, he needs to prove the doubts from last week wrong. Otherwise, can't see him making the final. We'll see how he does next week.
    Maria - I'm reluctant to move her to the no-hopers because she does have some skills, she can sell, she can negotiate, she can pitch, but her skills are never seen as she is too busy criticising the PM. As I've said for a while, we need to see how she copes as PM. The whole team saying she was much better on this task is a step in the right direction.

No-hopers

David - Lucky, lucky boy. He has his team to thank to avoid the firing this week and he didn't really deserve it. If he hits the boardroom again, he's gone. For me, this was his big chance to show LS what he's got and he doesn't have anything. Would need an absolute miracle to win now.
    Patrick - The edit has been steadily been ignoring him since Week 1. This makes me think that any positive contributions he's been making on the task have been ignored as he'll be out soon. His greatest benefit is that he seems to be friends with all the girls so they aren't bringing him back into the boardroom. Next time he's in the BR, he's gone (unless he's up against David!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    Ashleigh wont shut up though!
    When LAS was asking David about the task she was constantly talking

she needs to wind her neck in

Agreed. I think she decided she needed to take more control over David in order to win the task, but if she'd backed off a bit he would still have made essential decisions. She barely let him get a word in edgeways in the taxi when they were deciding on price. I think the more inarticulate contestants suffer when put with people like Ashleigh or Maria who just don't shut up.

I would also dispute Ashleigh's insistence that she was completely in control in the kitchen, looked pretty chaotic to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Maria is like a test for a business person though. If you let them take control, you're a failure. You have to be able to assertively and professionally get them to shut their stupid cakehole.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria is like a test for a business person though. If you let them take control, you're a failure. You have to be able to assertively and professionally get them to shut their stupid cakehole.

Maria is my favourite, I think she's fascinating. She may not be the best candidate but she's great entertainment . I'm afraid though, if her team loses whenever she is PM, she's a goner.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    Andrew nailed the kitchen process, though. He did more good than bad and I think that if Alice had tried to pin everything on him, she'd have still gone, imo.

Lucy has gone from obscurity to one of the frontrunners in two weeks!

Contenders

Lucy - She's the favourite right now. Another assured week for her, but again in the area she is expert in. Did excellently with the production of the cakes and was a calm voice in amongst the chaos.
    Andrew - Still very much a frontrunner. He perhaps didn't force his opinion down on pricing, but he did make his opinions known and was seen to do an especially proficient job in the kitchen. Note that Odyssey didn't have the same kitchen troubles Platinum did. This was probably because of Andrew.
    Navdeep - She started off very, very well, but is on a bit of a downwards slide atm. It's a good thing that she's PM next week as she can reboot her chances. Did little this week apart from wonder around on selling day. Previous tasks have emphasized that she has some very good skills, so I expect her to do better next week.
    Ashleigh - Reluctantly as I do dislike her. However, she performed well this week, making most of David's decisions for him. She is assertive, which can be good or backfire, but next week could be key for her chances.

Outsiders

Steven - A bit of a nothing episode for him moves him into the outsiders. For him to move into contention, he needs to prove the doubts from last week wrong. Otherwise, can't see him making the final. We'll see how he does next week.
    Maria - I'm reluctant to move her to the no-hopers because she does have some skills, she can sell, she can negotiate, she can pitch, but her skills are never seen as she is too busy criticising the PM. As I've said for a while, we need to see how she copes as PM. The whole team saying she was much better on this task is a step in the right direction.

No-hopers

David - Lucky, lucky boy. He has his team to thank to avoid the firing this week and he didn't really deserve it. If he hits the boardroom again, he's gone. For me, this was his big chance to show LS what he's got and he doesn't have anything. Would need an absolute miracle to win now.
    Patrick - The edit has been steadily been ignoring him since Week 1. This makes me think that any positive contributions he's been making on the task have been ignored as he'll be out soon. His greatest benefit is that he seems to be friends with all the girls so they aren't bringing him back into the boardroom. Next time he's in the BR, he's gone (unless he's up against David!)

The only difference I'd have with that is that I'd have a group between the contenders and outsiders and move Ashleigh down and Steven up into it. Ashleigh just isn't quite good enough IMO to be up there with Andrew, Lucy and Navdeep, nor is Steven as much of an outsider as Maria.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I actually feel sorry for David :-\ It's almost like he's being set up. His team were extremely passive aggressive towards him in the last task and they wouldn't give him the chance to shine. Whenever he tried to suggest something, the girls (don't know names, sorry) just spoke over him and said no. He also had the good idea of serving people outside - like a picnic (which fits in with the theme) but they were worried about lack of cups - something the girls tried to make him back down on, but by then it was too late as he'd seated them. As pointed out though, it's a mad hatters tea party! I'm sure the kids loved drinking out of the bowls! They should have just served the customers the drinks on the bowls outside and never said a thing - they'd have known no better due to the theme.

I felt like he was almost set up to fail tonight (although he's been useless in every task so far xD!)

I didn't see it like that. David had every chance to shine; to get his team organised, to make his own decisions. He just didn't do it.