9200 Short or Multi Recording Capability

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
Forum Member
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a Hummy and was wondering on a certain aspect.
I like to record music videos (off TMF,hits etc) just so I can leave them playing in the background, at the moment I just record them on a VCR.If I had a hummy can it do the following?

1.Does it start recording instantly?So you see a video you want, you press record and starts recording immediately?

2.And if you want it to playback say 15 indvidually recorded video's stored on the hard disc can you programme it to play them all together, or would you have to start each video individually?

Thanks In Advance :)

Comments

• jw75jw75 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    1. Yes

2. Playback is manual
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you'd better with a DVD/HDD recorder that allows you to creat playlists by combining recordings. You wold just record to the hard disk and then pick items to play together, there's no need to transfer to a DVD or anything like that.

The 9200 is an excelent product but it lacks the ability to play a few recordings one after the other that you are after.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    What I've done in the past is record several hours of a music channel (Hits, TMF, and E4 when no BB on). I then go through and manually edit out the videos what I don't want, so that I have several videos in one recording (and I also put bookmarks at the beginning of each video). This is the best way I have found. It would be nice, I suppose, if Humax added a function to combine two (or more) recordings into one -- in addition to letting you chop bits out and split recordings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A play list is what we really need. I've ( I think) heard that the Danish version of the 9220T does have a playlist function. Don't know why we don't.

I'd find it useful for picking lists of children's programmes, it'd be great if you could use a playlist for archiving programmes. Anything in a playlist would always have to start at the beginning no matter where you were upto previously but it'd be really useful.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A play list is what we really need. I've ( I think) heard that the Danish version of the 9220T does have a playlist function. Don't know why we don't.

I think the Finnish model has this facility.

Maybe, if it works, and we in the UK are considered worthy, we might get it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    What I've done in the past is record several hours of a music channel (Hits, TMF, and E4 when no BB on). I then go through and manually edit out the videos what I don't want, so that I have several videos in one recording (and I also put bookmarks at the beginning of each video). This is the best way I have found. It would be nice, I suppose, if Humax added a function to combine two (or more) recordings into one -- in addition to letting you chop bits out and split recordings.

Sounds like a good idea, might use that. :cool: