Top 3 Performance and Results Show Discussion - 17/05/12, 7pm on ITV2

Comments

• susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be wrong of me to think that Joshua is the chosen one, but I really don't like him? He has a great voice, but there's something very non-likeable about him. Maybe it's the church thing, it doesn't translate well to the UK perhaps.

Jessica will probably go this week, and I predict that Joshua will win, but Philip will have the better career. He's a true musician, which Joshua isn't.
  • DixDix Posts: 78,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's show was a mixed bag...see you all tomorrow for the result. -waves- :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Would it be wrong of me to think that Joshua is the chosen one, but I really don't like him? He has a great voice, but there's something very non-likeable about him. Maybe it's the church thing, it doesn't translate well to the UK perhaps.

Jessica will probably go this week, and I predict that Joshua will win, but Philip will have the better career. He's a true musician, which Joshua isn't.

Hi, I thought Phillip was the chosen one, as he seemed to be from the beginning, but who knows now. :)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    To be honest I see Phillip winning, and then Jessica and/or Joshua having the better career.
    Phillip's too much like other recent winners, especially the dreaded Lee DeWyze :eek: the least successful Idol winner of all.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joshua will go out tonight and Phillip will win
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    Philip the best by far, again. Jessica did nothing for me.

1. Phillip We've Got Tonight
    2. Joshua Imagine
    3. Phillip Beggin'
    4. Phillip Disease
    5. Joshua No More Drama
    6. Jessica I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
    7. Joshua I'd Rather Go Blind
    8. Jessica My All
    9. Jessica I'll Be There
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip the best by far, again. Jessica did nothing for me.

1. Phillip We've Got Tonight
    2. Joshua Imagine
    3. Phillip Beggin'
    4. Phillip Disease
    5. Joshua No More Drama
    6. Jessica I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
    7. Joshua I'd Rather Go Blind
    8. Jessica My All
    9. Jessica I'll Be There

Its crazy how views can be so different. You have put down Philip singing Disease as the 4th best of the night. I honestly thought it was like when I have been to a concert and the warm up act was singing some dull and boring lazy song. I think Joshua and Jessica are streets ahead of Phil when it comes to vocal ability. I felt a little let down tonight though by both of them and did not feel they really did anything special like in previous shows. I also will admit that Philip did his best performance with We Got Tonight and it was the best performance on the night. I am hoping that 1 good performance will not get him to the final because Joshua and Jessica have been more consistent. :)
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dazzer1971 wrote: »
    Its crazy how views can be so different. You have put down Philip singing Disease as the 4th best of the night. I honestly thought it was like when I have been to a concert and the warm up act was singing some dull and boring lazy song. I think Joshua and Jessica are streets ahead of Phil when it comes to vocal ability. I felt a little let down tonight though by both of them and did not feel they really did anything special like in previous shows. I also will admit that Philip did his best performance with We Got Tonight and it was the best performance on the night. I am hoping that 1 good performance will not get him to the final because Joshua and Jessica have been more consistent. :)

Well actually by default Phillip was the best. Jessica was definitely the worst of the night. All three songs were so bad. Especially the Aerosmith song. You look up previous idol contestants singing that song and she doesn't compare to them. David Cook and Allison Iraheta to name a few.

Joshua did the usual rubbish of shouting and getting yet another standing ovation, so has standing ovation been changed to now meaning absolutely rubbish and that is why the judges keep standing for him? Must be because karaoke is NOT excellent singing.

Phillip was surprising tonight, the disease song was a bit boring but that was probably because i didn't know the song. He did sing through his songs in a SINGING competition. So i think he deserves to go on and win so hopefully America do the right thing.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip - I'm a Phillip fan, so clearly I'm going to think he was the best :D It was nice to hear his voice so clear, on the higher notes of We've Got Tonight. Beggin' was a typical Phillips performance, but strangely, I actually thought Disease was his best performance of the night. He's sailing through to next week, and rightly so. Although as I've said before, I actually don't want him to win as I don't want him to be tied down to being the "winner of American Idol" for the rest of his life.

Jessica - she didn't grab me at all tonight. I didn't feel any fight in her. It was as if she was just going through the motions. She didn't quite hit that big note on Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, yet the judges completely ignored it. If that had been Hollie, they'd have been all over it! I wasn't a fan of the first song, I'll Be There was much better though.

Joshua - I just don't like his voice. Simple as. I can't warm to him. I think Jimmy's choice of song for him was terrible, and I think he went way over-board with it at the end. He looked so bitter that he didn't get a standing ovation for it as well. I actually think that has cost him his place in the final. I was certain it would be an all-male final, now I'm not so sure.
    I've just seen the result. Joshua gone, and I'm not shocked
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read the above spoiler and wish I hadn't :(
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly Patti!! There's a reason I put it in spoiler tags ;)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

I can't resist spoilers :o
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member

I didn't read your spoiler because I'm one of those who can't wait and looked at the result on the American Idol website - I'm also a "feeler & shaker" of Christmas presents, too :D:D - and I just want to say how pleased I am at the results.

Can't wait for the final - I think the person who I've said from the beginning would win it, will! :D:D
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Phillip - I'm a Phillip fan, so clearly I'm going to think he was the best :D It was nice to hear his voice so clear, on the higher notes of We've Got Tonight. Beggin' was a typical Phillips performance, but strangely, I actually thought Disease was his best performance of the night. He's sailing through to next week, and rightly so. Although as I've said before, I actually don't want him to win as I don't want him to be tied down to being the "winner of American Idol" for the rest of his life.

Jessica - she didn't grab me at all tonight. I didn't feel any fight in her. It was as if she was just going through the motions. She didn't quite hit that big note on Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, yet the judges completely ignored it. If that had been Hollie, they'd have been all over it! I wasn't a fan of the first song, I'll Be There was much better though.

Joshua - I just don't like his voice. Simple as. I can't warm to him. I think Jimmy's choice of song for him was terrible, and I think he went way over-board with it at the end. He looked so bitter that he didn't get a standing ovation for it as well. I actually think that has cost him his place in the final. I was certain it would be an all-male final, now I'm not so sure.
    I've just seen the result. Joshua gone, and I'm not shocked

Im not surprised.He screeched his songs to the point where it was hard on the ears and they all sounded the same. Phillip will easily win.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    Im not surprised.He screeched his songs to the point where it was hard on the ears and they all sounded the same. Phillip will easily win.

Now I don't need to look at the spoiler tag :)
    Forum Member
    Results time.....

but be careful with spoilers people. Folks in the UK haven't seen the show yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, and didn't look at the spoiler as it would have spoiled the show. :)

Paul Simon starts the show with one of his songs....aw sweet. :)

For a moment thought Steven was naked from waist down, but being a family show, he must have worn pants of some sort. ;)

Jessica's voice sounds a tad harsh with that group number...
    Forum Member
    Urgh one of my most disliked Beatles songs. Great start to the show lol :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Now they're going to have to stretch out just 3 contestants results over an hour's show.

Time to find out who's going to be this year's loser in the final against the hot guy and then sell better than afterwards. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica sounds excited...
    Josh is nervous..

Joshua....Jimmy's comments...had a good night last night, gave him an 8 overall, but wouldn't have given a standing ovation, as he thinks he was lying down at the time! lol :D I love Jimmy and his comments! lol :D Re Imagine...didn't work, overblown, over-emotional, etc....didn't do it for him. 2nd soong, gave him song that didn't have enough melody, and takes 100% because of that.

ads
    Forum Member
    Joshua's performances from last night critiqued aaaaaaand back to the couches, and ads....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh one of my most disliked Beatles songs. Great start to the show lol :rolleyes:

How about Lisa Marie Presley...didn't even know she could sing :eek::eek: Bet she's not as good as her dad was though. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't resist the spoiler :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    How about Lisa Marie Presley...didn't even know she could sing :eek::eek: Bet she's not as good as her dad was though. :)

"don't be cruel" :D:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dix wrote: »

Understatment of the year! :eek: