Options

The return of The KLF?

DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Rumours abound they are coming back in some shape or form with new material:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/bill-drummond-responds-klf-reunion-rumours-1935404
The KLF have responded to rumours that they are set to reunite in 2017 – denying that they’ll reform but saying that something is coming in August.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2017/jan/05/klf-comeback-bill-drummond-jimmy-cauty
The KLF are back (sort of) – and it’s exactly what 2017 needs
The rumours that Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty are reforming after 25 years appear to be true. If we ever needed someone to shake up a staid music industry, it’s now

Comments

• Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    They must be ancient now, Is this comeback really justified?
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to post this myself.
    http://www.factmag.com/2017/01/05/the-klf-return-poster/

August 23rd 2017 will be 23 years since they burnt the million quid so I suppose they have to celebrate it somehow.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boom boom.

Or is that mu mu.
  • Options
    Kid BKid B Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Noooo, noooo.

Just chillout.
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i doubt they would make any music as good and interesting than before, but some reissues of some of the more obscure and rare material and releasing some unreleased stuff would be good

the trancentral mix on soundcloud is a good example of what the KLF were about
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    i doubt they would make any music as good and interesting than before, but some reissues of some of the more obscure and rare material and releasing some unreleased stuff would be good

the trancentral mix on soundcloud is a good example of what the KLF were about

Bill Drummond did say once that all their unreleased stuff would be released one day although I'm pretty certain that whatever they do will be completely non-musical or at least won't revolve around trying to get another Top Ten hit. Possibly another performance / stunt on the Isle of Jura although that's probably too obvious.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol.... very good!
    unique wrote: »

t

sadly i think youre right, id be surprised, pleasantly, if they could produce material now that was as good as previously.. the prodigy is an example of that.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member

All aboard, all aboard whoah.

Have they still got their ice cream van though Tammy that's the thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    All aboard, all aboard whoah.

Have they still got their ice cream van though Tammy that's the thing.

scooter had respect for the man in the ice cream van.... are klf responsible for scooter? :D

i dont care - i quite like scooter! :blush:
  • Options
    Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Were the KLF the @rseholes who thought it would be a bright idea to film themselves burning a million quid?
  • Options
    ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scooter had respect for the man in the ice cream van.... are klf responsible for scooter? :D

i dont care - i quite like scooter! :blush:

In a way they probably are as they were a massive rave band but I think Prodigy were a bigger influence on Scooter
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were the KLF the @rseholes who thought it would be a bright idea to film themselves burning a million quid?

it's never been proved that they burned a million pounds. there's a number of stories that have been going around such as they only burned so much money, or they burned fake money or money that was intended for incineration, or they claimed their insurance policy that they took out when they got the money, and they got the money all back

there were also stories about them giving away cash to good causes on the island, etc etc etc

as it wasn't properly independently verified and the KLF were renounced for stunts and hoaxes, we may never find out the real story, only what they want people to believe

the one thing they have done is made some people think they burned a million pounds, even though those people never actually saw them doing it. who really knows what they burned in that film. you see fake money being burned in movies and tv shows on a regular basis. burning fake money on an island with no-one about is pretty easy to do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thorney wrote: »
    In a way they probably are as they were a massive rave band but I think Prodigy were a bigger influence on Scooter

scooter are known to have been influenced by the klf... hence 'respect to the man in the ice cream van'. im not aware of scooter paying homage to the prodigy. whether or not scooter were influenced by the prodigy is an unknown.

huh...if thats all you know about the klf id suggest doing some research.
  • Options
    martin44martin44 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Think they have left it too late ....end of