The Good Wife - Season 5 - More4 Pace *No Spoilers*

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kalinda can be who she likes and I'll still watch her.
    It's a testimony to "wardrobe" how they can make a small person with short legs, always look sexy.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Kalinda can be who she likes and I'll still watch her.
    It's a testimony to "wardrobe" how they can make a small person with short legs, always look sexy.

It's the Boots that does it for me..... and her taste in Women.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In plot terms it was so that Diane could be suspicious of Alicia's meeting which went well for Peter's election funding but not well for Diane's wish to lower the rent (that was a bit odd too - did she think she just had to ask for the rent to be lowered and it would be? What planet is she on?). But for Maddie herself, who already knew who Alicia was which is why she wanted to meet her, it didn't make sense. All will be revealed I suppose.

Absolutely (or, as Big would say, abso-f***-lutely!)!

Anyone else think Maddie looked pregnant? Presumably not but it was a very unflattering outfit.

Yes I have to admit I thought she looked pregnant but as you say that could be an unfortunate dress. I know why would she just say sure Diane I'll let you off a few repayments -No!!

My mum reckons that Maddie is supporting Peter because Alicia has lived her own life away from Peter and is willing to not forgive and forget but to get on with it and support Peter. This therefore shows she is a strong woman who supports Peter's political beliefs because she can and not because she is tied to him. Other than that I can't think why Maddie would want to support Peter as she seems quite an ardent feminist who wouldn't really trust a man like Peter.
  • highfidelityhighfidelity Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Kalinda will turn out to be English?

I've always thought Archie Panjabi's accent was a bit ropey, but that would be a very good twist since the groundwork would go all the way back to series 1. And with her husband being British too...

It would also explain why she needed so much help from Peter to establish a new identity.
    Interesting idea. I agree about her accent which frequently slips, unlike Alan Cummings' which I haven't noticed slipping at all.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Kalinda will turn out to be English?

I've always thought she was supposed to be English :o

I'm also in the camp that finds the evil husband story a bit weird and uninteresting. I thought the fight/sex scene was a bit silly and couldn't quite work out how he got his hand where he was supposed to have his hand in the ice cream bit. And to be honest, I thought that was a bit out of place in this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    I've always thought she was supposed to be English :o

I'm also in the camp that finds the evil husband story a bit weird and uninteresting. I thought the fight/sex scene was a bit silly and couldn't quite work out how he got his hand where he was supposed to have his hand in the ice cream bit. And to be honest, I thought that was a bit out of place in this show.

Yes I agree it doesn't really interest me as to whether or Kalinda has a fight with her husband. Unless it somehow loops round and affects Alicia then I don't see the point.

I was really surprised when I read Maura Tierney has been recovering from breast cancer as she looked really well. Also apparently the rumours are that she is expecting so she could have to do a Clare Danes and only film upward shots.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that More4 HD has now launched on Sky, if you've a series link set up you'll need to alter it to the HD channel (138) as your series link will continue in SD
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Don't forget that More4 HD has now launched on Sky, if you've a series link set up you'll need to alter it to the HD channel (138) as your series link will continue in SD
    Didn't know I had to do that.....thank you.

Kalinda in HD, can't wait.;)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Lots of laughter around Lockhart/Gardner tonight....not bad, considering their huge levels of debt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew that's where Alicia/Peter was headed it was so obvious. I am still not digging the whole Kalinda/Nick stuff it just doesn't really seem like Kalinda to be controlled by a man. I loved the whole my girlfriend is a Federal Agent that was quite funny. I'm glad we got some Eli as we haven't seen much of him yet.
    Forum Member
    Kalinda on top form tonight....with Lana and Eli, but Nick needs to go soon. Could Lana deport him.:)

I liked the case too, but no money for the Team/Creditors.....but who was renting the Conference Room...:D
    Great Judge as well...."I'm Happy for you"
    Plus Adam Godley {ears}...another Brit.:cool:

But Alicia & Pete.....Nooooooo.:eek:

And why doesn't the Daughter have her own Phone.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes deportation good idea! Nick's story must be leading to something otherwise what is the point and Kalinda deserves better. The writers had the chance to give Alicia some non romantic stories to work with like her kids or new friend Maddy not same old Peter.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »

I wondered that!

Very good episode though. Odd that Alicia was a bit slow to catch on after talking to Eli and it took Will to prompt the 'who had the affair question' then.

I liked the rich IT guy and the whole storyline. No doubt the girls will get sacked at some point but it was good to see Will sidelined as I'm not very keen on him at all.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    I am still not digging the whole Kalinda/Nick stuff it just doesn't really seem like Kalinda to be controlled by a man.
    I doubt she is being controlled by him... despite what we see or he thinks. But so far it's a thoroughly dull sub-plot.

I think there's too much going on at the moment and none of it very compelling. Liked last night's judge, though. :D
  • highfidelityhighfidelity Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    That was strange - and we've seen both Grace and Zach use their mobiles before, notably in the first episode when Zach emailed the video of the traffic cop to himself. Just a plot device we're not supposed to notice I suppose.
    Very good episode though. Odd that Alicia was a bit slow to catch on after talking to Eli and it took Will to prompt the 'who had the affair question' then.
    Yes - I thought when she hesitated while talking to Eli on the phone, that it meant she thought the phone was being tapped. But in fact all was well.
    Normandie wrote: »
    I doubt she is being controlled by him... despite what we see or he thinks. But so far it's a thoroughly dull sub-plot.
    It's odd, isn't it? They are trying hard to make Alicia and Peter's relationship realistic - Alicia in particular has always made the point that with so much shared history and children together, she can't simply turn her back on Peter and doesn't wish to. And it's not the first time she has wanted sex with him after suspecting him of further wrongdoing and finding out he was innocent of that particular charge.

So we have that, and yet the Kalinda - Nick storyline is ridiculous. Marc Warren must be wondering what he did wrong - all the other Brits do very well in this.
    I think there's too much going on at the moment and none of it very compelling. Liked last night's judge, though. :D
    He was great, wasn't he? The judges in general are great supporting roles.

Talking of Brits, did anyone spot Adam Godley, who was in Spies of Warsaw recently, and was the teacher in Love Actually? They're all at it!

Loved the acrimonious divorce going on in the background at LG's offices, and the wordless way everyone avoided the shattered glass. Perhaps it was just this episode, but it seems to me this series is more light-hearted than previous series have been.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I get through this programme a lot quicker these days, cos I have absolutely no interest in Kalinda outside of the work she does for the firm, so I fast forward through her husband, her lesbian lovers, and anything else equally boring.

I used to fast forward through Will and Alicia when they were having it off cos that bored me as well.

So with Kalinda now only seeming to feature when she's having sex with someone, I get through the programme a lot quicker!
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I get through this programme a lot quicker these days, cos I have absolutely no interest in Kalinda outside of the work she does for the firm, so I fast forward through her husband, her lesbian lovers, and anything else equally boring.

I used to fast forward through Will and Alicia when they were having it off cos that bored me as well.

So with Kalinda now only seeming to feature when she's having sex with someone, I get through the programme a lot quicker!

Unless I missed something, it was Kalinda that discovered that the peter/shag a long was just a pure fantasy. So she stays on workpractice alone.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have that, and yet the Kalinda - Nick storyline is ridiculous. Marc Warren must be wondering what he did wrong - all the other Brits do very well in this.

It’s a ludicrous sub-plot and negates all the character traits they’ve built up for her over the previous seasons. Her passivity in regard to her woefully unconvincing hubby (hang your head in shame Marc Warren) is destroying the most compelling character on the show.

It’s the worst mis-step they’ve made since the show began.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I was wondering on what basis Maddy gave her money to Peter? Was she technically backing Alicia for being a strong independent woman standing by (but not with) her lying and cheating hubby? If so could Maddy now be annoyed and withdraw her money if she doesn't like Alicia potentially going to Peter? It's funny you miss a new character but I am glad there was more Eli last night.

Can someone remind me why the guy Kalinda beat up in the first episode phoned Alicia at the end of S3?
    Forum Member
    Eagle9a wrote: »
    Unless I missed something, it was Kalinda that discovered that the peter/shag a long was just a pure fantasy. So she stays on workpractice alone.

Yes, there was that one scene with the fantasist. Worth everything else she did with that woman and her husband put together.

I can never see enough of Kalinda in PI mode!
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Yes, there was that one scene with the fantasist. Worth everything else she did with that woman and her husband put together.

I can never see enough of Kalinda in PI mode!
    Now in HD.:cool:

And I could never fast-forward any of TGW....I'm a Fan.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Stick with it. I can tell you that there was a similar reaction to the whole Kalinda/Nick storyline in the US as well. I do have a link to an article regarding this phenomena. However, I hesitate to put it on here because someone will get incredibly pissy about it being done. Besides, it does say no spoiler on the tag. ;)

To be honest, I can't tell if it would fall under the spoiler category or not since it is just about the backlash about this particular storyline :confused:
    Does that mean it ends soon?...hope so

I know it's not right to laugh out loud when someone is punched in the face but I did just that when Kalinda punched her husband.:o

Took me a few minutes to recognise the judge ...it's Tony Soprano's Uncle Junior! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is a spoiler but Alicia's
    mum is coming into the show played by Stockard Channing!
    as I said I don't think it's anything major but I put spoilers round it anyway.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    . Liked last night's judge, though. :D

It was the Dominic Chianese , who played "Uncle Joey" in the Sopranos
    Forum Member
    Now in HD.:cool:

And I could never fast-forward any of TGW....I'm a Fan.

Only HD on Sky. I'm on Virgin.