NOOOOOOO!!! Parks and Recreation Bombshell :(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe will leave the show on the 13th episode on the next season :eek:

Unexpected :(

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob Lowe has a history of leaving shows. The West Wing, Brothers and Sisters and now this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not hugely bothered about Rob Lowe....it's Anne i'll miss :(
  • MotherTeresaMotherTeresa Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could enable the series to regain some much needed focus, as the last season was very lacklustre. And of all the characters I'd miss the least, Anne Perkins is near the top of the list. Rashida Jones has had more interesting roles elsewhere, and maybe she's looking to free herself up for other parts.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Gutted about Rob Lowe, really like him in this show. And while Anne isn't the best character, she is ever so lovely to look at! :(
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob Lowe is funny, but he was established as a temporary-seeming character, so I'm surprised he was there this long. Rashida Jones is just the straight man in this ensemble, and it seems like sometimes they struggle with giving her anything to do anymore.

I think they're pretty dispensible. As long as they don't lose Amy Poehler, Ron Swanson, Andy, or Tom, they should be OK. Most of the other minor characters are great too, but no one of them is indispensible. I can list a number of the other cast who I'd prefer to keep over the two who are leaving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sad about Anne leaving, I love the friendship between her and Leslie. Admittedly she isn't my favourite though.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I'm sad that they are leaving as I love both characters, but I don't think it'll affect the show too much. I'm glad they seem to be leaving together, Anne deserves a break although I can't see Leslie taking this well. For me the only character departures that could kill the show are Leslie, Ben and April, all the other would be missed but their departure wouldn't stop me watching.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sad that they are leaving as I love both characters, but I don't think it'll affect the show too much. I'm glad they seem to be leaving together, Anne deserves a break although I can't see Leslie taking this well. For me the only character departures that could kill the show are Leslie, Ben and April, all the other would be missed but their departure wouldn't stop me watching.

Ron leaving wouldn't kill the show? Really?
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is - literally - not a big deal for me. Andy gets all the best lines anyway
    I just loved the fadeout line at the Grand Canyon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Aw, that's disappointing. But as someone else said, they aren't necessary to the show's continuation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    As long as Nick Offerman doesn't leave the show. Ron Swanson is what got me into this show in the first place. Remember the vegan bacon scene? That was just pure genius, as was the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness. They can't get rid of him, he's Ron f****** Swanson. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    Ron leaving wouldn't kill the show? Really?
    I agree that Ron leaving would probably kill the show, especially with two other main characters leaving... and Gerry won't feature much any more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    As long as Nick Offerman doesn't leave the show. Ron Swanson is what got me into this show in the first place. Remember the vegan bacon scene? That was just pure genius, as was the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness. They can't get rid of him, he's Ron f****** Swanson. :D

Unbeatable. :cool:

Do you understand?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Unbeatable. :cool:

Do you understand?

A lot of bacon and eggs? ;):cool:
  • monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    As long as Adam Scott stays I will be happy (and drooly)!
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as Adam Scott stays I will be happy (and drooly)!

Check out Party Down if you are an Adam Scott fan.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    and Gerry won't feature much any more

Why what has happened to Gerry?
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I'll really miss Chris :( - Anne's sweet and a nice friend to Leslie but I don't think she added that much.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad the BBC are bringing this back. Hopefully in HD by then.

The Sun today mentions the excellence of P & R in promoting how good is the new comedy film The Heat starring Sandra Bullock. It is written by P & R writer Katie Dippold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why what has happened to Gerry?
    He retired in the last season and will only have a few appearances from now on
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann Perkins (point ! )
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    He retired in the last season and will only have a few appearances from now on

Even though he announced his retirement and Tom became the target of everyone's rudeness, he was brought back at the end of the episode to serve as an intern and target of everyone's rudeness.