Z Nation Season 3 UK Pace (No Spoilers)

Comments

• Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Tipping over into total farce now. Trump parody is subtle as a brick.
    And Two Tribes at the end there too...
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Tipping over into total farce now. Trump parody is subtle as a brick.

All we need now is Judge Dredd riding in on his Lawmaster and we can have The Cursed Earth Saga.

A more appropriate Dredd analogy would be Judgement Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgement_Day_(Judge_Dredd)
  • RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this episode was one of the poorer ones of late. I did enjoy the Trump bit as mentioned.

The plus side was Addy and Doc, I'm sure one of the 2 girls was in a film called white chicks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I recognised the actor playing "Trump"

He has a regular role in Grimm

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Franco
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MUCH better after the komedy krap of last week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Escorpion is dead, long live Escorpion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The traditional facilities, complete with moon cutout on the door :D

The lack of flushing toilets is proof that civilisation is not yet fully restored under the glorious reign of our saviour Mr Murphy - though there is the possibility that people are now permanently scared of small spaces where the doors and sides have big gaps under them...
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully this is on tonight !

all my other shows appear to have finished for Christmas..............>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy "are we there yet" :D
  • Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need specsavers. The last scene went swoosh over my head. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry.R wrote: »
    I need specsavers. The last scene went swoosh over my head. :blush:
    If you're meaning the one in the car, that's Lucy having had sudden accelerated growth from being stressed, that feature did get mentioned earlier on but it was easily missed because when we first see her certainly my assumption was she was just growing extra-fast what with being that weird shade of Murphy Blue.

Or if it's the one with 10K, I'm wondering if he's had enough of the sort-of-not-cure to be able to resist Murphy's influence which I'm guessing isn't so strong now that he's not so blue any more? So the dog-tags are reminding him who he is or he's trying to figure that out.

Or something :blush:
  • Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're meaning the one in the car, that's Lucy having had sudden accelerated growth from being stressed, that feature did get mentioned earlier on but it was easily missed because when we first see her certainly my assumption was she was just growing extra-fast what with being that weird shade of Murphy Blue.

Or if it's the one with 10K, I'm wondering if he's had enough of the sort-of-not-cure to be able to resist Murphy's influence which I'm guessing isn't so strong now that he's not so blue any more? So the dog-tags are reminding him who he is or he's trying to figure that out.

Or something :blush:

Lucy's growth spurt. The Man's reaction, when he took the bag off, confused me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry.R wrote: »
    Lucy's growth spurt. The Man's reaction, when he took the bag off, confused me.
    Me too, for a moment, before I remembered!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The extra fast growing baby is a real standby of sci-fi !

recently there was the one in Falling Skies and years back there one in V (the original, I didn't watch the reboot)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    The extra fast growing baby is a real standby of sci-fi !
    And something about avoiding problems with shooting schedules, continuity etc being more than slightly saved by not having to worry too much about people complaining that there's no way she would be walking yet, how is she talking so soon, where are they going to get jars of apple and mushy brain from, I don't recall seeing that on any of the heifer&door adverts...

Though I can imagine (with dread and horror) the teen spinoff, Lu-Z the early years :D
    recently there was the one in Falling Skies
    Sorely missed and I've given up hoping that it might ever reappear and/or continue on terrestrial (we only got seasons 1-3 or was it only 2?) - memory could be rusty but I suspect that might technically be a spoiler if it wasn't so far behind :( though I wouldn't object if they decided to pick it up again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p.s. kill of the week has to be the one with the garden gnome :D
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p.s. kill of the week has to be the one with the garden gnome :D

The scenes with The Man and Lucy was hilarious and disturbing all at the same time.

I really hope we get a full on physical fight between him and several of our heroes - it will take more than one to stop him.

Murphy and his missus doing Pulp Fiction in the tent - loved it.

Plus Doc's total bullshit version of a blue bastard fairytale. :santahatdude:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all the schedule changes over the festive period and the days merging into each I just though I'd post a reminder that is on tonight !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bit of a filler episode tonight !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the women was played by Nadine Velazquez from My Name Is Earl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And again we learn that if something seems too good to be true then it probably isn't! Then again it *is* the apocalypse...

And bonus knowledge that princesses in towers are mad cat ladies, that does rather explain why they are usually locked up in secure locations, are these fairytale princes that rescue them just not that bright?

Though the real question was why they called it 'bedazzling' when it's quite obviously a 'zejazzle', or is that a copyrighted name? Or do I need a hearing aid?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to wonder what Russell Hodgkinson has on the producers of this show.:D

That was the second Doc-centric episode this series and another two largely just featured him and Addy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they're doing him any favours - Neither were especially good, the comedy one in particular was appalling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume they're going down the Walking Dead route of having most of the cast not appear in every episode to keep costs down
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it's more difficult to write for an ensemble and make it all seem interconnected and interesting. Hope the show's not flagging.