Options

Unpopular Soap Opinions

Comments

• Options
    al_capoal_capo Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I think "Robron" will ruin Emmerdale in the long run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River City is a little gem of a soap
    Coronation Street's infamous humour sometimes just isn't all that funny
    Ross Barton sucks, as do the other Nu-Bartons bar Emma (she the best one)
    Doctors on the whole is underrated and deserves more recognition

No, Ross most certainly does not suck, he shoots people and they can still share a laugh with him. Not many other people could pull that off.
  • Options
    lucy_marwoodlucy_marwood Posts: 1,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale

Doug is one of Emmerdales best charcthers.

Andy sugden deserved what happened to him considering he spent months acting like a white knight to Chrissie only to.
    a) cheat himself
    B) was actually willing to allow her go to prison to save himself so her setting him up for her sons crime is deliciously ironic, also hides behind his kids when he scared to face the consequences the same kids he's willingly given up,seeing ever again to avoid prison

Ross Barton is not remotely funny who's humour seems to revolve around poorly mimicking someone else's voice/accent which seems to be the extent of his wit and only like because people fancy Mike parr.

Robron are one of the most poisonous and farcical couplings and only put together to pander to a fanbase that mostly consist of young teenage girls who have a patronising view that gays or bisexual men are soooo cute. After showing how abusive this relationship was last year Emmerdale are now seeking a dangerous example about what is acceptable in a relationship to,the same young girls, while patting themselves on the back and holding there hands out for awards for handling the other abuse of Aaron storyline sensitively. Exploitive hypocrites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale

Andy sugden deserved what happened to him considering he spent months acting like a white knight to Chrissie only to.
    a) cheat himself
    B) was actually willing to allow her go to prison to save himself so her setting him up for her sons crime is deliciously ironic, also hides behind his kids when he scared to face the consequences the same kids he's willingly given up,seeing ever again to avoid prison

Ross Barton is not remotely funny who's humour seems to revolve around poorly mimicking someone else's voice/accent which seems to be the extent of his wit and only like because people fancy Mike parr.

Robron are one of the most poisonous and farcical couplings and only put together to pander to a fanbase that mostly consist of young teenage girls who have a patronising view that gays or bisexual men are soooo cute. After showing how abusive this relationship was last year Emmerdale are now seeking a dangerous example about what is acceptable in a relationship to,the same young girls, while patting themselves on the back and holding there hands out for awards for handling the other abuse of Aaron storyline sensitively. Exploitive hypocrites.

I agree about Robron 100% but not about Ross, people like him because of how charismatic and unpredictable he is. He is incredibly witty and I find his mimicking funny, but I've always liked that sort of humour. Ofcourse some will only like him for his looks but I know a lot people who just love his character all together.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I agree about Pat and Kathy.

I think Mick makes a perfect landlord and I don't mind the rhyming slang.

I don't think it's the end of the world that Pam and Les has gone.

I never want Denise to tell Phil about the baby being his.

I hope they don't kill off Lee or Roxy.

I thought Peggy's last week was absolutely dreadful and self indulgent.

Billy is going to be a successful businessman.😊
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Al- Capo, I' m sure you will have realised that I don't t find Ross funny at all:pNot that I' ve said it very often or anything:blush:

I quite like Marlon these days:blush:

I like Charity - purely on the basis that she makes me smile:D

I don't like Robron

I like Chas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Al- Capo, I' m sure you will have realised that I don't t find Ross funny at all:pNot that I' ve said it very often or anything:blush:

I don't like Robron

I like Chas.

:D Im sure you will grow to love him one day.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    al_capo wrote: »
    :D Im sure you will grow to love him one day.

Noooooooo!!!!!! I will not go over to the dark side:p:D
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't like Robron

I like Chas.

If you can like Charity and have learnt to like Marlon, it won't be lng before you are professing your undying love for Ross.

I dislike Charity but I love Marlon. Marlon and paddy as a duo crack me up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I agree about Pat and Kathy.

I think Mick makes a perfect landlord and I don't mind the rhyming slang.

I don't think it's the end of the world that Pam and Les has gone.

I never want Denise to tell Phil about the baby being his.

I hope they don't kill off Lee or Roxy.

I thought Peggy's last week was absolutely dreadful and self indulgent.

Billy is going to be a successful businessman.😊

I actually agree on all points :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale

a) cheat himself

Never thought of the Robron relationship in that way! Good points

Please can you explain re Doug pretty please :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooo!!!!!! I will not go over to the dark side:p:D

I'm confident that Ross will be on the show for years, so be prepared to love him one day. He will be a changed man :D
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care that Pat Butcher is dead
    I think Shakil, Paul and NuJohnny on EE all got/get a rough ride without good enough reason
    I love Jane Beale
    Philth Mitchell should have died in 2001
    I liked EE in 2004 when most on here thought it crap
    I loathe Belinda Slater

Thanks ;-)
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I actually agree on all points :o
    High five 🙋
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Home & Away -
    I don't like Sally Fletcher
    I like Nate Cooper

Emmerdale -
    I love Dan Spencer
    I like James and Pete Barton
    I don't think Ross is funny
    I think Carly and Marlon make a lovely couple
    I'm glad Viv was killed off
    I like Chas
    I like Tracey
    I don't like Laurel
    I don't think Pierce and Rakesh are attractive

There may be more but that's all I can of at the moment!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care that Pat Butcher is dead
    I think Shakil, Paul and NuJohnny on EE all got/get a rough ride without good enough reason
    I love Jane Beale
    Philth Mitchell should have died in 2001
    I liked EE in 2004 when most on here thought it crap
    I loathe Belinda Slater

Thanks ;-)

I just don't know what to say :o

You love Jane :o

Phil should have died :o

No comment on 2004 agree with the rest 😀
  • Options
    lucy_marwoodlucy_marwood Posts: 1,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought of the Robron relationship in that way! Good points

Please can you explain re Doug pretty please :D

I find Doug genuinely hilarious when he's not near laurel, I think they play up to the dull bloke aspect where it come full circle and ends up being funny. I like the fact he's played by such a competent comedy actor helps, everyone in the village is slightly nuts and he's so dry and dull it ends up being funny. In amongst all this chaos and anarchy he's talking another how yo best weather proof plant pots.

Also the scene where he was pretending to be rude to Diane was one of ememrdale funniest scenes in ages he damnds Diane pull him another pint or " I won't be drinking it and you'll be wearing it, you raddled old munter"

I think it's the "raddled" part of the insult that tickled me. It's such a specifically vicious insult.
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale

I like Marlon, I hated him with Laurel, but now that's over, I like him again. I am enjoying him with Carly.
    I enjoyed David and Tracy's wedding. I love silly humour.
    I am indifferent to Robert and Aaron, I'm putting that in because it seems like you have to love or hate them, with no inbetween.
    I like Chas.
    I like both Charity and Cain (although not together)

Coronation Street

I like Tracy. She can be funny.
    I don't find Maria boring.
    Sophie gets on my nerves (I''m not sure if that is unpopular, but I am including it)
    David is one of my favourite characters.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    al_capo wrote: »
    I'm confident that Ross will be on the show for years, so be prepared to love him one day. He will be a changed man :D
    Not if Knobert has finally used his evil powers for good and has arranged for his guy at Hitmen'R'Us to push him off Mount Everest. I'm scanning the newspaper headlines every day just now. ;-)
  • Options
    sirgockstersirgockster Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Deborah Dingle is the queen of the dales
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Not if Knobert has finally used his evil powers for good and has arranged for his guy at Hitmen'R'Us to push him off Mount Everest. I'm scanning the newspaper headlines every day just now. ;-)

Ross would survive anything, it doesnt worry me ;-)
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sean Tully is one of the most iconic characters the show has ever had
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't know what to say :o

You love Jane :o

Phil should have died :o

No comment on 2004 agree with the rest 😀

Pick your chin up off the floor you can't be that surprised my views are well known :D
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get the moaning over Bobby being Lucy's killer. It was the only logical outcome for me.

I do not consider Michelle Fowler to be EastEnders first goddess. She was a surly madam with a face on her like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

I don't much care for Dot either.

I blooming love Shirley Carter.

I preferred Pat with Roy over Frank.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get the moaning over Bobby being Lucy's killer. It was the only logical outcome for me.

I do not consider Michelle Fowler to be EastEnders first goddess. She was a surly madam with a face on her like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

I don't much care for Dot either.

I blooming love Shirley Carter.

I preferred Pat with Roy over Frank.
    Especially when Roy said to her

Take your earrings off. They are cheap and vulgar :D