Options

9200/P.C. cable

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
Morning. Can anyone point me in the direction of a linking cable for the above please? Must be about 3 metres long.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Comments

• Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    storesman wrote:
    Morning. Can anyone point me in the direction of a linking cable for the above please? Must be about 3 metres long.
    USB or serial?

The USB is a standard A-B USB 2.0 one, available anywhere (e.g. Argos or WHSmith).

I haven't tried getting a serial cable for it.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usb cable

Serial cable

Serial to Usb adaptor (if required)

These are only examples, probably cheaper out there although the adaptor is the cheapest I have seen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    storesman wrote:

Serial Cable - 2 metre

Not three metres, but it's cheap and may help someone else who's looking. I bought mine from this seller and updated to the new loader with no problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I used to work near a scrap yard and they take in old pc's and cables, I just asked if I could route through their cable skip, and found a cable ;) with no charge. :D
    So if you are near a scrapyard go for a search.
  • Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R1 KSU wrote:
    I used to work near a scrap yard and they take in old pc's and cables, I just asked if I could route through their cable skip, and found a cable ;) with no charge. :D
    So if you are near a scrapyard go for a search.
    How do you know the OP didn't mean a "proper shop" rather than all this eBay rubbish. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Many thanks to you all, its good to know you are there. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I bought a null modem RS232 cable and found to my horror that I do not have a 9 pinplug on my HP pavilion PC. Do I have to get an adaptor to enable me to use a USB connection?

David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a null modem RS232 cable and found to my horror that I do not have a 9 pinplug on my HP pavilion PC. Do I have to get an adaptor to enable me to use a USB connection?

David

Yep...if you want to be able to update the software via PC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any ideas on where to get an adaptor for USB to null modem cable. As I said above I do not have a 9 pin connection on my computer. I went into Maplins this morning but could not find one and the staff were not particularly helpful.

David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas on where to get an adaptor for USB to null modem cable. As I said above I do not have a 9 pin connection on my computer. I went into Maplins this morning but could not find one and the staff were not particularly helpful.

David

Maplin product LINK, product code ZP43W
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Barry Maplins located it this morning and I have installed it and will try the loader update tomorrow.

David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barry wrote:
    Usb cable

These are only examples, probably cheaper out there although the adaptor is the cheapest I have seen.

So can i use the usb cable to update the firmware from my pc or do i need another cable. I'm confused. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP did not specify which cable they were after, therefore I listed sources for all types.

For updating the software it depends what connections you have on your PC/Laptop....

If you have a Serial Comm Port, then all you need is the Serial cable. If you only have USB then you need the Serial cable, and the Serial to USB adaptor.