Can Humax9002 fatally crash during upgrade OTA?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
I think I read in the manual that if you get a power cut or something during the over the air download, when there is an upgrade to the Humax, that the machine can be damaged permanently. Is this true and how do you avoid this? Should I never upgrade over the air?

Thanks

Al

Comments

• peter3hgpeter3hg Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is true you could connect it to a UPS when its going to update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    al2005 wrote:
    I think I read in the manual that if you get a power cut or something during the over the air download, when there is an upgrade to the Humax, that the machine can be damaged permanently. Is this true and how do you avoid this? Should I never upgrade over the air?

Thanks

Al

I think the over the air part of the download isnt the risk during the power cut as it is collecting and storing it somewhere. Its probably the instaltion part that will cause a problem if you get a power cut right in the middle of the process.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    I think the over the air part of the download isnt the risk during the power cut as it is collecting and storing it somewhere. Its probably the instaltion part that will cause a problem if you get a power cut right in the middle of the process.

Yes i'm pretty sure thats how it works, the actual install is very quick so the chances are pretty low of any problems, if there was a problem Humax would swap it (unless it was older than 2 years)
  • PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this where to happen would it be possible to use the cable/PC to re install the software, I assume this would just over-right the corrupt software
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    paulsalter wrote:
    If this where to happen would it be possible to use the cable/PC to re install the software, I assume this would just over-right the corrupt software

Yes it may well do.