Options

Orange Internet Everywhere - or nowhere?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
Forum Member
✭✭
In April, I signed up to Orange's Internet Everywhere. I have been an Orange customer for several years and, up until now, have had few, if any reason to complain.

Before signing up, I queried what "unlimited" meant; ie did it actually mean "fair usage". I was told unequivocally that there were no limitations on the service at all. In fairness, the staff were so unfamiliar with the product at that time that the shop manager asked if I could open the box because he'd never actually seen the USB device before!

Of course, when my next statement arrived, lo and behold I saw my Internet Everywhere monthly limit was 250 hours and 3GB. Now, I actually don't have a problem with "fair usage" as such, but I feel that isn't the point: I queried it before signing and was told that "unlimited" meant exactly that.

On using the service, I have found it to range between the useless and barely-adequate. The connection is so slow, even when a full signal is showing in, say, central London.

I rang Orange to query the service I was receiving. To his credit, the guy on the other end was friendly and cheerfully admitted that Orange were changing the goalposts daily as to what you got for your £15 a month "unlimited" Internet Everywhere service. Oh, and he asked if the shop had told me that the £15 a month was an introductory offer and that it would be going up to £20 a month from next April? No, they hadn't.

I know that Orange have had a bad press recently, but I have to admit that that had not been my experience up until now. But I do feel Orange have let themselves down badly on this occasion. I feel that they have mis-sold an inferior product to me, but when I asked if I could cancel the contract, it was a firm no.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Orange Internet Everywhere - or have I just been unlucky?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    If some people think they have problems with Orange.
    "The future is Orange the future is bright " what a load of c--p.
    I was with Free serve then Wanadooo now Orange a loyal customer for 10 years.
    Nearly 4 months ago I got am email telling me that work was being carried out somewhere and I would get another email when it would be finished, then the shit hit the fan, total shutdown no connection for 2 months. Phone calls daily and told it would take 5 days to fix, then oh they said it should be 10 days, then on an on for months. I am now an expert in resetting my live box I have it all set up before I phone. And still all the same excuses. The engineers are looking into it; the engineers have lost the request,
    I had just gone to max to get the free phone calls during the day.
    Well they said they would cut my ninthly bill from 24 to 17.99 pounds as they had taken over the BT lines and are mow using their own exchange.
    Well I am into my 4th month and I get intermittent connection. The phone system through the live box. They told me to switch back to my modem as it might work.
    Using the phone through the live box and getting cut off during a call, ordering something on the internet and loosing it half way through, downloading what a carry on.
    Is this an Orange scam to make you phone them all the time and raking a fortune out of us Orange idiot's.
    They won’t let me out of my contract to get a reliable service from someone else, saying it is not there fault it is someone else’s problem.
    I finally got it out of one of their customer support people that Orange was having serious problems. Could they have told me at the beginning and save me a fortune and a lot of grief.
    This is only part of the story; I could go on all night.
    And it does not help that I am registered Blind and have to go to the library all the time to user there interment its killing me.
    Derek
    Ps If this message seems a bit mixed up I apologise
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If some people think they have problems with Orange.
    "The future is Orange the future is bright " what a load of c--p.
    I was with Free serve then Wanadooo now Orange a loyal customer for 10 years.
    Nearly 4 months ago I got am email telling me that work was being carried out somewhere and I would get another email when it would be finished, then the shit hit the fan, total shutdown no connection for 2 months. Phone calls daily and told it would take 5 days to fix, then oh they said it should be 10 days, then on an on for months. I am now an expert in resetting my live box I have it all set up before I phone. And still all the same excuses. The engineers are looking into it; the engineers have lost the request,
    I had just gone to max to get the free phone calls during the day.
    Well they said they would cut my ninthly bill from 24 to 17.99 pounds as they had taken over the BT lines and are mow using their own exchange.
    Well I am into my 4th month and I get intermittent connection. The phone system through the live box. They told me to switch back to my modem as it might work.
    Using the phone through the live box and getting cut off during a call, ordering something on the internet and loosing it half way through, downloading what a carry on.
    Is this an Orange scam to make you phone them all the time and raking a fortune out of us Orange idiot's.
    They won’t let me out of my contract to get a reliable service from someone else, saying it is not there fault it is someone else’s problem.
    I finally got it out of one of their customer support people that Orange was having serious problems. Could they have told me at the beginning and save me a fortune and a lot of grief.
    This is only part of the story; I could go on all night.
    And it does not help that I am registered Blind and have to go to the library all the time to user there interment its killing me.
    Derek
    Ps If this message seems a bit mixed up I apologise

Their customer service does appear to have nosedived recently, doesn't it?