JJ1 Stung..

2»

Comments

• lynzeelynzee Posts: 8,193
    Forum Member
    dialectic wrote: »
    If he's allergic, he could die!

If he is allergic he will know that he is and get a jab for it. So it is highly unlikely that he is going to drop dead on the spot!
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaymb72 wrote: »
    LOL. It was a wasp then? The way he was going on I thought he stood on a landmine. Probably on a video conference to Mummy as we speak. " There there daaaling, you never mind about that nasty horrible thing doing bad things to you ". And as for the wasp...........

:D:D:D He has more to worry about than a little waspie when he has a giant black widow spider spinning her web around him:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    WinkyTinky wrote: »
    Depends on your pain threshold. I've been stung several times and don't find it anywhere near agonisingly painful. Wincing and a few choice words and thats it, even on the tongue when biting into an apple that a wasp decided to share with me.

Oh, poor you. Exactly the same thing happened to my husband too. He didn't make a fuss about it either but the side of his face swelled up to twice its normal size by the following day but he just shrugged it off. He took a lot of ribbing from work though!!

I have to admit though that it did look like he'd gone through a few rounds with Mike Tyson.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Quite ironic really as he will probably be stung in the final by Corin:eek:

I do hope so. :)
  • Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Never been stung then? I can tell you from experience that its one of the most painful experiences, I have ever had.

Yep, I have been stung and yep, it hurt, but i didn't sit going OWWW OWWWWW AHHHH OWWWW :D
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    Yes I have been stung, and so has my 4 year old nephew, and he didn't make as much fuss as JJ lol

Sorry to hear you got stung, I hear putting vinegar on it helps, not sure why though lol

Wasp stings are an alkali and the acetic acid in vinegar neutralises the venom. Bee stings are acidic and baking powder or similar works.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BabelBrook wrote: »
    Wasp stings are alkali and the acetic acid in vinegar neutralises the venom. Bee stings are acidic and baking powder or similar works.

Is is true that if you feed a seagull bread laced with baking powder the bird will explode?:confused:
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasp stings are alkali and the acetic acid in vinegar neutralises the venom. Bee stings are acidic and baking powder or similar works.

I wonder if any of the housemates know this ... I'm waiting for one of them to offer to p*ss on him
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is is true that if you feed a seagull bread laced with baking powder the bird will explode?:confused:

My guess is probably not as well as if you use gunpowder. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    I wonder if any of the housemates know this ... I'm waiting for one of them to offer to p*ss on him

Amazed that Josie didn't squat over his foot immediately, claiming it's an old 'countryfolk' remedy.:D
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, hope it didn't hurt him too much. ;) Can that wasp now see it's way to finding Josie...... :D
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    lynzee wrote: »
    If he is allergic he will know that he is and get a jab for it. So it is highly unlikely that he is going to drop dead on the spot!

Actually where I am from,recently, a guy got stung by a wasp and died!
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    dialectic wrote: »
    Actually where I am from,recently, a guy got stung by a wasp and died!
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/writer-butler-dies-after-wasp-sting-14889807.html#
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure a BB producer will be along very soon to kiss him better and make sure he's ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is probably not as well as if you use gunpowder. :D

Thanks for the tip :D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been stung and it hurt but nothing like the fuss he made. My God he's from Australia where insects kill you, what a woose.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OldBagHere wrote: »
    Amazed that Josie didn't squat over his foot immediately, claiming it's an old 'countryfolk' remedy.:D

LOL::D:D:D