Real Radio's transition to Heart

Comments

• HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact 2 new songs were playlisted for today's launch and clearly the track HAPPY now being hearts "song".

I'm also glad all the new hearts had a set script to launch with, unlike the anticlimax that was the heart Devon or somewhere launch.
  • seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually get the impression that the whole Heart 'offering' has changed from today to incorporate the Reals, over and above standardizations to accommodate format requirements. It all just seems a bit more 'up

Are you saying the heart on offer from this morning is a tad different to what heart used to be like? and Global have had to make changes to incorporate the stations? Thats a turn up for the books.
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the fact that in the NE the Heart angels were out apparently dancing and handing out boxes of donuts to promote Heart? A sickly sweet creation that provides a quick fix but is otherwise unsubstantial and if you have too much of it, too often, can make you feel rather unwell and is extremely bad for your health and much the same can be said of the donuts too... ;-)

Great metaphor Heart!
  • tezenistezenis Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Just had a listen to the Wales launch via Aircheck Downloads. Thought it was a fairly bog standard piece of production up to 6am, hardly likely to get the blood pumping (although I daresay one or two posters on this thread may disagree). To suggest that today could be the "Greatest Day Of My Life" is a little dramatic.

Of course if you're a regular radio listener you'd think those people in the mix really love the radio station, of course if you know a few of the tricks of the trade you'll realise they are nothing of the sort.

The first link on Heart South Wales will be remembered, by me anyway, as Woody intending to say 'ad hoc' but actually saying 'ad cock' when talking about Gary Barlow turning up at a fan's wedding.

I thought I'd give it a listen as a radio fan but it's not for me. Like Magic has always been, like Smooth has become of late, it's bland, formulaic radio which appeals to many people but not to my taste.

It's been interesting following this thread in the build up to today. The enthusiasm which a few people have expressed for the change has struck me as extraordinary. I know we all need stuff that excites us but I find it odd that a service as dull as Heart can raise some to the point of apparent ecstasy.

I had a browse at the new Heart Wales Facebook page. Each new picture posted has been greeted with streams of negativity. This is to be expected of course as this is what always happens when things change. The odd thing is that there is no attempt at response or engagement from Heart. They were replying to comments in the last few weeks with a copied and pasted corporate message but nothing in the last few days. They have clearly decided to let the objectors have their say and let them slip away in a few days. A bit of interaction wouldn't have hurt though.

Just finally, in the many pages of this thread the one word which crops up the most when talking about Heart is 'slick'. I don't know about you but in my opinion if the best word you can come up to describe this radio 'tour de force' is 'slick' then that's rather sad.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has Toby Anstis written of his affection for all these new places?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart actually sounds so much bigger and better with the news on the hour past 7pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andrew1973 wrote: »
    Loving the fact that in the NE the Heart angels were out apparently dancing and handing out boxes of donuts to promote Heart? A sickly sweet creation that provides a quick fix but is otherwise unsubstantial and if you have too much of it, too often, can make you feel rather unwell and is extremely bad for your health and much the same can be said of the donuts too... ;-)

Great metaphor Heart!

They were out in force across the NW too. In manchester they were at Piccadilly gardens this morning!
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great metaphor Heart!

:D Superb
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Heart actually sounds so much bigger and better with the news on the hour past 7pm.

Alright. We get it, you think Heart is wonderful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    -ajm- wrote: »
    R.I.P.

no sadly I'm very much alive lol but I did get to hear the launch of heart yorks :D
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    I did check out Heart Scotland after the 7pm news to see if Roberto would nod to the new station on a split link.... and he did. "Welcome to Heart, your new station for Scotland..."

They'll overdo the split links for a few days then it'll fizzle out no doubt. I remember they were all over Cornwall for about 10 days then it dropped off.
  • radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not anti heart or global but its just not for me .it was the same with the changes to smooth . it has lessened the choices on my dial .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were out in force across the NW too. In manchester they were at Piccadilly gardens this morning!

Darn, I wished I'd had known that, I want to get some Heart branded stuff, maybe a car sticker even. Please let us know if you know where else they will be as you seem to be the main NW Heart fanboy/stalker/zealot/nutcase (delete as applicable) here! :p
  • CS73CS73 Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    tezenis wrote: »
    Of course if you're a regular radio listener you'd think those people in the mix really love the radio station, of course if you know a few of the tricks of the trade you'll realise they are nothing of the sort.

One of the voices is definitely Pandora from Capital
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the visual for the NW launch for those interested...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qxQ1y0t2ViY&hd=1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the visual for the NW launch for those interested...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qxQ1y0t2ViY&hd=1

What application is that on Lorna's far right screen?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Has Marvin always been on Capital from 7pm? As I switched on just before 7 and he said "welcome to my brand new show" was not sure if it was a new show or it was just for Capital North West and Wales?
  • TVCymruTVCymru Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    DJDave wrote: »
    Has Marvin always been on Capital from 7pm? As I switched on just before 7 and he said "welcome to my brand new show" was not sure if it was a new show or it was just for Capital North West and Wales?

Just new for the new station
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Darn, I wished I'd had known that, I want to get some Heart branded stuff, maybe a car sticker even. Please let us know if you know where else they will be as you seem to be the main NW Heart fanboy/stalker/zealot/nutcase (delete as applicable) here! :p

I 'd love to know where they are going to be in Yorkshire. I'd love to get a few mugs, stickers and any other tat that Heart is dishing out for free.

OK, the sticker may look out of place on a Transit tipper but at least no one will want to nick it if it has a Heart 106-108 sticker in it.
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seiko456 wrote: »
    I had the delight to listen to the station today. Very very slick, and polished. Th e play list was outstanding very little repeats, and as said Heart has tried to make the change over alot more Scottish, especial with not using Emma for the TV advert. People are still complaining on Scottish FB page., even just mins ago.

But issues do remain.

* Very shorty news bulletins, really should be 3mins
    * The lack of Speech, most of the time its about competitions or Celebs news.
    It seems there cant even get the local DJ names right..... http://m.c.heart.co.uk/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=h9F70SLZQYUPq%2F%2FLCk2RPhE4b%2B6JAaQF&cmpid=E.Heart_Solus_ArrivedRL_ScotlandWest&cmp=EMC-NEO

Pre-recorded Output Friday evenings between 1900 and 2100 and Saturday afternoons between 1700 and 2100 and Sunday mornings between 0600 and 1200 are pre-recorded.

Just to let you know that your email address appears in that link.
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't listened to Real Radio (Scotland) for years. I see people on Facebook complaining about the networked shows but was under the impression shows outwith breakfast and drive were networked for some time. Am I correct?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hadn't listened to Real Radio (Scotland) for years. I see people on Facebook complaining about the networked shows but was under the impression shows outwith breakfast and drive were networked for some time. Am I correct?

Yes. It seems that people who are moaning about "English" shows on Heart Scotland are unaware that Real did exactly the same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bus shelters in stirling have "Heart as arrived " posters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night, over on the Heart Yorkshire page, Dixie put up a - for Heart - lengthy post explaining his feelings about things, clearly in response to the hate messages and people complaining, for people who can't be bothered to go find it, it's this:
    Dixie here, wanted to say a few words...
    Today I was extremely proud to launch Yorkshire’s brand new radio station, Heart. It’s been a long time coming. Thanks for all the support, I know it’s going to be great!
    There’s just one thing I want to address and as much as I would love to respond to everyone personally, it’s just not practical. So I’ll say it here and hope you understand.
    Obviously, I used to work for Real Radio, where I presented the Breakfast Show with Gayle. We had a great run, it was a blast and we continue to be good friends. Thanks so much for all the love you gave the show.
    It’s not appropriate for us to discuss the changes to the station “On Air”. Gayle didn’t want a big ‘Goodbye’ on her last day and I wanted to respect her decision. I, of course, wish her the best in whatever she does next but she can reveal what this is when, or if, she sees fit. As for me, I’m really looking forward to the future and am excited about my new show on a new station with Emma.
    To those of you who are upset that we are not together anymore, then all I can say is this… I’m sure you understand that things can’t stay the same forever. We are both so proud of what we achieved in the last five years and hope you enjoyed the ride… I know we did! I hope you will now continue to support us in our respective choices.
    All the best!
    D.x

And of course, just about everyone posted a reply saying it was clearly scripted/written by Global etc. Yorkshire folk are not stupid I think is the message they are trying to send back!
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    im not anti heart or global but its just not for me .it was the same with the changes to smooth . it has lessened the choices on my dial .

Have you tried Ipod radio mine rotates over 1600 tracks of my own choice more than any Heart playlist never tire of it.