Too much nastiness on GD

Comments

• Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    You'll also have to shove several million Eritreans out of the way too, there are just so many of them all queuing for the library that they fill the city centre.

Behave now!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    You'll also have to shove several million Eritreans out of the way too, there are just so many of them all queuing for the library that they fill the city centre.

:D:D:D
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh this thread has become so *nice*. It's like an episode of The Good Life. I preferred it when everyone was at each other's throats :D
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amen brother and not to comment on peoples punctuation and spelling

There isn't any in your post lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    No, they form an orderly line up from Angel Lodge. Very well mannered, and they use the bin facilities, unlike the locals.

As the Captain says, the cathedral spire peeps out above a sea of discarded crisp packets. It's what brings the tourists in! :D

I thought that was the fat chav ladies in skimpy clothes two sizes too small?.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said Mark.

I'm sick of all the pedants who are so keen to pick every word apart that it's become unpleasant and frustrating to post here because instead of having a discussion you feel you're having to waste time clarifying and justifying your words to those who just love being petty and awkward and take great delight in digging up your old threads of which you spend ages having to justify. If you happen to say something which isn't exactly to the word the same as you said in previous thread even though it's obvious to those with half a braincell what you mean or if you don't explain yourself 100% clear or leave yourself open to any criticism then there's always one idiot who will pick you up on it or say, you must be lying or a troll.

It's getting as bad as the Abuse (Advice) forum. People using it to have a pop and belittle or criticise the op. If people have no interest in joining in the discussion then why not just stay away.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh, get used to it.

There are people on here who seem to delight in mocking you. They even have an entire forum where they can go and bitch about you if you catch their interest where they perform a ritualistic circle jerk.

It's like a self help forum for people with delusions of grandeur.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a discussion forum not an excuse to insult people.

If you don't agree with someone, fine. Discuss it like an adult and drop the personal jibes.

Maybe then this would be a pleasant place to post. Now surely we ALL agree on that?

I don't think you really get how internet forums work.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS.
    It's a time honoured tradition of Trolls to stir people up and then blame the rest of the forum for being antisocial.
    Get with the program.
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you really get how internet forums work.

Oh I think I do.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    FFS.
    It's a time honoured tradition of Trolls to stir people up and then blame the rest of the forum for being antisocial.
    Get with the program.

programme

Sorry. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Well said Mark.

I'm sick of all the pedants who are so keen to pick every word apart that it's become unpleasant and frustrating to post here because instead of having a discussion you feel you're having to waste time clarifying and justifying your words to those who just love being petty and awkward and take great delight in digging up your old threads of which you spend ages having to justify. If you happen to say something which isn't exactly to the word the same as you said in previous thread even though it's obvious to those with half a braincell what you mean or if you don't explain yourself 100% clear or leave yourself open to any criticism then there's always one idiot who will pick you up on it or say, you must be lying or a troll.

It's getting as bad as the Abuse (Advice) forum. People using it to have a pop and belittle or criticise the op. If people have no interest in joining in the discussion then why not just stay away.

^^This^^
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    programme

Sorry. :blush:

Pogrom?
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastiness attracts nastiness

Multiple threads about dark skinned non locals dropping litter and abusing the internet will do that m
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastiness attracts nastiness

Multiple threads about dark skinned non locals dropping litter and abusing the internet will do that m

Evening Rupert, are we well? Hope you've had a good day old chap. :)

Nice to see you on this thread.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    :sleep:

:confused:

That's increased your post count by one, well done!
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a discussion forum not an excuse to insult people.

If you don't agree with someone, fine. Discuss it like an adult and drop the personal jibes.

Maybe then this would be a pleasant place to post. Now surely we ALL agree on that?

Peace and love. Peace and love.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also those idiots who want to drag up dirt from one of your previous threads in order to derail and take the current one off topic because they know it will wind you up and you end up arguing about that instead of discussing the topic in hand.

I'm frigging sick of having to explain to certain people who keep pulling me up on when I call the place I live a town and other times a village that now I'm sure they just do it on purpose to be pedantic and awkward. I don't know how many times I've had to explain that I often call it a village because I grew up here when it was just that but since growing up it's become bigger so it's only just got town status although the village square and shops are so small that it still feels like a village to most people and even some newcomers refer to the place as a village even though the surrounding houses make it technically a small town.

Why the hell should I have to keep explaining myself every time I choose to refer to my birthplace as one or the other. What difference does it really matter? Seriously some people are just petty awkward arsewipes who'll look for any minor detail to criticise you. So instead of discussing the thing you were meant to you end up going off on 2 pages of something totally irrelevant.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    You only joined in June and have already clocked up over 1100 posts, so any alleged nastiness certainly doesn't appear to be putting you off the place!

My thoughts exactly :) If people are unhappy why not just walk away from the keyboard or leave the site completely :confused:

After seeing some of the nastiness on forums out there I feel DS is quite tame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Peace and love. Peace and love.

Not to mention unity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh **** off the lot of you :mad:

:p
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Also those idiots who want to drag up dirt from one of your previous threads in order to derail and take the current one off topic because they know it will wind you up and you end up arguing about that instead of discussing the topic in hand.

I know exactly what you mean!! My wife does that to me in real life. Always casting up what I have said in the past. A guy is entitled to change his mind about things without being accused of being a liar or a hypocrite! :>:(
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GD has been a hotbed of nastiness since I can remember.
    But for every one-trick vicious troll that it attracts there are more genuinely nice and funny posters, hence why I still post here.

There are worse cesspits out there.
  • made_in_londonmade_in_london Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I stayed away from the forum a while back and only just started posting again. I am shocked how rude and nasty some people can be. The dead man dildo thread pretty much somes it up.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is one of the more civilised forums. Not mentioning the obvious ones who aren't. :D