Does White Dee have a job now?

EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
Forum Member
✭✭
I have read that she has stopped claiming the benefits which made her a celebrity.
What is she employed as now?
Does anyone know?

Comments

• this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is a celebrity now apparently :D they get good pay 100k for big brother, should keep her going for abit
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Yep, future winner of BB
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    she is a celebrity now apparently :D

But she's famous for being on benefits.
    Being paid £Ks to be on TV negates this somewhat.
    Being famous for no longer being on benefits doesn't have the same heart warming ring to it.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Problem with this situation is people moaned and groaned about her when she was on benefits , which she stopped claiming in March, but people are now moaning and groaning that she is in the public eye and NOT claiming benefits :D
  • keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there was a quote from her in the papers at one point saying that she didn't care that her benefits had stopped because 'at this rate' (ie payment for interviews/TV appearances) she'd be a millionaire next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Problem with this situation is people moaned and groaned about her when she was on benefits , which she stopped claiming in March, but people are now moaning and groaning that she is in the public eye and NOT claiming benefits :D

Well she's hardly a spokesperson for those on benefits now she's gone and got a job.
    I'm sure she could still get a bit of housing benefit or something if she really tried.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe there was a quote from her in the papers at one point saying that she didn't care that her benefits had stopped because 'at this rate' (ie payment for interviews/TV appearances) she'd be a millionaire next year.

Oh right. So the benefits were stopped. She didn't choose to come of them then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    Oh right. So the benefits were stopped. She didn't choose to come of them then.

I believe so but I'm sure someone will come along in a minute to tell me i'm wrong!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, bugger, the 50p man got greedy :(
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I believe so but I'm sure someone will come along in a minute to tell me i'm wrong!

On this morning she said ''I was able to come off benefits in march'' .
    Daily fail probably just twisted it, as per.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have they put a benefits scrounger on a crappy show like this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Carnage Magaluf :eek:
    Is that a joke? Another Holiday destination off my list for ever.
    So how is she fitting in with her neighbours now she's on her way to fame and fortune. They must be resenting her a bit now she's mixing with.......non benefit people. Don't they look down on those who earn money?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how is she fitting in with her neighbours now she's on her way to fame and fortune. They must be resenting her a bit now she's mixing with.......non benefit people. Don't they look down on those who earn money?

I don't know, I suppose it depends on whether any of them benefit from her new found wealth/celebrity or whether she has a 'sod you, Jack' attitude.

On the show (Benefits Street) she was the matriarch of the street by virtue of the fact that she was the brightest/most literate so she was the person they all turned to help with their benefits paperwork. She was also the one that tried to instigate legal action because she/they felt they were mislead as to the content/angle of the programme.

She did come across as very likeable once you got past the fact that she was lazy/working the system. As was said on another thread, her daughter seemed to be the only one with any ambition and Dee didn't even bother to go to see her compete in a competition.

If I recall correctly her benefits were stopped for a short time during the course of the programme (it was filmed at the time of the reforms to sickness benefit) and she was very relieved, and a little smug, when her GP signed her off with depression again and she was once again eligible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, I suppose it depends on whether any of them benefit from her new found wealth/celebrity or whether she has a 'sod you, Jack' attitude.

On the show (Benefits Street) she was the matriarch of the street by virtue of the fact that she was the brightest/most literate so she was the person they all turned to help with their benefits paperwork. She was also the one that tried to instigate legal action because she/they felt they were mislead as to the content/angle of the programme.

She did come across as very likeable once you got past the fact that she was lazy/working the system. As was said on another thread, her daughter seemed to be the only one with any ambition and Dee didn't even bother to go to see her compete in a competition.

If I recall correctly her benefits were stopped for a short time during the course of the programme (it was filmed at the time of the reforms to sickness benefit) and she was very relieved, and a little smug, when her GP signed her off with depression again and she was once again eligible.

I'm guessing she doesn't have much time to help the street with their paperwork now. I'm sure once she has her agent sorted out they can all get their own show. Eastenders meets Geordie Shore on Benefits or similar. I can just see it.
  • ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    She's a "celebrity" now, destined to grace your telly screens in numerous reality shows over the next few years. Ah well, as long as it keeps her off benefits I suppose.
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She probably will. At least she'll be off benefits and earning her own money. Don't mind that.
  • iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read that she has stopped claiming the benefits which made her a celebrity.
    Does anyone know?

she's the mother of 2 children.that's a big enough job !
  • hippychickxxxhippychickxxx Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know?

yes she is employed - self employed and she is in the house doing her job

she is a "celeb" doing what celebs do and getting paid for it - same as the rest of them who are in there :)

(i don't know about george - he is an electrician so he might have an employer - although he will have to pay his own tax on what he earns from CBB)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's now a full time media ****.
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that bothers me is that the depression seems to have miraculously disappeared
  • Phil O'SopherPhil O'Sopher Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I say good luck to her, she's a character. ;):)
  • Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carnage Magaluf :eek:
    Is that a joke? Another Holiday destination off my list for ever.

Most of her neighbours had jobs and didn't receive benefits, the show only concentrated on those who were on benefits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that bothers me is that the depression seems to have miraculously disappeared

Yes it's amazing what being on Telly can do to lift one's spirits.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's this years winner, the £13,000 she stole is being spent on votes.

For those who don't know.

All hail the salt of the Earth Dee.