Mini Episode Next Week

sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
Forum Member
✭✭
A mini episode will be on Blue Peter next Thursday. It is the script chosen from the Script to Screen School Competition.

Comments

• Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the actual, filmed story, or just a feature on it?
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Is it the actual, filmed story, or just a feature on it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01j9pmw
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    A mini episode will be on Blue Peter next Thursday. It is the script chosen from the Script to Screen School Competition.

Boring. Yeah give some kids the most priveleged job in the world. Great job Moff.
  • PeronessDSPeronessDS Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    oh dear..i'm not sure I like the idea of this..doctor who should be sacred to the proper writers:o
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Boring. Yeah give some kids the most priveleged job in the world. Great job Moff.
    I bet the children found it great fun and it's a way of covering literacy formats, aswell as scriptwriting, reports, poetry etc.
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit of fun, it will be a wonderful memory for these young writers. Can't see why it would be a problem and I'm definitely going to watch it.

In my mind it shows you that Moff and RTD are both similar and both great (both are giving children the opportunity to partake in their favourite programme). I can see the Moff sitting at home and thinking "I wish I had had the opportunity to do this when I was younger".:D
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit of fun, it will be a wonderful memory for these young writers. Can't see why it would be a problem and I'm definitely going to watch it.

In my mind it shows you that Moff and RTD are both similar and both great (both are giving children the opportunity to partake in their favourite programme). I can see the Moff sitting at home and thinking "I wish I had had the opportunity to do this when I was younger".:D

The last one, with Einstein, was wonderful and certqainly the equal of some scriptwork I hav eseen on DW :)
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member

you should of writed a script it would be beter than the one they got
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    The last one, with Einstein, was wonderful and certqainly the equal of some scriptwork I hav eseen on DW :)

I remember it:D.
  • PeronessDSPeronessDS Posts: 168
    Forum Member

I'm being a grumpy old man aren't I :o Right, I've got over myself now and will take it for what it is, a bit of fun :)
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeronessDS wrote: »
    I'm being a grumpy old man aren't I :o Right, I've got over myself now and will take it for what it is, a bit of fun :)

And part of the longstanding tradiiton of getting kids involved in DW :) I don't think the Moff would do anything that might damage the standing of the show, no matter what grumpy old men ;) or other more bitter people might say :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you a man??:eek:;) (Edit: I should say I'm joking).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some people won't like it, others will.
    Best not to mention that it should be treated as canon:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wasn't that the concept behind Press Gang ?
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear, lighten up. It's not like you have to regard the story as canon.
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    you should of writed a script it would be beter than the one they got

my ambition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Oh dear, lighten up. It's not like you have to regard the story as canon.

Its just these days they give some kids everything on a plate. Why not working their ass for 10 years and then get told sorry your not good enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its just these days they give some kids everything on a plate. Why not working their ass for 10 years and then get told sorry your not good enough.

I'm curious; were you ever a child, or have you always been this miserable?

They're kids; young, (relatively) care-free, and happy. This is a great opportunity for them and hopefully brightens up their lives in some small way.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:o My apologies sir, I had reckoned you a lady what with the '-ess' and all. :o
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

I don't think being given the chance to make a small contribution to a bit of fun on Blue Peter is quite the equivalent of being handed "everything on a plate".

Nor is the concept of children being handed things on plates a novel concept for "these days". The upper classes have been doing it for centuries. Just ask Cameron, Osborne and the rest of the Cabinet.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you a man??:eek:;) (Edit: I should say I'm joking).

Can women actually be grumpy old men these days? :confused: I suppose I should watch more television... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    I don't think being given the chance to make a small contribution to a bit of fun on Blue Peter is quite the equivalent of being handed "everything on a plate".

Nor is the concept of children being handed things on plates a novel concept for "these days". The upper classes have been doing it for centuries. Just ask Cameron, Osborne and the rest of the Cabinet.

This.
    Can women actually be grumpy old men these days? :confused: I suppose I should watch more television... :o

I don't think so:D. Although the more I read the forum today, the more grumpy I'm getting. Some trolling or incredible stupidity going on.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I don't think so:D. Although the more I read the forum today, the more grumpy I'm getting. Some trolling or incredible stupidity going on.

Ug! Wooooman!

*starts thumping chest*

Wooooman pritty! Drink now! Me thirsty!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    Ug! Wooooman!

*starts thumping chest*

Wooooman pritty! Drink now! Me thirsty!

**hands outside his daily medication consisting of Evening Primrose oil and lavendar oil, served with a lovely glass of sweet sherry**

This should do the trick:).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    I'm curious; were you ever a child, or have you always been this miserable?

They're kids; young, (relatively) care-free, and happy. This is a great opportunity for them and hopefully brightens up their lives in some small way.

Kids these days get too much. They have no right to write a epsidoe thats what writers do. They should be at school doing work not being given the job of a lifetime.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Give me a T
    Give me an R
    Give me a OLL.