Rihanna rumoured to be Recording Full version of Birthday Cake with Chris Brown!!!

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
I hope this is true, it is a good song and will proably end up being a huge hit. I think people will be shocked that they are dueting but they have been back together for a bit now so....

Comments

• Jeanie GoldJeanie Gold Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is a hit then it's a disaster. She should get a lot of backlash for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst move she could make putting him on the track. The backlash would massively harm and potentially wreck her career. I hope her friends and record label block the move, she'd be an idiot to do this.

I read the police report the other day from the incident (it's the real one) and I can't believe she'd even consider working with him. He's a disgraceful monster and does not deserve to be celebrated or recognised with a Grammy award. He got off way too easy and how anyone could think he's an acceptable being I don't know, or buy into his brand and music. Vile creature. Sends out such a bad message to people, particularly younger people, for him to still be able to achieve success IMO.

I'm up for forgiving people and their mistakes but in this instance? Hell no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds like one of the ideas where she wants it but her record label really don't want her to, but she goes and does it nonetheless to "prove them wrong".
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very excited, hope it isn't him, wouldn't be right.
    But I don't know who else it could be...
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be a stupid idea and could wreck her career.

And I have just listened to it and it sounds exactly like Beyonce Videophone.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    That would be a stupid idea and could wreck her career.

And I have just listened to it and it sounds exactly like Beyonce Videophone.

It sounds nothing like video phone :confused:

And surely even she can not be so blinded by her obvious infatuation for him one he is rubbish and would ruin the song and two wow way to lose fans RiRi and set an awful example to young girls yes people change but to act as though he didn't beat you senseless and its okay is a whole other kettle of fish
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It sounds nothing like video phone :confused:

And surely even she can not be so blinded by her obvious infatuation for him one he is rubbish and would ruin the song and two wow way to lose fans RiRi and set an awful example to young girls yes people change but to act as though he didn't beat you senseless and its okay is a whole other kettle of fish

'Exactly like it' is too strong, but to me they sound similar.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    'Exactly like it' is too strong, but to me they sound similar.

I see where your coming from they both are quite repetitive and have that sort of how would you say like buzzing intro and bassline and follow a similar non verse chorus verse order
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    what a complete idiot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it sounds just like videophone as well tbh I kinda like it but it's not the best Rihanna song at all it's not that strong, much better ones on the album. I really want to know who's collaborating with her, I though they confirmed it wasn't chris brown. I don't think it's wise collaborating with him in this stage in her career when everything is going so well, it's not like she needs the publicity.
  • Rose BuckRose Buck Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Would lose so much respect for her if this turned out to be true.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    That would be a very silly thing to do, I'm sure she'd lose a good part of her fanbase for doing such a thing
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll loose all respect for her and so will many many people. Especially since full details of the attack come out (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1630927) it's worse than I thought.

It'll be career suicide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would lose SOOO much respect for her if she did
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Please say this is isn't true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She is an idiot if she goes ahead with this, but her fans will lap it up.
    Not a good look, RiRi.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    If this is true, then she's a very stupid woman. I don't understand why some girls still like the woman beater
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the treatment she apparently had from her father growing up and then the Chris Brown beatings etc you'd think she'd maybe have some respect for the girls/women going through the same ordeal?!!! But instead she'll be gyrating up against the abuser?!

Domestic violence is not sexy and should NOT be dressed up to be harmless!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid girl.

It'll do more harm than good.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    If this is true then what a complete and utter idiot, not to mention what a dangerous and irresponsible message she would be sending out to young women.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offence but it's not Rihanna's job to send out messages for females. She's entitled to do whatever she wants, it's her life and her career.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know why people would be shocked tbh drug taking and his lookalike in the WFL video, it fits her dont give a shit what people think attitude. He would definitely fit the song and i do hope it is him. Do think people are going a bit ott tbh and dont think it will do her career any damage at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    No offence but it's not Rihanna's job to send out messages for females. She's entitled to do whatever she wants, it's her life and her career.

But by doing this collaboration (plus the rumours that she's getting back together with Chris Brown) she is sending out a message - that you can get away with domestic abuse with little consequence. If she wanted to never mention the incident again and completely forget about it, I wouldn't blame her - she didn't ask for any of it. She may be the most famous victim of domestic abuse but that doesn't mean that she has to spend her whole life talking about it

But by getting back with someone so unrepentant as Chris Brown (professionally and/or personally) she is sending out a message about violence towards women. Just think of all those people posting things like 'Chris Brown can hit me any time' on twitter. Do you think they're likely to change their mind after hearing about this?

It's a shame, because a couple of years ago Rihanna seemed to understand this and realise the power that someone in her position has http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNnVd7yMPvQ

PS I did post this yesterday... http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1630787&highlight=
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is a hit then it's a disaster. She should get a lot of backlash for it.

No pun intended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No pun intended.

Oh God, I didn't even realize. :(:o:(