CDs you never see in charity shops

13»

Comments

• barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with the term 'thrift shop', is that the same sort of thing?
    I think the poster meant shops like Poundland or the 99p shop.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Ah, I did in fact have one Gary Glitter album on cd come in a few weeks ago, I asked my manager whether she would prefer me not to put it out for sale and she said it was up to me to decide whether to display it or not. Still got it on the shelf upstairs and haven't decided whether to put it out or not, I just know that if I do someone will probably complain.
    Put it out there, as somebody will buy it for its kitsch value. No need to deprive the charity money over something that can't possibly harm anyone. The same with Rolf Harris – anybody would think their mementos had voodoo qualities by the way some people over react.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I think the poster meant shops like Poundland or the 99p shop.

Is 'thrift shop' an American term? I'm sure I've heard it on Friends or something but I've never heard anyone I know from the UK use it. I would just call the ones you talk about 'pound shops.'
  • Castle SaburacCastle Saburac Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Nick Drake
    Any Fleetwood Mac album from the Bob Welch era
    CD copies of the five studio albums released by The Mamas and the Papas
    The Saturdays
    Britney Spears' later albums
    Lady Gaga
    Roisin Murphy

A local charity shop has CDs by Lady Gaga and Britney Spears. They've been there for ages.
  • Robin TrippRobin Tripp Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Flux Of Pink Indians - The ****ing ***** Treat Us Like Pricks
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    A local charity shop has CDs by Lady Gaga and Britney Spears. They've been there for ages.

Which Gaga and Britney albums does the shop have? I saw BOMT and Blackout (yep! :o) in my local Dealz (what we call Poundland in Ireland) a few weeks ago.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    now music after 60
  • SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    What's a charity shop? Like a thrift shop?

A thrift shop is exactly the same as a charity shop, it just happens to be what they call them in the USA.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whose CDs have you never found in a charity shop? To start it off, I've never seen anything by Bruce Springsteen.

Today I saw a copy of Bruce's "The Rising". That's a first. It was a deluxe edition with a CD too.