Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else seen this yet?

watched it last night, was quite good:)

Comments

• Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was actually going to watch it today but didn't end up going, my sister is seeing it today so I will ask her what it was like :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I liked it and wouldn't mind watching a sequel but I wasn't keen on the ending.

I'd like to see more of a back story about the mirror if they did a sequel
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is alot of scope for a sequel I think, alot of unanswered questions
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a horror movie this seems to be getting good reviews with people saying it's genuinely scary. I think i might have to check it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it doesn't have many jumps but it gets the mind ticking! my other half said it reminded him of "triangle", I can sort of see where he is coming from but I loved triangle it is one of my fave films
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite dreadful
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    I didn't really like it but it wasn't terrible. 5/10.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not bad and Karen Gillan's in it.:)
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We saw it last Friday and I came out feeling like something had stirred my brain with a spoon :D

It was alright, didn't find it very scary though. Although Karen's American accent was good, I just couldn't see past it!

Also the main guy recently played Prince Phillip in Maleficent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I agree it didn't really have the scare factor but was more of a mind twister trying to piece it all together afterwards,
  • fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I watched it on Tuesday and thought it was good. However there were a couple of holes in the plot that I picked up on but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the film really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the smartest, most intriguing and original horrors I've seen for a good while. Terrific acting, especially from Karen Gillan and I think it did very well in not cramming in unnecessary jumps but really ramping up the tension. The scene with the apple/lightbulb is a perfect example of this.

I also agree with the person who linked it with Triangle (one of my two favourite films ever made). I thought the way it was so smooth in dealing with the transitions really added to the tension and atmosphere of the film.

I think it'll work perfectly for a sequel but I wouldn't want it immediately either. Looking forward to the DVD release though. Are we looking at a November-time release for it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrPond wrote: »

I also agree with the person who linked it with Triangle (one of my two favourite films ever made). I thought the way it was so smooth in dealing with the transitions really added to the tension and atmosphere of the film.

I really need to watch Triangle again, amazing film and still gets me thinking!!!! that and buried are defiantly favourite films of mine....

the final scene with Tim (her other half) though in Oculus I think has been left very open, not sure how to post spoilers on here so won't reveal too much.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it a lot even if it's just the shining with an evil mirror rather than an Indian burial ground.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Triangle is far superior to this crap in every way.

Now that was a great movie and it looks amazing on blu-ray
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 46,968
    Forum Member
    I saw this last week. I thought it was rubbish. Boring, confusing and not very scary at all.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a typical B movie horror with a terrible ending.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    MrPond wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the smartest, most intriguing and original horrors I've seen for a good while. Terrific acting, especially from Karen Gillan and I think it did very well in not cramming in unnecessary jumps but really ramping up the tension. The scene with the apple/lightbulb is a perfect example of this.

I think it'll work perfectly for a sequel but I wouldn't want it immediately either. Looking forward to the DVD release though. Are we looking at a November-time release for it?

Hmm, your username would suggest bias in favour of Ms Gillan...:p
  • Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the movie, I liked how this movie messing with your head, Loved the way how They blended the pass and present in to one scenes.

I was shocked, how the movie ended, I did say "no way", not loud but loud enough for some people turn head towards me lol

Coming out the cinema, For the first time in years, I actually felt like to come back in there for next showing!
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it last night. Really good movie, I thought, which definitely merits a sequel. It's good enough that I'm going to watch it again tonight. It was atmospheric, quite spooky in places and I thought it was very well acted and directed.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it but it's basically the Shining with an evil mirror instead of an Indian burial ground.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I liked it but it's basically the Shining with an evil mirror instead of an Indian burial ground.

Yes I noticed similarities with The Shining. That film probably strongly influenced Oculus. But I think Oculus was well produced and, if you liked the Shining, you will, most likely, enjoy Oculus as well.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't rate it at all to be honest
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vix77 wrote: »
    Didn't rate it at all to be honest

I watched it afew days ago & it didn't register @ all :blush: so I'm gonna rewatch tonight! :) ... Just ended up confused lol :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I watched it afew days ago & it didn't register @ all :blush: so I'm gonna rewatch tonight! :) ... Just ended up confused lol :blush:

It is a little confusing, particularly the second half. But it does make sense. The thing to remember is that the film starts showing the same time frame, but from a different characters perspective.