Slimming World Free Pizza Recipe

I created this, not sure if it is syn free or not, waiting for them to get back to me. I just used my HE.

http://www.latoyah.co.uk/2014/07/recipe-slimming-world-syn-free-pizza.html

Comments

• Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know nothing about Slimming World, or what 'syn free' or 'HE' mean.

Eating pizza on a diet hardly seems appropriate though, but if you must, why not buy a frozen pizza and instead of cutting into 6 pieces, cut into 4. That way you will be eating 2 slices less so it has to be a win-win.

Now back to your recipe in which you include a full tablespoon of garlic powder. I presume that stuff is pretty concentrated as it has no liquid (I only use fresh garlic myself), are you sure this is correct?
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garlic powder should be just dehydrated garlic cloves that have been ground to a powder.
    So it should be pure garlic.
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garlic powder should be just dehydrated garlic cloves that have been ground to a powder.
    So it should be pure garlic.

That's what I thought, in which case a whole tablespoon for a single pizza is a massive overdose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could say curry is hardly a dish to be incorporated into a healthy diet but one of the decent curries I make and enjoy is Slimming World endorsed.
    I don't make it because of weight issues but because a friend who had a heart attack recommended it and I decided to try it and liked it.
    No jars or pastes or ghee, it's made from scratch ingredients with minimum oil and natural yogurt.
    In fact, I have this amongst my several curry cookery books
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slimming-Worlds-Curry-Feast-mouth-watering/dp/0091909260/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406504506&sr=8-2&keywords=slimming+world+curry+heaven
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I thought, in which case a whole tablespoon for a single pizza is a massive overdose.
    I'm not sure about massive Paulie.
    I'd guess 5/6 crushed cloves would fill a tablespoon?
    Would you consider that excessive once cooked in a whole pizza?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I know nothing about Slimming World, or what 'syn free' or 'HE' mean.

Eating pizza on a diet hardly seems appropriate though, but if you must, why not buy a frozen pizza and instead of cutting into 6 pieces, cut into 4. That way you will be eating 2 slices less so it has to be a win-win.

Now back to your recipe in which you include a full tablespoon of garlic powder. I presume that stuff is pretty concentrated as it has no liquid (I only use fresh garlic myself), are you sure this is correct?

It is entirely appropriate on a diet! The healthy extras (HE) are things the body needs, like fibre and calcium (dairy products). You are allowed to have 60g of wholemeal bread and 42g of low fat mozzarella cheese.

It is actually 1tsp, not 1tbsp. This has now been amended!
  • ScratchplateScratchplate Posts: 798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ½ a teaspoon of garlic powder is equivalent of one clove of garlic.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I created this, not sure if it is syn free or not, waiting for them to get back to me. I just used my HE.

http://www.latoyah.co.uk/2014/07/recipe-slimming-world-syn-free-pizza.html

As usual, it looks really tasty!