Banshee {UK~PACE}

StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
Forum Member
Pilot of Banshee aired last night on SKY Atlantic....10:15pm
(couldn't find a UK Pace Thread)

Thought it was a great start, it hit the road running...and didn't stop to the end.

The premise of a released prisoner becoming a Sheriff [Hood] in a, couple of days was it, sounds crazy....but it just about worked, not sure for how long the cover will last.....but....

From the Sightseeing Bus Crash, Hairdressing I.T. sidekick {Gok Wan} to a great Bar Fight scene with a sauce bottle....I loved every minute of it......
But I wonder if the Daughter is Hoods.

“Now put your teeth back into your mouth and get out of here.”

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Pilot of Banshee aired last night on SKY Atlantic....10:15pm
    (couldn't find a UK Pace Thread)

Thought it was a great start, it hit the road running...and didn't stop to the end.

The premise of a released prisoner becoming a Sheriff [Hood] in a, couple of days was it, sounds crazy....but it just about worked, not sure for how long the cover will last.....but....

From the Sightseeing Bus Crash, Hairdressing I.T. sidekick {Gok Wan} to a great Bar Fight scene with a sauce bottle....I loved every minute of it......
    But I wonder if the Daughter is Hoods.

“Now put your teeth back into your mouth and get out of here.”

Quite liked the pilot episode, although a bit far fetched in places but still enjoyable.
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't going to watch it but did so I was quite surprised how good it was.

I did take a look in another thread and I did see that episode 3 is very good and so is the final and the rest aren't bad either.

Nice to see a bit more of an adult show.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Yeah, there's been a lot of hype on Sky about this show but little interest from DS people. I'll try and catch the pilot on Sky Showcase in HD? With a name like Banshee, I wondered if there were some fantasy elements but it looks pretty much like a straight modern western.
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent start to the series, and speaking to my brother who lives in States, it is only going to get better :)
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F2kSel wrote: »
    I wasn't going to watch it but did so I was quite surprised how good it was.

I did take a look in another thread and I did see that episode 3 is very good and so is the final and the rest aren't bad either.

Nice to see a bit more of an adult show.

Without giving anything away Banshee is a very good (and yes quite adult) show and it only gets better from the pilot onwards.

I suspect it'll also be one of those shows that are wrongly overlooked by so many people.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yeah, there's been a lot of hype on Sky about this show but little interest from DS people. I'll try and catch the pilot on Sky Showcase in HD? With a name like Banshee, I wondered if there were some fantasy elements but it looks pretty much like a straight modern western.
    There is a US pace thread, when it came out at the start of the year over there.....with over 70 comments.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    storm818 wrote: »
    Excellent start to the series, and speaking to my brother who lives in States, it is only going to get better :)

It is well worth sticking with. I really enjoyed it, and best of all....it's been renewed for a second season.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree. Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I had a feeling Kai Proctor was the old Amish guy's son, they kind of look alike.

Excellent start I think.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you liked the pilot you will love what comes next as it just gets better and better.
    One of my new favourites.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yeah, there's been a lot of hype on Sky about this show but little interest fro] DS people. I'll try and catch the pilot on Sky Showcase in HD? With a name like Banshee, I wondered if there were some fantasy elements but it looks pretty much like a straight modern western.

that's exactly what I thought when I saw the series title, and am v. v. v. v. v. v. v. v. glad I watched it anyway. :cool:
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the pilot. Very pulpy and trashy but in a good way. I will be continuing with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^don't forget to watch it 'till the very end cos there's always (iirc) a bit after the credits.
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^don't forget to watch it 'till the very end cos there's always (iirc) a bit after the credits.

On my planner but not watched yet so thanks for the tip. :)Would definitely have stopped when the credits rolled.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Don't normally watch the credits to the end...but I did this time, think I just wanted to know who made it, so was surprised by the bit at the end, don't think it meant much.....or did it.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I watched at US pace and it is my favourite new show of the year and maybe the last couple of years tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my planner but not watched yet so thanks for the tip. :)Would definitely have stopped when the credits rolled.
    Don't normally watch the credits to the end...but I did this time, think I just wanted to know who made it, so was surprised by the bit at the end, don't think it meant much.....or did it.

I saw the show US pace and only found out about the post-creds bit a good 1/2 way thru the season. :o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Up to Episode 3 and it's really good...so far (been bitten by the awful Following, so I'm cautious!)
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find The Following all that bad. As for Banshee, I was totally surprised at how much I enjoyed this series. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Roll on Season 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Lucas" is for sure the father of Carrie's daughter, why else would Carrie lie about her age to make her seem younger?
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member

Being careful not to post any spoilers, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. The show goes from strength to strength, and has already been renewed.

Watch out for a prison scene, formative in the life of the lead character. I shall say no more. ;)
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    It was ok, but the "New Sheriff" giving away his entire story plus back history was a bit convenient!
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    ...the "New Sheriff" giving away his entire story plus back history was a bit convenient!

But that is completely consistent with what people in the real world do when they move to a new community and meet people, and in this case the guy was going to occupy a visible, public position, so all the more reason for him to "open up."
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by it too, it was quite good, bit like a film with stuff happening all the time, gonna watch it now. Maybe the trailer didn't capture me as I nearly thought no won't bother with this one, glad I did.
  • Pete GrainPete Grain Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't actually have Sky Atlantic..just a mere cap in hand Virgin cable customer 'ere ..*sniff :p

However, if I position my kettle in daylight using asymmetric calculations - I have found it actually captures transmissions of this show, which are then steamed out from the kitchen, landing rather unusally on my stand alone monitor here.

Hard to believe huh..?

Anyways, I've been taking advantage of this inexplicable phenomenom, and so far have seen 6 of the 10 episodes, and I got to say - this is definitely a fantastic show. Sure it's OTT in many regards, but so what ? If the casting is right, the plot fast paced and the entertainment value is high octane, then you have a winner.

Compare and contrast this with recent releases such as Revolution. That series falls into the sad/terrible/awful/dire category of being so bad...it's well...just bad. And that's being polite.

No intention of spilling a bean. However this series started good. Thereafter it just gets better and better. Now a joint favourite with Sons of Anarchy (just finished obviously) for me. Not comparing them in style, format etc...just in terms of good old fashioned enjoyment.

Got to go. Think my kettle needs a refill.. :D
  • Pete GrainPete Grain Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *UPDATE*

Make that 7 out of 10 episodes.

Think I'm in love with my kettle..!!